Author Topic: Don't Think Dre Will Be On "Paid The Cost.."  (Read 1182 times)

Tha_Reverend

Re: Don't Think Dre Will Be On "Paid The Cost.."
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2002, 03:22:52 PM »
True, Dre is the best of all time.  But right now, there are better producers out there than Dre. Soopa is hella tight. Battle Cat is sick.  Fred Wreck is dope as hell.  you know??  so just cause there ain't no Dre on the album, don't be so quick to hate.  Forgive me for saying so.

and Snoop will DEF be on Dre's Detox.  think about it.  Snoop has done so many albums.  But Dre only comes along every 5 years and drops a Bomb. So of course Snoop will be on it.  It's a Dre album. and it will be his last.

-Nate
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2002, 03:47:26 PM »
Damn!!! I was hopin' that now that Snoop has bounced off No Limit then he was gonna start havin' more Dre produced shit on his albums!!! He is free now and he still dont want no Dre!! Damn!! When "2001" dropped it was dope cuz I thought that Snoop and Dre was back and they was gonna keep makin' shit together till they both call it quits.....but now it looks like Snoop is tryin' to make way for his own producers and sayin' fuck Dre....dont know if this will be a good move for Snoop but we will have to see!! This could turn out good for Snoop tho cuz he could finally hush tha hataz that say Snoop cant make a classic album without Dre.......or it could hurt Snoop and make tha Snoop hataz bust in they pants cuz Snoop cant do shit without Dre and this album just proved it!!! Do yo thang Snoopy......this is yo chance to hush tha hataz wit a non-Dre album!!!

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2002, 03:51:13 PM »
i think snoop wanted this album to have no dre. he wants to prove to the people that he can make a succesful album without the highlighted dre tracks. im dre was ready to give snoop beats, but snoop just chose not to this time. hes got sumthin to prove.
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

Deuce_G

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2002, 04:10:46 PM »
Snoop's also got to promote Dogghouse.  I'm sure he wants to showcase the producers that he's planning on using all over Dogghouse records.  Dre should grab Snoop though.  It's his last album, and it wouldn't feel right without Snoop on it.  

DPGC2001

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2002, 04:44:55 PM »
Damn muthafuckas is acting like Dre is the hottest shit...Dre's producing is lax nowadays look at the shit he's been doing for Eminem...Buisiness was the only tight beat and even that sounds like some of his other shit...Dre was untouchable back in the Death Row days and for a minute in like 99-2000 but shit sounds stagnant now...Snoop's first single is produced by the Neptunes who are some of the top cats right now...He's got Primo, Hi-Tek, Jazze Pha, Fred Wreck these are some dope producers...

Jome

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2002, 05:16:30 PM »
LoL @ all the ppl blaming Dre for APPARENTLY not being on Snoops album.

Maybe Snoop isn't Mr.Nice-guy-cool-with-everybody at the end of the day.
Snoop has had more beef than a steakhouse lately, he been in beef with: Xzibit ::), Eastsidaz ::), Ja Rule, Irv Gotti, Suge of course, and now also the whole Row-roster, & maybe Dre ::).

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2002, 05:45:51 PM »
You guys are so funny.The reason Dre isnt gonna produce on snoops album is simply one word,EGO.Snoops ego is way to big,hes writing checks that his talent cant cash.Dre said on LA's power 106 that he was going to produce on paid the cost.He said this back in my,so this tells me that Snoop dont want him on the album.BIG MISTAKE!!Oh and could someone please tell me which source magazine bashed Dre for taking too long on OH My GOD??I would like to read that.Everyone knows that Dre and snoop have trmendous chemistry so Dre's absence is simply an ego issue.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2002, 05:52:22 PM »
even though i'm one of snoops biggest fans i gotta say this has got to be the stupidest move he could make. I mean okay i know he wants to prove he's tight without dre but c'mon snoop everyone knows that u and dre are the tightest combo n the industry and it wouldn't hurt to have just 1 dre cut on there. Also i see people sayin oh yeah snoop still has the best producers int he game? who gives a fuck? if snoop don't got no chemistry wit these producers then it don't mean shit. like i see premo, just blaze, neptunes, like c'mon seroiusly i don't know how snooops gonna sound over these beats but i still think snoops first single will be fucekn huge jsut because of the fact that the neptunes produced it will be big int he clubs but i dunno how the true fans are gonna take it. Oh well imma be there waitin at the store right when the album drops to pick it up and i hope it's a 4.5 at least or i'll be disappointed this time around.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2002, 07:00:00 PM »
people swear likethis is the end of the world, i'm sure dre will produce on a snoop album again...........anyway if snoop can make a really good album maybee his second best then it will prove alot.......then he can go back to the dre production

think about it someone said ego.........but if you snoop you have your own label artist ect dre don't produce none of them exept him, and snoop has some of the best producers at his fingertips then he has to wait and hope for daddy dre to come and produce some tracks for him
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2002, 07:09:53 PM »
people swear likethis is the end of the world, i'm sure dre will produce on a snoop album again...........anyway if snoop can make a really good album maybee his second best then it will prove alot.......then he can go back to the dre production

think about it someone said ego.........but if you snoop you have your own label artist ect dre don't produce none of them exept him, and snoop has some of the best producers at his fingertips then he has to wait and hope for daddy dre to come and produce some tracks for him

then you wait for daddy dre.....its just like shaq and kobe having beef with each other and shit they work good seperate but they are unstopable when they are together same situation...why wait and see how you do on your own when you two can make the best thats why i just want to see a snoop cd produced by just dre...i honestly would rather see snoop right now working with dre on ohh my god then rakim cause i already know that snoop and dre got great chemistry im sure i will love oh my god but you know what im saying its Dre and Snoop....gotta love that......i think after detox and paid the cost they should get together and talk about something like this....maybe that can be their exit! have them retire with the last cd just a Dre and Snoop collabo damn that would be the shit but lets just hope they dont retire soon cause we need them both in the game atleast i do

BawlinDownSouth

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2002, 07:36:30 PM »
he should just have soopafly, daz, and fredwreck produce the whole thing

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2002, 09:30:19 PM »
Also i see people sayin oh yeah snoop still has the best producers int he game? who gives a fuck? if snoop don't got no chemistry wit these producers then it don't mean shit.

Word.

Chemistry Is Key Between An Artist And A Producer. If They Dont Feel 100% Comfortable With Each Other HOW Can They Make The BEST Music?!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2002, 03:49:39 AM »
i hope it's a 4.5 at least or i'll be disappointed this time around.

hell yeah i agree wit that.  if snoop is supossed to one of the greatest than he has to make at least a 4.5 album.  snoop's last couple of albums have been 3's and 4's.  if this shit aint a 4.5 at the leat or a real strong 4.  im gonna be disappointed.  i dont just want 3 good songs and the rest are sometimes good sometimes o.k.  this shit better be strong.  especially as much as he's talking about it being so strong.  they were talking it about it on mtv.  and said that it would be better than doggystyle, even though I know thats not true i better be able to compare the two.

lbc213

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2002, 04:10:22 AM »
its official...paid the cost will suck...think about it..on every snoop cd there is like at least 3 really really dope songs...and usually theyre dre produced....this sucks....

How do u know already ???

::) i do not agree

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2002, 04:47:03 AM »
I dunno how to feel 'bout this. I'm sure Snoop can make a tight album with anybody, but still... no Dre?  Sounds a bit off...

And if Snoop eventually ain't on Detox, then I think we can safely say the world's comin' to its end. Come on, it's SNOOP & DRE. Just like Andre & Big Boi. Biggie & Puffy. You can't take them niggaz apart! (Unless the other dies...)