Author Topic: why is the news so negative?  (Read 223 times)

Acgrundy

why is the news so negative?
« on: January 18, 2005, 10:28:20 PM »
I try to watch at least a little bit of news as often as I can.  it seems 90% of it is negative.  Just now I saw something about somebody who broke into a red cross in Stockton and stole about $4000 in donations for the tsunami relief.  how fuckin sad is that?

what the hell has our world come to?  is the world really this bad?  is it all just selective showings, and the news channels want the best ratings so they don't show anything positive?

Celebrities are always in the news.  why is it you only hear the bad things about them?  why is it that the paparazzi only show the negative things about them?

what the hell is wrong with humans?  is the world doomed to just get worse and worse?  why do people make life so hard on each other?  How come on the freeway somebody has to speed up just so that they can stop somebody from merging in?  why the fuck do people come up with computer viruses and spyware?  what the fuck do they get out of it?  why is it if you go and buy a new car you have to second guess yourself about getting ripped off?

Suga Foot

Re: why is the news so negative?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 10:30:42 PM »
Money is the root of all evil and sin, yet and still it makes the world go around like my 20" rims

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 10:40:48 PM »
the news is part of the media. money has changed how we view the news. the more shocking or enternaing it is, the more they can charge for ads cuz the more people will watch

Acgrundy

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 11:14:03 PM »
Money is the root of all evil and sin, yet and still it makes the world go around like my 20" rims

damn that line was buggin me for a bit, til I remembered it was dre in I Been There, Done That

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 11:27:10 PM »
Humans need agony. Remember that Matrix movie when Neo was like.. if this world is just faked, why is it so fucked up.. why isnt it perfect? Or something and the answer was like: We tried to make it good.. but it didnt work, it collapsed.
I think that's right. People are addicted to sorrow. If it's not themselves who got problems in life, they wanna see other people's tragedies. They wanna see tsunami photographs, they wanna see wars, they wanna see 9/11s, they wanna see talk shows in which everyone is dumb as fuck and has dumb as fuck arguments. They wanna see reality shows in which people get humiliated, shocked or have to eat insects in the jungle.
That's what the rank and file wants, and that's what they get from the media that is dumbing down to get more viewers, more ads, more money.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 11:31:44 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 12:46:13 AM »
I guess if shit was all peechy keen I would have no desire to watch the news. Sad but true. I guess like 7even said, we need agony.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 02:06:25 AM »
yeah every once in a while i get mad as fuck at that shit just feel like wtf is the point.... everything sucks.

but its like... u have 3 choices

a. be ignorant and deny it
b. be a militant revolutionary and set fire on yourself in front of the white house
c. try to make the best out of the situation while being conscious of whats goin on.

i got with c. i know i can't change it but im not gonna act like its right. i dont really kno how to explain, itsl ike, i know im not really doin anythin to change it... i too want alot of money... altho it is the root of all evil... but theres nothin i can do about it and to be able to live an ok life, i need it... so i guess i adapt while bein conscious that i shouldn't lol.

damn i duno how to express what i mean i think that didn't make any kind of sense.

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 03:16:42 AM »
Good news is no news :-\

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 09:58:07 AM »
sadly true.. 
anoying ass michael more makes some good points about this in bowling for columbine...

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 10:04:54 AM »
i'm a bit disappointed after making the post about how britain is going to pay 10% of developing nations' foreign debt and it only recieved one reply, when this really is good news and i'd hope more rich countries follow our lead to help end some of the suffering in the third world. but as its not pro/anti american or about muslim extremists no really gives a shit. so i think the real reason behind it all is that most people watch / read the news because they want find something that upsets them so they can tell everyone else why everythings fucked.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 10:09:57 AM »
south park episode 11 of series 8 gives a good and funny insite into news reporting

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 02:20:05 PM »
i'm a bit disappointed after making the post about how britain is going to pay 10% of developing nations' foreign debt and it only recieved one reply, when this really is good news and i'd hope more rich countries follow our lead to help end some of the suffering in the third world. but as its not pro/anti american or about muslim extremists no really gives a shit. so i think the real reason behind it all is that most people watch / read the news because they want find something that upsets them so they can tell everyone else why everythings fucked.

i thought that article you posted was good so that's why i didn't say anything... threads like taht don't get alot of posts because it's not funny, it doesn't have anyone naked in it and it doesn't make you voice your opinion... a whole thread of people posting "that's good news" isn't interesting

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 02:54:37 PM »
yeah every once in a while i get mad as fuck at that shit just feel like wtf is the point.... everything sucks.

but its like... u have 3 choices

a. be ignorant and deny it
b. be a militant revolutionary and set fire on yourself in front of the white house
c. try to make the best out of the situation while being conscious of whats goin on.

i got with c. i know i can't change it but im not gonna act like its right. i dont really kno how to explain, itsl ike, i know im not really doin anythin to change it... i too want alot of money... altho it is the root of all evil... but theres nothin i can do about it and to be able to live an ok life, i need it... so i guess i adapt while bein conscious that i shouldn't lol.

damn i duno how to express what i mean i think that didn't make any kind of sense.

that's tha same way i feel about it...you gotta do what you've got to do to survive & deal with life tha best you can & with what you've got