Author Topic: Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now  (Read 804 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Eminem is the most over-rated producer in hip-hop right now
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 05:32:19 PM »
He should just steal old melodies and riffs from the 70s like every other hip hop producer does and all of a sudden people will think he's gotten better. Explain to me why Dre stealing a top notch bass line and a riff, and having his musicians re-record it, makes him more talented than Eminem working with his musicians to create a sub par bass line and riff. It's either Em's crappy talent or Dre's no talent. Either one is fine with me. When I want to listen to good instrumentals I'll pop in some Bach, or Jimmy Page if I'm in a raw mood.

why re-invent the wheel?   :P

I'm not quite following you here. I said Em should just resort to talentless methods of "creating" music instead of trying to compose himself.

Say what you want, but it all boils down to whether the beat is dope or not. Dre is dependable and Em ain't. You can argue about talent, but as a comsumer, I could care less.

Who has a problem with it? Not me. I can claim it takes very little musical talent to steal and loop and still like it. I just said Em should just take like Dre does thus making his instrumentals better, because it's a real musician composing them. Em is not a real musician, he just pretends to be. Dre isn't either, but he knows that and decides to buy from real musicians. People just give him too much credit as far as a creator. He's got a good ear. Maybe if Em took like Dre did then Em's beats would greatly improve. I'm not putting down Dre. I just don't consider him a musical talent, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either. He's a great producer, but a shitty composer.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »
He should just steal old melodies and riffs from the 70s like every other hip hop producer does and all of a sudden people will think he's gotten better. Explain to me why Dre stealing a top notch bass line and a riff, and having his musicians re-record it, makes him more talented than Eminem working with his musicians to create a sub par bass line and riff. It's either Em's crappy talent or Dre's no talent. Either one is fine with me. When I want to listen to good instrumentals I'll pop in some Bach, or Jimmy Page if I'm in a raw mood.

why re-invent the wheel?   :P

I'm not quite following you here. I said Em should just resort to talentless methods of "creating" music instead of trying to compose himself.

Say what you want, but it all boils down to whether the beat is dope or not. Dre is dependable and Em ain't. You can argue about talent, but as a comsumer, I could care less.

Who has a problem with it? Not me. I can claim it takes very little musical talent to steal and loop and still like it. I just said Em should just take like Dre does thus making his instrumentals better, because it's a real musician composing them. Em is not a real musician, he just pretends to be. Dre isn't either, but he knows that and decides to buy from real musicians. People just give him too much credit as far as a creator. He's got a good ear. Maybe if Em took like Dre did then Em's beats would greatly improve. I'm not putting down Dre. I just don't consider him a musical talent, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either. He's a great producer, but a shitty composer.
My Bad, I feel what your sayin.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 01:43:59 AM by -Sikotic- »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 10:05:10 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^

No worries. I can see why you'd think I was insulting Dre.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 02:18:47 AM »
i find it funny....no wait commical how people here say eminem is a horrible producer yet LOOOOOVE daz and battlecat. i ain't saying eminem is dr. dre or nothing but he's not even a fifth as bad as y'all make him out to be....some of y'all need to take up an instrument or a music class

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2005, 10:28:25 AM »
i find it funny....no wait commical how people here say eminem is a horrible producer yet LOOOOOVE daz and battlecat. i ain't saying eminem is dr. dre or nothing but he's not even a fifth as bad as y'all make him out to be....some of y'all need to take up an instrument or a music class
dont compare eminem to daz ever again, you fucking clown.

dogg food and retaliation revenge and get back>eminems shitty repetitive same snare and bass beats

shit, rockwilder has the same repetitive style and even his production is better than eminem.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 09:49:04 PM »

dogg food and retaliation revenge and get back>eminems shitty repetitive same snare and bass beats

shit, rockwilder has the same repetitive style and even his production is better than eminem.

watch out this guy knows REAL music....rockwilder and daz dillinger,lol

dude c'mon i ain't saying em is the best but he's certainly ALOT better musically than some of y'all heros

lose yourself>daz/rockwilders' whole career

White-Chocolate

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Live My Life A Legend Immortalized By Lyric'Z
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 12:16:54 AM »
I'ma agree with this topic, Em's producing is weak. I really don't like what he did to Pac's album at all, i think he fucked up the cd worse then what Afeni let other ppl do. I think he is dope as a Rapper but complete crap as a Producer straight up!!
Look Into TheZe EyeZ, What Do U C? That'Z Right, Nothing, I'm A Mystery
White-Chocolate
Westsiiide Riidah
The GAME Ain't the SAME A Damn SHAME

Elevz

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 03:25:59 AM »
dude c'mon i ain't saying em is the best but he's certainly ALOT better musically than some of y'all heros

I thought we were talking about Eminem's whole producer C.V. here. You're right, Lose yourself is one good track by Eminem but you can't name 5 other good productions that good by him.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 03:51:00 AM »
Overrated? No I don't think so. Noone likes him.

i agree with that....
how can someone be overrated when no one likes him?

Elevz

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 03:54:53 AM »
Overrated? No I don't think so. Noone likes him.

i agree with that....
how can someone be overrated when no one likes him?

Sadly enough, he's well appreciated by the fans of pop music and once his name appears on an album, listed as one of the producers, suddenly everyone wants that album  :(

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2005, 04:33:04 AM »

5 good songs produced by em...ha easy

8 mile
patiently waiting
white america
cleaning out my closet
superman

I thought we were talking about Eminem's whole producer C.V. here. You're right, Lose yourself is one good track by Eminem but you can't name 5 other good productions that good by him.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005, 11:12:03 AM »

watch out this guy knows REAL music....rockwilder and daz dillinger,lol

the ramblings of a defeated homosexual. this thread is about production, you blind dickrider.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005, 01:45:03 PM »
u mean em got fans of his production outside his groupies??? he makes a nice beat now n agen but wack comes naturally to him

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2005, 03:55:19 AM »
Hes overrated as a rapper and producer because hes white.

chronicad

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005, 06:38:32 AM »
hater!!!
thats good you think he is overated but guess what his bank account aint overated that muh fuckah is rakin aftermath and shady got it locked