Author Topic: MTV NOW!!! PUT IT ON!! NOW!!  (Read 1043 times)

bez

Re: MTV NOW!!! PUT IT ON!! NOW!!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2002, 04:03:20 AM »
HAHAHA that pic is funny as fuck, imagine if Moby  just speared Em and they started brawling lolol
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2002, 04:31:17 AM »
BTW, Ja Rule really managed to act a damn fool... When Nas was tryin' to talk about how hip-hop needs some peace right now, Ja Fool goes an' yells 'MUUUUUUURDAAAAA!' at the same time...  ::)

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2002, 04:57:41 AM »
I ain't really a rock fan and I ain't got none of their records, but the Guns 'N Roses performance was off the hook! The best performance of the show by far!

But what pissed me off was the fact that some stupid sound engineer or some shit ruined Eminem's & Diddy's performance.

(Puffy's bit was excellent in my opinion, besides the sound engineer fucking it up (more on that later). First Usher comes out to bust a few dance moves. Then Busta Rhymes rises from the floor and they do the Pass the Courvoisier remix. Pharell was there too. The performance was real energetic and there was a ton goin' on in the background.)

Yeah, I thought the sound was bad too, Em was a bit off at times, prolly because he was hearing different stages of the song to us. I also thought P.Diddy's performance was impressive, as much as I don't particularly like him he's one hell of an entertainer. & Guns N' Roses were dope too, that performance was one for the history books right there, good to see them back (well Axle & Dizzy, I think they are the only 2 left from the original line-up anyways). I was waiting for them to do a trib to Left Eye, glad they did do something, her death was a great loss.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2002, 05:21:52 AM »
Good on ya Eminem. I don't like moby anyway. Proof looks like his holding Em back, just making sure Em doesn't do anything stupid.

Trauma-san

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2002, 05:48:18 AM »
Here's what started it all, they're making it out like Moby is just being picked on, but last february (over a year ago), he dissed the hell out of Eminem backstage at the Grammys.

Moby:

"He's very good at what he does and he's very clever, but he's also a misogynist, a homophobe, a racist and an anti-Semite. I don't see how I can lend any sort of support to an artist like that."

They asked him for proof that he was an anti semite, and he said

"Maybe I'm painting with a broad brush. But do you know that he's not an anti-Semite? I'm pretty sure, I've read interviews where he says something anti-Semitic. In any case, even if he's not an anti-Semite, he's still a racist, a homophobe and a misogynist. I was talking to somebody earlier about the notion of Eminem being in the continuum of Elvis Presley, the Sex Pistols, Public Enemy, and Kurt Cobain. But the difference is that they were all rebellious in the sense that they were extending boundaries -- creating culture that broadened people's perspectives. The problem with Eminem is he's creating culture that appeals to the lowest common denominator. I'm 35 years old, and I might be able to appreciate the postmodern irony of his lyrics. But I cannot imagine that an 8-year-old growing up in Idaho can understand that. For that reason, I find it deeply disturbing that people are lending as much support to him as they do."

I'd probably be pissed too, if I was Eminem.  Then, when he won best rap video, the Fag booed from the audience.  

Murrow

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2002, 09:02:15 AM »
It was  a sick show last night.  Call me whatever, but I don't care.  Justin Timberlake's performance was dope.  The track is very hot, and so is the singing.  He even got some rappers on his first single.  Admit it, I know there are some of y'all who digged it.  That peformance was str8 coolness.

Sikotic™

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2002, 10:28:10 AM »
Fat Joe was real pissed off I bet
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2002, 10:54:47 AM »
the fat joe "jokes" was cheap and stupid.  :P

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Desoto Loco

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • D.P.G. 4 Life! Y.A. Or Nuthin'!
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2002, 11:11:53 AM »
Eminem kicced straight azz at tha VMAs, Moby is just a fag for booin on Em. The Justin Timberlake performance was really hot, Justin comes real tite on Neptunes beatz. Ja Fool, Gay Rule or however we want to call this faggot was actin a damn fool that nite, fucc him. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Eminem, Ja Rule and P.Diddy were doin semi playbacc during there performances. It was cool how Busta was hittin the show during the P.Diddy performance. Dat Nas performance was the weakest rap performance Ive ever seen, Nas kinda fell off straight up. Dat Fat Joe jokes were totally weak. It was cool to see James Brown and Michael Jackson. I really missed Snoop and DMX LOL.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2002, 10:50:33 PM »
Eminem kicced straight azz at tha VMAs, Moby is just a fag for booin on Em. The Justin Timberlake performance was really hot,

fo sho!!

Eminem and Nsync 4 life  :D
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

eNgIeS

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2002, 01:28:40 AM »
I ain't really a rock fan and I ain't got none of their records, but the Guns 'N Roses performance was off the hook! The best performance of the show by far!.

If you liked that, then get there albums, they sound better with the originals like Slash (voted the 4th best guitarist ever recently), Duff McKagen & Izzy Stradlin.

eNgIeS

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2002, 01:33:37 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1030666875;start=20#32 date=08/30/02 at 09:57:41]

& Guns N' Roses were dope too, that performance was one for the history books right there, good to see them back (well Axle & Dizzy, I think they are the only 2 left from the original line-up anyways).

Yeah i just downloaded the audio of the performance now, thou Axl's voice sucked its good to here them back in the public eye

Its good they played one of the few new songs they have played in the live concerts overseas & las vegas. Apparently they have impressed alot of people who were synical about a new Guns N Roses

If you wanna here new guns N roses,  search for "madagascar" (the 2nd song last night, they only played part of it thou, but at other concerts like in UK, Asia, Las Vegas & Rock In Rio they played the entire song, it reminds me a little of Civil War), "the blues" (reminds me of Estranged) & "Chinese Democracy" (a hard hitting song reminds me of You Could Be Mine)

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2002, 03:39:32 AM »
It was  a sick show last night.  Call me whatever, but I don't care.  Justin Timberlake's performance was dope.  The track is very hot, and so is the singing.  He even got some rappers on his first single.  Admit it, I know there are some of y'all who digged it.  That peformance was str8 coolness.

I agree, you gotta admit he did good. He does remind me of a white version of Usher though, which is probably a compliment on his behalf since Usher is a great entertainer.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2002, 04:43:15 AM »
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Eminem, Ja Rule and P.Diddy were doin semi playbacc during there performances. It was cool how Busta was hittin the show during the P.Diddy performance. Dat Nas performance was the weakest rap performance Ive ever seen, Nas kinda fell off straight up. Dat Fat Joe jokes were totally weak. It was cool to see James Brown and Michael Jackson. I really missed Snoop and DMX LOL.

Yup i think the p diddy performance was playback, but it was really entertaining, gotta give him props for that. and yea, that nas performance was waaack. his voice sounded like shit, they shoulda put the westside connection on stage  :D
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network