Author Topic: Iraqi elections........will they be a success?  (Read 1334 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Iraqi elections........will they be a success?
« on: January 21, 2005, 01:19:35 PM »
What is your guys opinions about the upcoming elections in Iraq that will take place in 9 days? Do you think there is any chance for the country to have successful elections the way that they did in Afghanistan, or do you think that only chaos will result?

If Iraq does have successul elections, does that mean the war was the right thing to do?

Thirteen

Re: Iraqi elections........will they be a success?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 01:39:10 PM »
i haven't been following the elections...is it kinda fair or is it just for show setting up a puppet government?

if it's an actual thing that brings out alot of voters and there's a clear choosen leader then i would think it's a small success.... the elected official living to serve a full term would be more impressive

but if there's one major person running (which will be the american puppet) against Abdulla Jafafa the farm owner...then it's garbage

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 03:36:27 PM »
of course it will be a sucess....somewhat. Im sure there will be car bombs and stuff like that at certain voter places.  Im sure there will be alot of iraqis who will be afraid to vote because of the fear of being killed.

And im positive that whoever is elected will be assasinated pretty soon from his win. Plus nothing will change concerning all the violence that goes on in iraq.

So if you think thats a sucess then, sure it will work out.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 04:02:32 PM »
The elections will most likely be successful. How do you relate that to whether the war was right or wrong though?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matrix Heart

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 04:10:37 PM »
Everything America has done in Iraq has failed what makes you think this election will be a success.

No one/army will respect the American puppet they install.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 04:17:50 PM by Citizen Kain »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 04:16:33 PM »
I feel the same way about these elections as I did in the U.S., basically it's not going to be in the best interest of Iraq, but no one will care because the fact they happened will impress people enough.

We are forcing democracy on people, democracy can't be forced, or democracy is not a democracy but a puppet government from an outside force. All of the best democracys in the world come from over throwing an oppressor. Look at the U.S., France, every country. Germany had to go through great trails before their country became united under democracy. It's not suppose to be, we take you over to free you. In Japan, we won the war and they accepted the fact we took over, but in order to sucessfully place democracy there, we kept everything that was in Japanese culture, including the empiror who was our worst enemy, we kept everything in place so that Japan could slide into democracy with their own identity, and Japan was able to adjust because their own leader followed through. Iraq, Saddam was our leader, he was never theirs, many people don't trust us, and it will be hard to have people adjust to democracy because their is nothing Iraqi about the election. There will be elections, but these elections will not be the will of the people, they will be our will, and I am very curious to see how long it will take before another government change.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 04:27:50 PM »
BAGHDAD, Iraq - A car bomb exploded outside a Shiite mosque packed with worshippers celebrating a major Muslim holiday Friday, and a suicide driver blew up an ambulance at the wedding of a Shiite couple south of the capital. At least 21 people died and dozens were wounded — including the bride and groom.

The attacks came a day after Iraq (news - web sites)'s most feared terror leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, denounced Shiites in a recording that appeared aimed at sowing division ahead of the Jan. 30 elections. Shiites, long the oppressed majority in Iraq, are expected to take power in the balloting, which Sunni Muslim extremists have vowed to disrupt.

Also Friday, a U.S. soldier died in an operation north of Baghdad, and an Italian soldier was killed by a burst of gunfire while patrolling in a helicopter near the southern city of Nasiriyah. Insurgents attacked several designated polling places outside Baghdad.

SUCCESS!

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 07:37:05 PM »
yes they will but the new pres will be shot in a month. most likely

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 08:26:41 AM »
far from success. this whole mission in iraq is a joke, as is our president.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 06:01:32 AM »
What elections?  There is no such thing as "democracy", "freedom" and "elections" inside an occupied[/i] country. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 07:25:15 AM »
What elections?  There is no such thing as "democracy", "freedom" and "elections" inside an occupied[/i] country. 

it's called defense moron.... if it was occupied they would be pretty much our slave labor while we reap the benefits

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 08:58:25 AM »
it's called defense moron.... if it was occupied they would be pretty much our slave labor while we reap the benefits

Defense from what, you retard? They didn't attack us. They didn't have the supposed WMDs to attack us, so what were we defending ourselves from?

Thirteen

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 09:06:53 AM »

Defense from what, you retard? They didn't attack us. They didn't have the supposed WMDs to attack us, so what were we defending ourselves from?

where did i say it was defense for us? i swear there's some ignorant ass people on this message board that just throw words into a post so they have something to argue about

Iraq's military and police force were loyal to saddam, now that saddam is gone they need a new military and police force... imagine if the US military and police all dissappeared...don't you think you're need some sort of defense against other countries and fellow countrymen?

now you should apologize for being an idiot and jumping to conclusions

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 10:23:50 AM »

where did i say it was defense for us? i swear there's some ignorant ass people on this message board that just throw words into a post so they have something to argue about

Iraq's military and police force were loyal to saddam, now that saddam is gone they need a new military and police force... imagine if the US military and police all dissappeared...don't you think you're need some sort of defense against other countries and fellow countrymen?

No, you're the idiot here... nothing gave the U.S. the right to invade Iraq in the first place...

Thirteen

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2005, 10:26:09 AM »

No, you're the idiot here... nothing gave the U.S. the right to invade Iraq in the first place...

oh since you made a mistake you're going to change the debate? nice try....but try to stick to one topic at a time