Author Topic: Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now  (Read 795 times)

topshotta

Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now
« on: January 19, 2005, 12:00:50 AM »
Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now.. Interscope/Aftermath
must be using him as a selling trick to push more records. On some of his first productions
like "renagade" on jigga's blueprint vol1 and  more recent "patiently waiting" with 50, it came
out nice but then he's made like 20 songs that are quite tasteless, like all he did on 2pacs
"loyal to the game", some of the obie trice-joints, d12world, encore just to name a few!
Like Dre should stick to producing, Em should stick to rappin and stop releasing these lame beats..

GangstaBoogy

Re: Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 12:23:01 AM »
my boy was playin that "Loyal 2 the Game" album at his house on monday - man you used the right word: tasteless. I dont know who told him those beats were good but wow that album is complete garbage.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 04:47:04 AM »
Yup, I think most of us have said it before... Dude needs to be told the truth about his productions, and then he needs to QUIT it. I even wonder about his rapping skills these days... He might as well just retire from the game, before ruining any more records  ::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 07:31:49 AM »
Overrated? No I don't think so. Noone likes him.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 08:34:50 AM »
He should just steal old melodies and riffs from the 70s like every other hip hop producer does and all of a sudden people will think he's gotten better. Explain to me why Dre stealing a top notch bass line and a riff, and having his musicians re-record it, makes him more talented than Eminem working with his musicians to create a sub par bass line and riff. It's either Em's crappy talent or Dre's no talent. Either one is fine with me. When I want to listen to good instrumentals I'll pop in some Bach, or Jimmy Page if I'm in a raw mood.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 09:25:48 AM »
said it before, and ill say it again.

swizz beats>eminem

worst producer ever.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 09:59:08 AM »
Overrated? No I don't think so. Noone likes him.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 11:58:27 AM »
There all so damn bland now. Outside of a few shit he did on the side, the only production I was feelin by Em was on The Em Show. But that shit got old now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WeSTSidE_Don

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 03:46:08 PM »
only production i like from eminem is Nas - The cross

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 03:48:45 PM »
renegade and 8 miles and running were dope beats
warrior pt 2 was average
the rest have been pretty crap ass

DAYUM

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 03:52:05 PM »
hes ok coulda done better for his own album tho

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 03:53:24 PM »
He should just steal old melodies and riffs from the 70s like every other hip hop producer does and all of a sudden people will think he's gotten better. Explain to me why Dre stealing a top notch bass line and a riff, and having his musicians re-record it, makes him more talented than Eminem working with his musicians to create a sub par bass line and riff. It's either Em's crappy talent or Dre's no talent. Either one is fine with me. When I want to listen to good instrumentals I'll pop in some Bach, or Jimmy Page if I'm in a raw mood.

why re-invent the wheel?   :P

Matrix Heart

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 04:06:54 PM »
Nelly is underrated when it comes to Rap.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 04:27:11 PM by Kellogg's Cornflakes »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 04:22:06 PM »

I'm not quite following you here. I said Em should just resort to talentless methods of "creating" music instead of trying to compose himself.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 04:27:25 PM »

I'm not quite following you here. I said Em should just resort to talentless methods of "creating" music instead of trying to compose himself.

Say what you want, but it all boils down to whether the beat is dope or not. Dre is dependable and Em ain't. You can argue about talent, but as a comsumer, I could care less.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE