Author Topic: Fox News embarasses itself again.  (Read 327 times)

Thirteen

Re: Fox News embarasses itself again.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 01:30:30 PM »
why don't one of your "nobel laureates" run for president then since they're the highest form of human in society?

probably the same fact that keeps 450 pound men swigging beers, eating cheetos and cursing the gods everytime their quarterback throws an interception... they can't handle the job on any level

i have more respect for anyman that does a job rather than a person that just sits there and talks shit all day.... if these people are so great, why is the country so shitty? easy, because their solutions are probably just as erroneous as any topic they complain about...

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 03:08:57 PM »
why don't one of your "nobel laureates" run for president then since they're the highest form of human in society?

probably the same fact that keeps 450 pound men swigging beers, eating cheetos and cursing the gods everytime their quarterback throws an interception... they can't handle the job on any level

i have more respect for anyman that does a job rather than a person that just sits there and talks shit all day.... if these people are so great, why is the country so shitty? easy, because their solutions are probably just as erroneous as any topic they complain about...

do you know how you acquire a nobel prize?

Thirteen

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 03:19:45 PM »

depends on which kind... some people for studies, some people for great contributions to charities...

so the nobel prize means we should follow them no matter what?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2005, 04:42:09 AM »
did you know that 69% of nobel prize winners and 42% of nobel nominees support the San Francisco 49ers.........FUCK THE 49ers

cowboys/raiders beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooootch

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2005, 06:30:21 AM »

depends on which kind... some people for studies, some people for great contributions to charities...

so the nobel prize means we should follow them no matter what?

The Nobel Prizes (pronounced no-BELL or no-bell) are awarded annually to people who have done outstanding research, invented groundbreaking techniques or equipment, or made outstanding contributions to society. It is generally regarded as the supreme commendation in the world today. The prizes were instituted by the final will of Alfred Nobel, a Swedish industrialist, and the inventor of dynamite. He signed his will at the Swedish-Norwegian Club in Paris on November 27, 1895. He was shocked to see how his invention was used for destructive purposes and wanted the prizes to be awarded to those who served mankind well.

____

I never suggested we should follow anyone blindly, but the fact is, those who epitomize intellectual achievment stand on one side of the argument, and bush supporters stand on the other. There are no coherent logical arguments supporting bush, but these people have given lengthy explanations of why his policies are bad for america.  now your point that these people should run for president is way off base. Scholars who won nobel prizes, or scholars in general, chose their profession, that being, they choose to be researchers, and given that choice they have a their place in society. Their role is to contribute to the debates we should be having, but no longer do, because 30 second trash commercials dominate political debate in our generation.  There was once a point in american society where your average american read political philosophy, and kept up to date with the news, that day has since passed. Go back to the birth of our democracy and read the federalist papers and compare the nature of political discourse then and now. The federalist papers are well reasoned philosophical arguments upon which we formed the foundation of our democratic system. The U.S. became the worlds most prosperous country because it used to listen to its scholars and engage in informed debates. But what goes on here, is similiar to what goes on all across america... people lie, slander, and twist arguments, ignoring at their own discretion relevant facts and analysis, and throwing logical discourse completely out the window and replacing it with political rhetoric.

Thirteen

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2005, 07:41:04 AM »
i know what you're saying Ant....i've read your side of the story 1,000 times but my point is why complain about something if you can't/aren't going to do something about it? it would be great to have an intelligent person in any part of the white house. since that isn't the case i don't see how people can just sit there and complain all day and not offer any solutions, or they sit there and complain and they're not in a position to do anything about it.... it all seems so futile....you're only given a finite amount of time on this planet.... why spend it worrying about Big Bad Bush? Honestly i don't know anyone on this board that has been affected negitively by any of bush's policies

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2005, 12:22:29 PM »
i know what you're saying Ant....i've read your side of the story 1,000 times but my point is why complain about something if you can't/aren't going to do something about it? it would be great to have an intelligent person in any part of the white house. since that isn't the case i don't see how people can just sit there and complain all day and not offer any solutions, or they sit there and complain and they're not in a position to do anything about it.... it all seems so futile....you're only given a finite amount of time on this planet.... why spend it worrying about Big Bad Bush? Honestly i don't know anyone on this board that has been affected negitively by any of bush's policies

these people complain because when alternatives are offered they are just ignored.  And while i can understand people not taking an interest in politics because it doesn't really affect them (at least not directly), i can't understand why you bother arguing with me if your position is essentially "i don't care."  if you don't care that's fine by me, but if your position is "political discourse if futile so its not worth trying to figure out which side is right" then you shouldn't be spending so much time trying to prove me wrong.  personally i don't believe political discourse is futile, and it doesn't bother me to talk about these things or to argue them in a reasonable manner.  some people watch tv to relax, i read the news, a book, or just surf the net.

most of the thigns we talk about in this forum we have no direct control over, so if you extend your argument across the board, this entire forum, and most conversations in general should just cease to occur because one conversation isn't going to change anything.  why bother complaining about the last eminem album? its not like your criticism matters.  why bother commenting on the jets game?  that doesn't matter either.  its like when i first started posting about bush and people told me basically "stop posting your not going to affect the election."  as if i didn't already realize i wasn't going to affect the election.  but on occasion a learn a thing or two when i post here, and its a form of relaxation.  so if you want to discuss things with me, then go ahead, but if all everything your saying boils down to "your opinion doesn't affect stuff so why even bother" then dont bother commenting on my threads.