Author Topic: Iraqi elections........will they be a success?  (Read 1296 times)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Iraqi elections........will they be a success?
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2005, 09:49:25 PM »
we attacked Saddam and the people loyal to him, still not saying it's right or wrong but that's who the enemy was defined as

Saddam was the leader of Iraq. He was Iraqi. The people loyal to him were Iraqi. We attacked Iraq/Iraqis. We were defending Iraqis from Iraqis?  :D So, now you see what I was getting at.

well we seperated the iraqis into two groups...and you can't say iraqis don't need defense against other iraqis during these times...almost every other day they are sitting there blowing each other up... so there are common iraqis and pissed off iraqis

WE seperated Iraqis into two groups. Good job, you're catching on. The pissed off group is pissed because of US. If I lived there, and another country invaded and occupied, I'd be pissed as well.

Thirteen

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2005, 07:07:37 AM »
answer me one questions...it's a simple yes or no questions jamal...

seeing as Iraq doesn't have any military and very little law enforcement....do the iraqi people need protection from foreign and domestic aggressors? remember to take into account looting, bombings of work lines, threats to voters, and the iran border

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2005, 12:23:49 PM »

seeing as Iraq doesn't have any military and very little law enforcement....do the iraqi people need protection from foreign and domestic aggressors? remember to take into account looting, bombings of work lines, threats to voters, and the iran border

Did they need it before we fucked everything up? NO.
Do they need it now that we killed everyone and fucked everything up? YES.

That's not DEFENSE. "You break, you buy".

Thirteen

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2005, 02:02:41 PM »

Did they need it before we fucked everything up? NO.
Do they need it now that we killed everyone and fucked everything up? YES.

That's not DEFENSE. "You break, you buy".

the first no doesn't mean anything, i'm not speaking on the past

also we don't have to fix any country we war with.. so i don't see why you're sticking to a glassware store slogan

so now that you say yes... you just agreed to the attacking defender that you made fun of. see how easy that was?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2005, 03:42:39 PM »
I haven't said anything that I didn't already say before. If you read all my other posts, you will see that I've been saying the exact same thing, and NO I don't agree with your "attacking defender" theory.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2005, 03:47:05 PM »
Read some of the posts on Page3... they still show that your statement is false, and nothing has changed. You claimed that we attack countries and then defend them from others. That's not true. Your example of Guam illustrates this because the Japanese already attacked Guam, we went in to attack the Japanese, and defend the people of Guam. Iraq is a totally different situation because we attacked Iraq. Your theory would claim that "we attacked Iraq to defend it from Iraq", and if that's what you're sticking to, then I don't need to say anything else because that's self-explanatory. If you want to change your statement, be my guest.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2005, 07:03:41 PM »

also we don't have to fix any country we war with..

are we at war with iraq or are we liberating iraq?  according to Bush it is the latter.

Thirteen

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2005, 08:28:03 PM »
Read some of the posts on Page3... they still show that your statement is false, and nothing has changed. You claimed that we attack countries and then defend them from others. That's not true. Your example of Guam illustrates this because the Japanese already attacked Guam, we went in to attack the Japanese, and defend the people of Guam. Iraq is a totally different situation because we attacked Iraq. Your theory would claim that "we attacked Iraq to defend it from Iraq", and if that's what you're sticking to, then I don't need to say anything else because that's self-explanatory. If you want to change your statement, be my guest.

seeing as 52 members of iraqs government is/can be charged with war crimes against the citizens that live in it's borders, including the leader of the country...also with the current events in iraq with iraqi insurgents attacking iraqi polce, security and civilians i can easily say that the iraqi people need protection from iraqi people both before and after the US invasion

you even agreed that iraq needs protection and guess who is providing the protection? the US. meaning that yes we did attack the country and now we are defending the country...so even though you refuse to accept any other form of attack/defense that has happened at anytime in the past (my three examples weren't the all inclusive list that you try and make it out to be) you acknowledged that it is happening now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 08:45:57 PM by Needles Kane »

Thirteen

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2005, 08:29:27 PM »

are we at war with iraq or are we liberating iraq?  according to Bush it is the latter.

how do you liberate a country with a hostile dictator peacefully? has there ever been any type of liberation of this sccale without blood shed?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2005, 09:39:34 PM »

how do you liberate a country with a hostile dictator peacefully? has there ever been any type of liberation of this sccale without blood shed?

This is your problem, you act like everything has a simple solution and is the result of a simple cause. Iraq has a dictator, we remove him, kill some people, and then defend the people. To completely understand a problem and the present situation, you have to look back at the causes and roots of that problem. Let me ask you something, why didn't the U.S. take these measures right after Saddam came to power? That's considering the U.S. actually went into Iraq to "liberate" them. Why didn't we "liberate" them then? To go back even more, why did we help Saddam come to power? Why did we support him? We didn't care about the Iraqi population then, we don't care now. The U.S. government is doing it because it's a duty, not out of some pity charity bullshit. If you don't know the history, you really have no room to make dumb remarks like you do. Bottom line is that the U.S. is occupying Iraq, not defending it from anyone. If you want to claim that the U.S. initially went there to defend the Iraqi civilians from Saddam, then you can ask yourself whose fault that was in the first place, and why we didn't do anything before. The answer is simply, we don't give a shit about the Iraqi people. We're doing what we're doing now only because it's in "our" interest, and by our I mean our government and the big businesses racking in the $$$.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2005, 09:42:26 PM »
And don't try to take things back to square 1 with your irrational statement of "are we defending Iraqis, yes or no?". It's not a yes or no question, and my answer is in all my posts.

Thirteen

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2005, 06:28:50 AM »
it is a yes or no questions because no matter what the reason we're defending them for, we're still defending them...

if i donate 1,000,000 to charity does it matter if i did it of free will? or maybe it was a stipulation in a Will that i had to to get the rest of an inheritence, or maybe i saw it as spare change and still decided to donate that money because i could just write it off on taxes, or i got the money from a big drug sale...

does that make that $1,000,000 worth any less?

you're putting your moral beliefs into something that's happening and since you see the past as wrong, you are claiming that it's less than what it is

i already know the general history of iraq, that we've done more wrong than right there