Author Topic: U.S. Soldiers Poke Fun at Dead Iraqis on Website  (Read 411 times)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: U.S. Soldiers Poke Fun at Dead Iraqis on Website
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2005, 03:54:28 PM »
only like 4 out of the 64 pages have stuff like that.

I looked through the rest and they were actually interesting to look at. As for the pictures in question....they are unecessary to have on there.

Thirteen

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2005, 05:02:30 PM »
yeah those were pretty interesting

and hey Tech....LOOK! we're using nukes in Iraq....there's mushroom clouds!!!!!!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2005, 05:34:52 PM »
ged = good enough diploma :)

Caution2006

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2005, 03:40:42 AM »
omfg those pictures are fuckin disgusting  :yikes:

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2005, 12:05:54 PM »

I looked through the rest and they were actually interesting to look at. As for the pictures in question....they are unecessary to have on there.

well as long as they only made fun of dead iraqis on a few pages i guess that's ok....

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2005, 12:15:13 PM »
What else do you expect with high school dropouts in Iraq  :-*
You do realize that you need at least a high school diploma to be in the military.

The result being that the general military population is more educated than the general population.

its interesting that once again you choose to ignore the real issue and intead choose to attack those who are actually upset about the fact that we further tarnished the american reputation by making fun dead iraqis with severed limbs. 

just like you say you don't support torture, but are shy about saying anything bad about those responsible for it.  you've made 3 posts in this thread, and in none of them did you even suggest that this type of behavior was even slightly bad.  your more upset at your fellow americans who actually care about the future of your country, than you are at people who condone torture and make fun of casualties of war.   

Woodrow

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2005, 01:27:22 PM »
Is it bad that they made fun of dead Iraqis? Sure. Do I understand it? Yes.

You're acting like this is something new. You don't think this behavior went on in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam etc??

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2005, 01:32:25 PM »

well as long as they only made fun of dead iraqis on a few pages i guess that's ok....
....Im sorry is there a hidden sentence in my post?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2005, 01:58:40 PM »

You're acting like this is something new. You don't think this behavior went on in WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam etc??

No I don't think U.S. soldiers posted pictures on the internet making fun of the war dead during any of those wars.  This is another disgrace that should have been avoided.  Someone with a reasonable rank had to have known this was going on.  And i'm just guessing the guys who made this gallery didn't vote for Kerry.

Woodrow

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2005, 02:06:31 PM »

No I don't think U.S. soldiers posted pictures on the internet making fun of the war dead during any of those wars.  This is another disgrace that should have been avoided.  Someone with a reasonable rank had to have known this was going on.  And i'm just guessing the guys who made this gallery didn't vote for Kerry.

I used to volunteer at an old age home. There was this WW2 Vet who was a nice old man. He showed me pics of dead Germans and Japanese soldiers. He talked about "Krauts" and "Japs"

How is this any different?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2005, 02:12:03 PM »

I used to volunteer at an old age home. There was this WW2 Vet who was a nice old man. He showed me pics of dead Germans and Japanese soldiers. He talked about "Krauts" and "Japs"

How is this any different?

They published them for the world to see on military time.  Someone in the chain of command should have said... ok guys, lets not post that on the internet.  There is a code of ethics for the military that all men and women are supposed to follow.  What these peopel do on their own time is their own business, but when they are representing our country its entirely different.  And again, your spending all yoru time trying to justify their actions instead of admonishing them... similiar to how you approach the fact that the US was torturing detainees. 

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2005, 02:18:21 PM »
So according to you....Once they leave the military its ok for them to post the pictures?

Matrix Heart

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2005, 02:23:32 PM »
They shouldn't be allowed to have digital cameras.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2005, 03:16:19 PM »
They shouldn't be allowed to have digital cameras.
So normal film cameras are allowed?

Thirteen

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2005, 04:10:27 PM »
cameras are allowed unless you're in a classified area

anyways Ant, i'm glad you are able to sit behind a chair and never see a war, if you don't want to see a dead body, all you have to do is not click on a link.

unfortunatly that's not the case for soldiers.

who are you to say that what they are doing is wrong? in their mind they are right because that's how they deal with what they saw, they depersonalize it...they make it like it's not pieces of a fellow human being they are picking up, they make jokes to defend themselves from realizing that they just killed someone's son, father, brother,  or husband... all you do is sit in your chair and criticize people day after day...calling these people inhuman when you have never spent a day in their shoes, you unable to view life from anyone else's position... i bet if they had some cushy job like you do, they would not sit there and make one liners about heads...

i was in a class where we were shown pics of homicide victims and this kid in back of the class kept cracking up...he did this for a few pics until the teacher got pissed...he turned on the lights, told the guy that he's just making jokes because his mind is unable to deal with the things he's seeing and the thoughts that go through his head...as soon as he started showing the pics again, the kid fell out of his seat....out cold, because he was unable to adjust his mind to the pictures