Author Topic: Looks Like Its Crunch Time For Mr Abbas  (Read 206 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Looks Like Its Crunch Time For Mr Abbas
« on: January 19, 2005, 12:10:13 PM »
Israel allows Palestinian talks
Israel has lifted a ban on contacts with new Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, imposed last week after a suicide attack in the Gaza Strip.
Israeli Army Radio said the decision was taken at a meeting of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's inner cabinet.

It paved the way for talks being held between senior Israeli and Palestinian security officials on the violence.

Mr Abbas was in Gaza on Wednesday trying to negotiate a truce with Palestinian militant groups.

The BBC's Barbara Plett in Jerusalem says Israel's decision to re-open links is apparently meant to give Mr Abbas more of a chance to coax the militants into a deal.

But violence continued on Wednesday.

The Israeli army said it shot dead two Palestinian militants as they crawled towards the Gaza-Israel border fence

Two Israeli soldiers were injured when militants fired a missile at their vehicle near the border

Two mortars were fired into a Jewish settlement, but there were no injuries

Overnight, Israeli troops arrested 13 Hamas militants during a raid in the West Bank city of Nablus, the army said.
'Nothing for free'

The Palestinian security chief said on Wednesday his forces would guard the Israel-Gaza border to stop militant violence directed towards Israel.

Militants have so far said they will only call off attacks if Israel does the same.

"We are going to listen to [Mr Abbas] regarding all the items, including the ceasefire," said Mohammed al-Hindi, a leader of Islamic Jihad, before the group met the Palestinian leader on Wednesday.

But he added: "Nothing can be given for free."

Israel's cabinet, meanwhile, is said to have approved, in principle, a sweeping army operation in Gaza if Mr Abbas fails to persuade militants to cease attacks.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/4189007.stm

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Looks Like Its Crunch Time For Mr Abbas
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 07:09:03 PM »
Its always crunch time for a Palestinian leader. Its always going to be emphasis on the Palestinian leader to make the initiative,

I mean, the fact that Israel violated the road map first is ignored. The fact that the PA has no security apparatus and couldnt reign in militants if its life depended on it doesnt matter. The fact that the issue of occupation and oppression which is what this conflict is about is rarely discussed doesnt matter. The fact that the 3rd biggest nuclear power is dominating a poverty stricken homeless people doesnt matter. Hamas does apparently but not Israel, an apartheid state.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Citizen-Y

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 10:00:19 PM »
I clicked this thread thinking it was about your routine of crunces for your abs.

Carry on.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 01:35:25 AM »
Its always crunch time for a Palestinian leader. Its always going to be emphasis on the Palestinian leader to make the initiative,

I mean, the fact that Israel violated the road map first is ignored. The fact that the PA has no security apparatus and couldnt reign in militants if its life depended on it doesnt matter. The fact that the issue of occupation and oppression which is what this conflict is about is rarely discussed doesnt matter. The fact that the 3rd biggest nuclear power is dominating a poverty stricken homeless people doesnt matter. Hamas does apparently but not Israel, an apartheid state.

^^Word.

It's funny how they keep placing the burden on the Palestinian leader, like it's up to them to make peace, to "reign in the terrorists".  This is all just polotics.  The truth is Abbas has zero power to affect the situation.  His people are carrying assault rifles and are being fenced in and eradicated by a country carrying a large supply of tanks and nukes. 

He has no power to affect the situation positively or negetively.  It's up to Isreal if they want to continue the genocide or stop the genocide.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 10:20:49 AM »
i totally agree, but if there is going to be peace mr abbas must negotiate with israel for that there is plenty of proof that fighting for itsn't getting them anywhere because if they do israel will always occupy and oppress, if abbas wants peace hes going to have to persuade all sides, and the burden is all on him right now.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 10:57:31 AM »
what does it mean to say "he wants peace"?

who wouldnt want peace unless they profitted from war?

of course the man wants peace, but Israel will never grant it. Israel couldve had peace 30 yrs ago
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 06:31:46 AM »
i totally agree, but if there is going to be peace mr abbas must negotiate with israel for that there is plenty of proof that fighting for itsn't getting them anywhere because if they do israel will always occupy and oppress, if abbas wants peace hes going to have to persuade all sides, and the burden is all on him right now.

Must negotiate with Isreal?  He's never not been willing to negotiate with Isreal. 

And it's "impossible" to persaude all sides.  There's no way to account for every possible act that might be perpetrated at any given time.  That's impossible in any region! 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 10:15:05 AM »

Must negotiate with Isreal?  He's never not been willing to negotiate with Isreal. 

And it's "impossible" to persaude all sides.  There's no way to account for every possible act that might be perpetrated at any given time.  That's impossible in any region! 
israel have the power, they've set the terms for negotiations thats how it is. what are you 2 bitching at me about i'm one biggest critics of israel on the forum but that doesn't change the fact that right now its down to abbas to get the ball rolling or there will be a major assult on gazaa by israel.

Thirteen

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 01:16:24 PM »

guess palestine shouldn't have declared genocide on israel then

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 09:38:43 PM »
Oh when did 3 million impoverished homeless people living in refugee camps declare genocide on a nuclear power?

Fuckin idiot, dont ever quote me again.

- Lewis Carroll

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 09:47:19 PM »
guess palestine shouldn't have declared genocide on israel then

Yeah, and Jews who retaliated against the Nazis were declaring genocide on Germans right? And Armenians who defended themselves against Turks were declaring genocide on Turkey? Your ignorance is only surpassed by your stupidity.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 09:51:06 PM »
Dismiss the retard Jamal. You could speak all day, they aint tryin to hear u. Theyll grasp at straws all day, hide behind technicalities, play the devils advocate all day just to not agree with u

- Lewis Carroll

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 10:53:54 PM »
Dismiss the retard , (comma) Jamal. You could speak all day, they aint tryin to hear u. Theyll grasp at straws all day, hide behind technicalities, play the devils advocate all day just to not agree with u

To clarify that he's the retard and not me LOL

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 05:55:38 AM »
Dismiss the retard , (comma) Jamal. You could speak all day, they aint tryin to hear u. Theyll grasp at straws all day, hide behind technicalities, play the devils advocate all day just to not agree with u

To clarify that he's the retard and not me LOL

LOL... I was looking at that too, I had to read it twice.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 05:57:47 AM »
israel have the power, they've set the terms for negotiations thats how it is. what are you 2 bitching at me about i'm one biggest critics of israel on the forum but that doesn't change the fact that right now its down to abbas to get the ball rolling or there will be a major assult on gazaa by israel.

I wasn't bitchin at you, I like your posts.... but I am disagreeing, because as we speak Isreal is in the process of bulldozing another 300 Palestinian homes.