Author Topic: Why isn't Ice cube considered maybe the best rapper ever???  (Read 922 times)

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
Re: Why isn't Ice cube considered maybe the best rapper ever???
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 12:11:23 PM »
lol damn...my top 3 westcoast artists are

1. Dj Quik
2. 2pac
3. Ice Cube

lol you joking or what??? dj quick and you dare put him above 2pac... is dj quick that good??? maybe I might give him a check...  but hey every1 got his own opinion... lol although I think ur opinion suxors... no offense

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 12:21:12 PM »
I even put my top 15 of all time IMO on one CD, going from 15, Big Pun, to number 1, 2Pac. I got Ice Cube at number 5.

top 5:

1. 2Pac - the GOAT. The only reason his overrated is because his not God... lol. Other than that, most hip-hop fans, especially those out here in Cali, will tell you his the GOAT. Flow, emotions, content, lyrics, the total package. Plus his 3 classics don't hurt at all.

2. Rakim - I mean, comeon, how is he not mentioned.  Rakim is the most lyrical rapper by far. The only one that comes close is...

3. Nas - After his comeback and putting out 4 straight solid albums, and putting his overall classic total to 2, Nasty Nas is top 3 no question.

4. Biggie - OK, come on, his only 2 CDs he put out when he was alive were 4.5 or 5, whatever you want to argue. The fact that he never had a chance to fall off, all we can say is that well he was here, he was the best of his time in the city of New York.

5. Ice Cube - 2 classic CDs, co-founder of the gangsta rap movement created by N.W.A., and rolled with the Lynch Mob and Westside Connection. The Don Mega could not be fucked with in terms of being seen as one of the greatest. Fell off after Lythal Injection, but kept his shit to a level that still sells.

the rest

6. Scarface
7. Big Daddy Kane
8. KRS-One
9. Snoop Dogg
10. Jay-Z
11. LL Cool J
12. Eminem
13. Method Man
14. Lauryn Hill
15. Big Pun

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 12:28:37 PM »
lyrically...Cube raps about the same old shit.  So does LL but still...the other Emcee's talk about other subjects.  If you think Ice Cube is better than Nas you are full of shit.  Nas would kill Ice Cube in a battle.  Common killed Ice Cube in a battle.  Common>Ice Cube. Nas>Ice Cube for sure.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Thirteen

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 12:41:25 PM »

1. Dj Quik
2. 2pac
3. Ice Cube

lol you joking or what??? dj quick and you dare put him above 2pac... is dj quick that good??? maybe I might give him a check...  but hey every1 got his own opinion... lol although I think ur opinion suxors... no offense

my top 3 rappers are;

DJ Quik
Ice Cube
Scarface

i'd rate Quik higher than Pac too. i can just relate more to Quik's music than to Tupac's...i also have much more respect for Quik as a musician first and foremost, he's a brilliant musician that just happens to rap... if you personally like 2pac more, it doesn't bother me any, you're entitled to your own opinion

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 12:57:17 PM »

1. Dj Quik
2. 2pac
3. Ice Cube

U ain't checked Quik yet? Boy, you're missing one of tha best from tha west!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 01:10:43 PM »
damn.. i need to give cube another listen..

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 01:14:57 PM »

1. Dj Quik
2. 2pac
3. Ice Cube

U ain't checked Quik yet? Boy, you're missing one of tha best from tha west!

nope sorry for that give me sum of his best songs... that arent old.. old ones are cool to.... but i prefer new ones...

2004s Number 1...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 01:42:37 PM »
2pac is nowhere near better than Ice Cube. and LL Cool J's albums SUCK

coz he's still alive

true
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 01:54:09 PM »

coz he's still alive

true

lol 2pac is alive??     2pac is hella better then ice cube and you calling it not near ice cube lol...   ll cool js rhymes are good but the last album had too many club shit

modify:  any1 gone give me dj quick songs or what???
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 01:56:59 PM by BacktoWacko »

2004s Number 1...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2005, 01:57:45 PM »
1. Rakim
2. KRS-One
3. Nas
4. Big Daddy Kane
5. The Notorious B.I.G.
6. Kool G Rap
7. Slick Rick
8. 2Pac
9. Scarface
10. Ice Cube

Ice Cube can't get passed Scarface because Scarface is still going very strong and Ice Cube is making wack movies.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »

coz he's still alive

true

lol 2pac is alive??     2pac is hella better then ice cube and you calling it not near ice cube lol...   ll cool js rhymes are good but the last album had too many club shit

did i say pac was alive?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Florez

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Return of the gangstas
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2005, 02:05:25 PM »
Ice cube is definetely one the most lyrical rapper comin out of the west period.
Ice cube got that charisma that only pac and him posses.
''I'm still a doggpound nigga I ain't never gonna give it up''

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2005, 02:10:33 PM »

coz he's still alive

true

did i say pac was alive?
was a joke.. but OK misunderstood..

2004s Number 1...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2005, 02:11:42 PM »
Ice cube got that charisma that only pac and him posses.

That's wrong, for example, Slick Rick has more charisma than Ice Cube.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2005, 03:05:54 PM »
lyrically...Cube raps about the same old shit.  So does LL but still...the other Emcee's talk about other subjects.  If you think Ice Cube is better than Nas you are full of shit.  Nas would kill Ice Cube in a battle.  Common killed Ice Cube in a battle.  Common>Ice Cube. Nas>Ice Cube for sure.

I disagree. Who cares about a battle? Look at these battle rappers who can't put out albums, i e Supernatural. Besides, No Vaseline is the best diss track ever made I could give two shits if Common wrote a better diss track or would beat him in a freestyle batte, I'm talking about who's the better artist. If you're going to talk about subject matter, Ice Cube has that on lock. Ice Cube has rapped about everything under the sun including gangsta shit, party tracks, race relations, political stuff, he's tackled the subject of religion in his songs, education, story telling, the east coast west coast beef, diss tracks, drug dealing from a story telling and critical standpoint, the LA Riots, Korean Storeowners, sellout rappers, Uncle Toms, brothas at concerts not acting right, the perils of gangbanging, need I continue?

I'm not taking away from artists like Nas or Common, they're great artists, but neither of them have had the impact on the game or have taken the risks that Ice Cube has taken from a lyrical standpoint. Neither has taken the heat that Ice Cube has, or has tackled controversial subject matter with the same ferocity that Ice Cube did in his prime. I do give Nas props for stepping up and taking on some controversial subject matters recently (i e My Country, Coon Picnic) and we need more of that in hip hop.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 03:28:14 PM by Juronimo »
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels