Author Topic: Live From Compton vs. The Documentary  (Read 195 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Live From Compton vs. The Documentary
« on: January 26, 2005, 09:32:20 AM »
I was listening to Live from Compton today and was thinkin it might actually be tighter than The Documentary.  The production is still tight, but Game's flow and subject matter on Live From Compton is far more broad than on The Documentary where he name drops and talks about his Air Forces every other line.

shifter

• 'G'
Re: Live From Compton vs. The Documentary
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 10:29:19 PM »
The weakest part of the documentary is the subject matter. Same damn topic for each track.

blah blah nike airs blah dre blah gold rims blah I got shot

King Of L.A.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 01:54:43 AM »
I was listening to Live from Compton today and was thinkin it might actually be tighter than The Documentary.  The production is still tight, but Game's flow and subject matter on Live From Compton is far more broad than on The Documentary where he name drops and talks about his Air Forces every other line.

your on crack if u think that mixtape album is better than the documentary.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 03:18:44 PM »

It's not a Mixtape you jackass.  It's a collection of songs that he recorded mainly with JT's Get Low records.  Some of them is Aftermath recordings, but it is no mixtape.  Do some research moron.

King Of L.A.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 04:59:40 PM »

It's not a Mixtape you jackass.  It's a collection of songs that he recorded mainly with JT's Get Low records.  Some of them is Aftermath recordings, but it is no mixtape.  Do some research moron.

lmao u telling me its not a mixtape album. disc 1 is a bunch of freestyles over diffrent beats. that equals a mixtape.  disc 2 is qb to compton recordings. this is not an album. he recylcled the same shit on untold story.

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 07:02:33 PM »
LFC

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 08:02:22 PM »

lmao u telling me its not a mixtape album. disc 1 is a bunch of freestyles over diffrent beats. that equals a mixtape.  disc 2 is qb to compton recordings. this is not an album. he recylcled the same shit on untold story.

You must have a "Mixtape" bootleg version.  I've got the REAL VERSION that I bought at Best Buy last year.  Disc 2 is arguably a mixtape, even though it really isn't, but disc one is definitely not a mixtape.  If you call that a mixtape, then Eazy-E - Impact of a Legend, Bone Thugs - The Collection, Brotha Lynch - The Virus and all of 2Pac's posthumourous recordings are all mixtapes----Those are not really albums, but a collection of songs from/featuring the artist.

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 02:01:25 AM »
who cares?