Author Topic: Who's getting strong with me?  (Read 300 times)

Big BpG

Who's getting strong with me?
« on: January 21, 2005, 12:05:42 AM »
some of you read my weight loss story, but now I'm trying to gain it back... only this time, I want muscle not fat. This is new territory for me and I've been reading up on all the information I can. Here's an inspirational story

http://www.musclegaintips.com/

any tips from any macho men on the forum?

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
Re: Who's getting strong with me?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 12:45:06 AM »
the site sounds promising y dont u buy it

Hayk

• Lil Geezy
  • I can kick your daddy's ass.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 12:46:51 AM »
Im buff, so be like me... get around 1-1.5 times your weight of protien on workout days (2-3 shakes and food usually does it for my 450 protein intake ;) )

You really should work out every part of your body, from lower legs to neck. Try this out, only 3 days a week. start with a slow walk on intense incline for a good 30 minutes to get a fat burn, not a cardio workout... what I mean is keep your heart rate no higher than 135. then work on various biceps, and chest machines for day 1, rest next day, day3, incline walk then do upper/lower back and triceps, rest,day 5: incline walk all legs (if done right you CAN NOT walk up stairs next day) including, quads hamstrings inner/outer thighs and calvs. And also do abdominal workouts EVERYDAY. Make sure you push yourself to the limit.

I know you have commitment so try this routine for a bit. I cannot stress enough how important high protien and low carb foods are essential for building muscle mass. Do alot of weight too, enough to do about 5 reps and not be able to do any more.

You will see results within the first month (cuts and whatnot)

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 01:26:53 AM »
Im buff, so be like me... get around 1-1.5 times your weight of protien on workout days (2-3 shakes and food usually does it for my 450 protein intake ;) )

You really should work out every part of your body, from lower legs to neck. Try this out, only 3 days a week. start with a slow walk on intense incline for a good 30 minutes to get a fat burn, not a cardio workout... what I mean is keep your heart rate no higher than 135. then work on various biceps, and chest machines for day 1, rest next day, day3, incline walk then do upper/lower back and triceps, rest,day 5: incline walk all legs (if done right you CAN NOT walk up stairs next day) including, quads hamstrings inner/outer thighs and calvs. And also do abdominal workouts EVERYDAY. Make sure you push yourself to the limit.

I know you have commitment so try this routine for a bit. I cannot stress enough how important high protien and low carb foods are essential for building muscle mass. Do alot of weight too, enough to do about 5 reps and not be able to do any more.

You will see results within the first month (cuts and whatnot)
do wat he says i work out wit him and trust me he knows wat hes talkin about

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 03:53:08 AM »
i dont like going to the gym, the weights are too heavy

Matrix Heart

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 07:01:22 AM »

Big BpG

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 09:12:05 AM »
Ok, well, I weight 193 lbs. I did some late night food calculating last night and with five meals (including shakes) I counted 214 gms of protien.

Here's a question. Everything I read and hear tells me to find a weight to lift that I can't do more than 5 reps with. How many sets should I do of that weight? 3? Should I only do that set or do another set at a lower weight? Should I just change to a different exercise.

-BpG
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 09:18:07 AM by Big BpG »

From '93 to '05

Hayk

• Lil Geezy
  • I can kick your daddy's ass.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 10:18:32 AM »
by the way, DO NOT take heavy protien if you don't hit the gym that day. The protien will be stored as fat if not used. Anyway since you are doing power training I would recoment 5 sets and remove small weight from it each set. Also try doing Negatives on your last set. Negatives are when you so the last rep as slow as possible on the way back (works only on machines with pullies). for example you are doing triceps, and u did ur last rep, you still have to put the weight back as it pulls you. do this as slow as possible.

You just HAVE to be soar the first 2 weeks or so when you do it right, make sure to give your target muscle group a good stretch after sets and more importantly after your done with your work out.

Big BpG

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 11:24:57 AM »
on the days I don't work out, should I just eat normal? do i still need some protein during resting periods?

From '93 to '05

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 09:15:25 AM »
Here's a question. Everything I read and hear tells me to find a weight to lift that I can't do more than 5 reps with. How many sets should I do of that weight? 3? Should I only do that set or do another set at a lower weight? Should I just change to a different exercise.
-BpG
i'm assuming you're talking about bench press? you should do 3 sets of about 8-12 reps, with weights you are comfortable with. by that i mean not too light/heavy.

bez

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 12:00:53 PM »
I did loads of running before Christmas but I fucked my ankle ligaments up so I aint been able to do anything since.

Over the past week or so I have started to do alot more exercise on it though.  Just been out for a lil run then and everyday I am doing sit ups, press ups and weights.  I usually do 30-40 press ups, 100 sit ups and then spend half an hour to an hour on weights.  I got dumbells and the long one that you bench with.

I am slowly but surly getting a bit fitter already.  I look in the mirror and I can see my muscles looking more tense and rounder so its obviously doing the business.  I have always been a heavy lad myself.  I dont have any fat on my body apart from my belly but its not extreme, but there is like a lil roll that I could do with getting rid of.  I weigh about 11 stone which I am comfy with but I think I ave the type of body that can be toned up and can look good if you understand what I'm saying.  I aint fat but I aint thin so all I wanna do is tone up really.

So yer man, I'm getting strong with you!!!!

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
once i find the motivation to start working out again i'll get strong with you...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 01:49:13 PM »
im fat

taco bell is good

i'm quitting taco bell

soon be less fat

DAYUM

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2005, 03:11:56 PM »
fat turns into muscle if u work it right...

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2005, 06:09:53 PM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE