Poll

?

Doctor
Priest/Imam/Rabbi/Reverend etc...

Author Topic: Who do you respect more ?  (Read 363 times)

Matrix Heart

Who do you respect more ?
« on: January 25, 2005, 02:07:40 PM »
Medicine(Science) or Religion  :o

:banana_llama:

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Who do you respect more ?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 02:22:15 PM »
That's like asking: Who do you respect more, someone who can actually help you or someone who.. well..

Medicine has saved lives, religion is the origin of almost every war. Sounds about as fair and balanced as Fox News.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 02:22:45 PM »
a doctor...

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 02:56:43 PM »
I'm not religeous, but I respect them both the same.  If someone can devote their life to relegion, whether I believe in it or not, that definitley deserves respect. 

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 04:09:12 PM »
I respect some doctors, and some religious leaders. I respect all people who choose to help others out of the goodness of their hearts, like Mother Teresa, and if one had to classify her under either religion or medicine, she'd be under religion, so there goes 7even's retarded statement down the drain.

By the way, religion isn't the "origin" of almost every war... politics and $$$ are the causes. Religion is sometimes used as a tool, but it's not the cause.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 04:20:06 PM by *Jamal* »

mauzip

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 04:10:24 PM »
most of all i respect myself :)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 04:11:35 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 05:32:59 PM »
Both can be great people and both can be crooked, so I respect them equally. I lean towards religious people more because they have faith.

And 7even, religious people are some of the most charitable people in the world. And unlike doctors, they don't charge you fees for their charity. You're just out right hating and not thinking.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matrix Heart

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 05:53:01 PM »
Both can be great people and both can be crooked, so I respect them equally. I lean towards religious people more because they have faith.

And 7even, religious people are some of the most charitable people in the world. And unlike doctors, they don't charge you fees for their charity. You're just out right hating and not thinking.

You gotta convert for charity  ;D

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 06:14:44 PM »
If I'm dying you better believe I'm praying my ass off. I will trust a doctor too, a doctor has to do his job so I can be saved. Faith alone will not save you, but faith in God will help that doctor do his thing. In the end, I respect both the same, because both have their faults and the bonuses. But I do not trust anyone else but a Catholic priest, so I voted for science because I don't trust faith alone, I trust God.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2005, 01:57:26 AM »

it depends for what reasons...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2005, 06:54:52 AM »
I respect some doctors, and some religious leaders. I respect all people who choose to help others out of the goodness of their hearts, like Mother Teresa, and if one had to classify her under either religion or medicine, she'd be under religion, so there goes 7even's retarded statement down the drain.

By the way, religion isn't the "origin" of almost every war... politics and $$$ are the causes. Religion is sometimes used as a tool, but it's not the cause.

1 Person isnt bringing anything I say down the drain. I talk about things in general, if I talk about specific things, I make it more obvious, like naming that particular case Im talking about or something :D.

Tool? Yes. Sometimes even more than that? Yes. Is it being used bad enough, like nukes are bad enough? Yes.
Bottom line is, more people were harmed in the name of religion than helped. That makes it bad enough for me. Other people may have different views, I don't post to please other people. As long as you respect my attitude I respect yours - that doesnt mean I don't express my views. Dope rhyme.
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2005, 09:43:57 AM »

1 Person isnt bringing anything I say down the drain. I talk about things in general, if I talk about specific things, I make it more obvious, like naming that particular case Im talking about or something :D.

Tool? Yes. Sometimes even more than that? Yes. Is it being used bad enough, like nukes are bad enough? Yes.
Bottom line is, more people were harmed in the name of religion than helped. That makes it bad enough for me. Other people may have different views, I don't post to please other people. As long as you respect my attitude I respect yours - that doesnt mean I don't express my views. Dope rhyme.

I respect your views, and your disbelief in God. There's nothing wrong with that.
There are extremists in every religion, who blame everything on another religion, or call other religions bad, evil, etc.  However, extremists can be found in the group of people that don't believe in God; people who blindly blame problems on religion without looking at other factors. How in the hell can you compare religion to nukes? Religion doesn't directly kill people, nukes do. If a political leader uses religion as a tool for war, it would make that leader bad, not religion. It's like me stabbing you with a knife, would you blame me or the knife? Knowing your logic, or lack there of, I'd assume that you actually might blame the knife. Also, you wouldn't know how religion has helped people, if you don't believe in religion. If you don't have faith, then you wouldn't understand how faith can help. Faith is one of those things you need to have in order to fully understand. You're letting your "extremist atheist" views, as I'm going to label them, blind you from thinking rationally.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2005, 09:48:34 AM »
Also, since you admitted that religion is simply a tool for war, wouldn't a leader have found another reason/cause/etc to wage that "war". Perfect examples are the crusades... they had less to do with religion than they did with political power, religion was simply a motivational tool.

What would you say about Hitler or Stalin? Didn't believe in God, so if I were as dumb as you, I would say "PEOPLE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD KILL MILLIONS OF PEOPLE". You're dumb and blind.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2005, 10:13:41 AM »
Well nukes don't directly kill people, neither do knives. People who use nukes and knives do kill people. That's why I can compare those things to religion. Religion is often used to kill people. How the heck isn't that a bad thing about religion? I mean, poor religion is abused by assholes, alright. The fact remains though: Religion is, amoungst other things, an instrument to harm people under the priviledge of faked rightousness. I don't agree that what I just said makes me dumb and blind. People who vote Bush because he's such a brave Christian who condemns abortion and homos and has great morals and has been told to take out Saddam by God.. those people are dumb and blind. Not me. People who kill other people and themselves in order to be honored by Allah and have a great after-life are dumb and blind. Not me. People who hate people who don't share their beliefs are dumb and blind. Not me.
No, it's not a sin