Author Topic: Poking fun at the poor & the Bush Inauguration Parties  (Read 125 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Poking fun at the poor & the Bush Inauguration Parties
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:49:05 AM »
The arrival of Vice President and Lynne Cheney livened up the decidedly low-key ball, where guests were doing more eating than dancing and indulged in more casual conversation than any raucous celebration.

Acknowledging the various states at the multi-state event, Cheney thanked South Dakotans for "beating Larry Pressler."

"No!" the crowd roared. Pressler was a Republican senator.

Cheney then started laughing at himself.

"No, that was four years ago, "he said. "I totally blew it. Oh, what's his name?"

He paused for a moment.

"Tom Daschle! He's no longer with us and we appreciate it."

Though there was no official poem for the occasion, impressionist Rich Little, emceeing the Constitution Ball at the Hilton Washington, did provide a bit of inaugural doggerel.

The gist of it was: "Let's get together, let bitterness pass, I'll hug your elephant, you kiss my ass!" And the crowd went crazy.

Little said he missed and adored the late President Ronald Reagan and "I wish he was here tonight, but as a matter of fact he is," and he proceeded to impersonate Reagan, saying, "You know, somebody asked me, 'Do you think the war on poverty is over?' I said, 'Yes, the poor lost.' " The crowd went wild.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25580-2005Jan21.html?sub=AR

Woodrow

Re: Poking fun at the poor & the Bush Inauguration Parties
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 11:51:22 AM »
So the MC of the Ball made a bad joke.

Point?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 11:59:17 AM »
So the MC of the Ball made a bad joke.

Point?

And the republican crowd "went wild".. it says a lot about the people who support Bush the strongest.

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 12:09:01 PM »
damn these people laughing at political satire

i blame this on shows like the daily show!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »
LOL, that is pretty funny, I have to admit.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris