Author Topic: Since Snoop iz so wack why he's on everyone album  (Read 641 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Since Snoop iz so wack why he's on everyone al
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2002, 02:06:21 PM »

shut up you big goof

lol

Damn you. I wanted to sound like some important perosn and you ruin it for me lol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

eNgIeS

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2002, 02:23:42 PM »
CHill out dude

Heres my opinion

Snoop as a person i like
Snoop as an artist has sucked since 2Pac died. His old vicious hard flow & fast speed raps have gone, now he just whispering while doing stupid female character noises like "ohh thats funky" "this is snoopy collins" "i cant swim ohh nooo"

People wanna work with Snoop because he = sales, promotion, $$$ & career boost just from his name alone

You wanna know why Snoop sells, well originally in 1992-1996 he put his effort in, he worked hard. But he got the money now, & he relizes "hey i dont have work hard on my rhymes & lyrics to be called a good rapper, all i have to do is pay some good producers for popular beats" & thats why he sells. Besides, Ja Rule sells more than him, same with Nelly, does that mean they are good or better than Snoop?

Many holes in your theory, you also seem like an immature stressed out kid. Goodbye.

Thats my opinion, yo

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2002, 09:55:00 PM »
hahaha, U faggot.......Snoop on EVERYONES album? Whos everyone? some faggot south kali artists? fool chill......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2002, 10:11:06 PM »
Snoop hasn't been on "everyones album" since that limbo period where he was leaving DR and signing with No Limit.  back then he was on Kid Capri, Jermaine Dupri, etc.... the last cameo for a non-west artist i remember was that joint with LL Cool J... and that didn't turn out well... Snoop generally doesn't bring a lot to his guest spots... but then it was mostly nostalgia and some good song writing (not necessarily good lyrics, but catchy, enjoyable stuff) that have held his work together since Doggfather.  Other than the occasional return to glory (see tracks like "Never Leave Me Alone", "Still A G Thang", "Dogg's Gonna Getcha", that Capri song with Slick Rick... "The Wash", and about 5 Last Meal songs) where he shows off some of the combination of aggressive flow and sing-song catchiness that made his older work so great... we get left with dud after dud... a lot of the time he seems to basically make the same song over and over again lately... but with his cleaned up act, i hope that will change.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2002, 11:55:01 PM »
Snoop still hardcore?????
You call that song he did with Mariah Carey hardcore????
Naw that was just as wack as ja rule's stuff.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2002, 03:16:12 AM »

Yo, chill don't get me wrong actually I'm the last person on here to start stupid ass sales discussions and IMO JA RULE SUX. I prolly didn't make clear whut my actual point is: Snoop bein on everybody's album does not mean Snoop is dope as well as Ja Rule sellin so well does not at all mean he's good. My bad I accidentally seemed to try to start another sales discussion...sorry. Fuck Ja Rule. Fuck u wannabe hiphop fans judgin by what's on top of the billboard. Fuck a sales discussion...:-X

Lol, sorry for going off on one, it's just the way you put it in your reply made it seem like you thought Ja was good because he sold so much. I thought it sounded weird coming from you in thats any consolation?  ;D

Heres my opinion

Snoop as a person i like
Snoop as an artist has sucked since 2Pac died. His old vicious hard flow & fast speed raps have gone, now he just whispering while doing stupid female character noises like "ohh thats funky" "this is snoopy collins" "i cant swim ohh nooo"

People wanna work with Snoop because he = sales, promotion, $$$ & career boost just from his name alone

You wanna know why Snoop sells, well originally in 1992-1996 he put his effort in, he worked hard. But he got the money now, & he relizes "hey i dont have work hard on my rhymes & lyrics to be called a good rapper, all i have to do is pay some good producers for popular beats" & thats why he sells. Besides, Ja Rule sells more than him, same with Nelly, does that mean they are good or better than Snoop?

Many holes in your theory, you also seem like an immature stressed out kid. Goodbye.

Thats my opinion, yo

Lol @ female sounds. I pretty much agree with what you've got to say though, he's fallen off quite a bit since '96 imo, what I would give to hear him spit like back then, he was pretty much untouchable back then, and he still has it in him but he's a bit lazy I think. "The Last Meal" was a dope album and he did get closer to his old sound, but recently he's gone back to sounding pretty weak again. He's not wack though, he's still better than alot of rappers that are commercial nowadays, but i'd like to be proven wrong and see him come with another classic.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2002, 09:01:46 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1030821015;start=0#13 date=08/31/02 at 17:38:33]

Ohhhh, not the sales thing again. How many times do I have to say it, it's about QUALITY not QUANTITY. It's like Ice-T said tonight on the radio 1 rap show, alot of people who claim to be hip-hop fans are really pop fans that will follow anything thats pumped through their radio, they don't really know anything about hip-hop or it's history. over 50% of Ja Rule fans are like that, look around, there's evidence of it everywhere.

OG Ice-T right on point there...

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2002, 09:35:31 AM »
Welcome to tha House
ATL remix
Streets Remix
Hey Yall w/ Eve & Nate
pimp slap
etc etc.....

Snoop is sounding pretty damn tight as of late if you ask me.

MC Tim

• Lil Geezy
  • Tha MC
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2002, 01:07:55 PM »
>= link=board=general;num=1030821015;start=0#13 date=08/31/02 at 17:38:33]

alot of people who claim to be hip-hop fans are really pop fans that will follow anything thats pumped through their radio

Yeah all the real rap fans I know don't like ja rule, and all the other people that I know who are listen to radio shit, do like eminem N ja rule N puff daddy shit.
They don't make real rap, they make pop-rap. That's why they are so phukkin popular. Only because those pop lovers, are Em, Ja N puff so popular.

O and snoop. I used to be your fan, what happened? Now everything you make sucks, now you just like all these other commercial dum fucks. (LOL: LP - The Truth)
MC Tim

I got MSN!! Add me

eNgIeS

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2002, 04:55:39 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1030821015;start=20#20 date=09/01/02 at 08:16:12]

Lol @ female sounds. I pretty much agree with what you've got to say though, he's fallen off quite a bit since '96 imo, what I would give to hear him spit like back then, he was pretty much untouchable back then, and he still has it in him but he's a bit lazy I think. "The Last Meal" was a dope album and he did get closer to his old sound, but recently he's gone back to sounding pretty weak again. He's not wack though, he's still better than alot of rappers that are commercial nowadays, but i'd like to be proven wrong and see him come with another classic.

Thats what i'm saying, thou i disagree with Last Meal, he didnt sound anything like Doggystyle (raps i mean), sounded worse & I actually thought he has got better recently

You're right he aint wack he is just average right now