Author Topic: The False Assumption That The War Is Draining The US Economy  (Read 120 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The False Assumption That The War Is Draining The US Economy
« on: January 20, 2005, 02:28:51 AM »
I'm as against the Iraq war as anyone at this forum, but let's not be so naive as to believe that this war is somehow 'draining' the US economy. The opposite is true. The economy becomes more efficient during wartime. America is making billions off of Iraq's resources. It is the nature of capatalism, like Malcolm X said, "capatalism is parasitic, show me a capatalist, and I'll show you a bloodsucker". America is sucking the resources of Iraq dry.

Capatalism thrives off of destroying and rebiulding, the military industrial complex is booming! There was an article in my local paper about all the military businesses in the midwest that supply arms and resources to the US military. They are all really excited about the war, cause for them, business has never been better! They are cleaning up! Business is booming! War contracts and people who invest in war are making billions and that money is right back into the economy and the economy is growing.

It's sad but true.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The False Assumption That The War Is Draining The US Economy
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 05:58:52 AM »
I'm as against the Iraq war as anyone at this forum, but let's not be so naive as to believe that this war is somehow 'draining' the US economy. The opposite is true. The economy becomes more efficient during wartime. America is making billions off of Iraq's resources. It is the nature of capatalism, like Malcolm X said, "capatalism is parasitic, show me a capatalist, and I'll show you a bloodsucker". America is sucking the resources of Iraq dry.

Capatalism thrives off of destroying and rebiulding, the military industrial complex is booming! There was an article in my local paper about all the military businesses in the midwest that supply arms and resources to the US military. They are all really excited about the war, cause for them, business has never been better! They are cleaning up! Business is booming! War contracts and people who invest in war are making billions and that money is right back into the economy and the economy is growing.

It's sad but true.

Americans make huge amounts of money, that's true. But only a few. Most are screwed. You are screwed. You won't make any money due to the War.  Cheney will. Other dudes will. Your lives won't become better.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 07:55:11 AM »
look at the U.S. dollars decline... this argument is nonsensical... all you have to do is look and see the dollar declined in value from 90 cents against the euro to 1.34 against it because of the massive deficit spending... and iraq isn't even over yet, plus since we accmplished nothing there, if we want to really fight terrorism we are goint o have to spend plenty more.

like 7even said, a few companies were enriched, the rest of us are getting fucked.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 10:28:15 AM »
war in general is good for the economy when your fighting abroad, although its you the tax payer that is subsiding all of this so its not necessairly as good as it seems.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 04:12:08 PM »

It's sad but true.

Americans make huge amounts of money, that's true. But only a few. Most are screwed. You are screwed. You won't make any money due to the War.  Cheney will. Other dudes will. Your lives won't become better.

No man.. it's the rank and file too that are making money off the war.  Not alot, but they are still getting more than they would have without the war.  I was working at this nursing home, and this guy there was doing maitenance work for like 7 dollars an hour, and he said he was quitting cause he found a better job at this government owned factory that supplies bullets to the military. 

So he's making 3 dollars an hour more to go help make bullets, for him that's a pretty good deal, he was excited.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 04:57:53 PM »
^From nursing home to bullet-making factory. Nuts.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 05:25:58 PM »
look...  get an education in economics, and then tell me i'm wrong.  there are long term consquences to deficit spending.  the dollar has not stopped declining... there was an analysis that said oil was $10 per barrel higher because of the iraq war... obviously there were economic consequences for our country, you can't honestly tell me debt isa good thing to have. 

now obviously, when halliburton gets enriched so do its employees, but economics is concerned with net effects, and i'm concerned with long run net consequences... boosting spending gives you a short term high, obviously if your spending 500 billion each year you shouldn,t that money is being used to create at least a few jobs, but then you get off the high, and you realize ur dollar is worth less, your tax dollars are achieving less, and you have a shit load of debt u have to bail yourself out of....

additionally, every dollar of debt you add, thats one more dollar you have to make interest payments on... in other words, as the government adds debt, it has to use a higher percentage of your tax dollars to finance its debt.  so when you add one trillion in debt, a large chunk of your tax dollars gets shipped out overseas, and the remainder can be used to fund government programs.... as you increase debt, more goes overseas, and less is left to pay for government programs.

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 05:35:13 PM »
strangly, i find myself agreeing with ant

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 06:17:07 AM »
^From nursing home to bullet-making factory. Nuts.

LOL...

And to clarify, now that I think about it, I don't think the place this guy went to work at was owned by the government, I think most these businesses are weapons manufacturer's and they just recieve government contracts in times of war.