Author Topic: Imagine the West without Snoop...  (Read 650 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Imagine the West without Snoop...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2002, 10:40:02 PM »
Without Snoop, Dre would have found someone else to do the Chronic. But it wouldn't be the same. The west would still be on the map. But right now not as strong.

Word, it would of just took another route.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2002, 03:01:39 AM »
Snoop is a LEGEND fo sho no fuckin doubt.  He's done so much for the game and the left coast, not to mention all the homies he brought unselfishly into the game.

Yup. I just think, if there was no Snoop there would be no "Doggystyle", one of the greatest albums EVER. Not forgetting all the other classic tracks Snoop has added his vocals too over the years. I got nothing but love for Snoop, he may of fallen off since '96, but it's like tom said, "snoop raised to bar to high for himself", that bar is also too high for ALOT of other artists too.  

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2002, 01:28:30 PM »
He is a pioneer of west coast rap, fucc tha haters
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2002, 01:38:30 PM »
Fuck that.... Imagine the West without Dr. Dre..... now that's some real shit there.... Take away Ice Cube, Eazy E, The DOC, NWA, Mack 10, Warren G, G Funk Records, WC, Snoop, Kurupt, Nate Dogg, Doggystyle Records, Aftermath Records, Death Row Records, Xzibit, Daz, Dogg Pound..... all those artists listed he has effected tremendously in one way or another.  Take Dre away and the West Coast ain't shit.  Naw fuck that, take Dre away and hip-hop is half of what it is today.

Word to the fullest i think Dre has played the biggest part in Westcoast Rap/Hip Hop i think he is more important than snoop and has and always will be,,,,,but not to take any respect away from snoop i love snoop he is right down next to Dre cause no doubt that Snoop is huge

the_truth

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2002, 02:05:13 PM »
This topic goes to show what I'm saying that most knowledge of west coast rap don't go past Snoop/DPG. If it wasn't for NWA, Cube, Atl, Eazy- E. Doc. Ice T, King T, Toddy Tee,Quik, Eiht etc. The west wouldn't have never been shit All them dudes open up the doors for Snoop and all these other rappers out west today. So to say the west wouldn't be nothing without Snoop is pure comedy. I give Snoop props he made one classic with the rest being medicore, But I'm sure Dre would have found someone else just like he did with Doc, Eminem and other dudes he took under his wing.

Real_G

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2002, 05:26:57 PM »
I could survive. I barely EVER listen to snoop or dpg. Maybe a few times a year. I would never say I wish someone wasnt born or anything so Im happy hes alive. But If he was never born someone like DOC would of been a huge name insted. Hell so much could be different. Maybe DOC would of never lost his voice. Who knows.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2002, 03:40:36 AM »
This topic goes to show what I'm saying that most knowledge of west coast rap don't go past Snoop/DPG. If it wasn't for NWA, Cube, Atl, Eazy- E. Doc. Ice T, King T, Toddy Tee,Quik, Eiht etc. The west wouldn't have never been shit All them dudes open up the doors for Snoop and all these other rappers out west today. So to say the west wouldn't be nothing without Snoop is pure comedy. I give Snoop props he made one classic with the rest being medicore, But I'm sure Dre would have found someone else just like he did with Doc, Eminem and other dudes he took under his wing.

Umm, I never see you making or replying to threads that don't include news or info on Snoop/DPG so who are you to judge? I think you'll find we cover ALL aspects of westcoast hip-hop, it's just Snoop & DPG are always doing something so it's only natural there's always threads about their antics here. Make threads about others if your so knowledgable....

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2002, 04:38:48 AM »
the west would be dead hundreads of ages ago...
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2002, 04:55:25 AM »
dre didnt start gfunk...

already while dre had his nwa beats era, waren g messed with g funk.. just check that snippet of snoops first track ever i upped 1 week ago... warren produced it and it was pretty much gfunk

Alot of people claim very different things bout who started G Funk but I like Dre's G Funk productions more than Warren G's smooth shit (which is also dope).
just my taste