Author Topic: what's wrong with shiites?  (Read 222 times)

Thirteen

what's wrong with shiites?
« on: January 31, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »
don't know if i spelled it wrong but what's up with the different muslim factions? are they like christian factions and shiites are kinda of like mormons to christianity?

i'm just lazy to look this info up myself and wondered if one of the muslim people here could explain it to me

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: what's wrong with shiites?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:14:15 PM »
After the Prophet Muhammad died, there was a dispute over who should take leadership.  The Shiite's felt that Ali, the nephew of the Prophet should have been the leader of the Muslims after the death of the Prophet Muhammad.  The Shiite's believe that it is the family line of the Prophet Muhammad that best perserves the true understanding and practice of Islam.

That's the short explanation, if you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them. 
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 08:51:17 PM »
After the Prophet Muhammad died, there was a dispute over who should take leadership.  The Shiite's felt that Ali, the nephew of the Prophet should have been the leader of the Muslims after the death of the Prophet Muhammad.  The Shiite's believe that it is the family line of the Prophet Muhammad that best perserves the true understanding and practice of Islam.

That's the short explanation, if you have any other questions, I'll do my best to answer them. 

so why do they fued with the sunnis?

Matrix Heart

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 08:51:43 PM »
Sunni Muslims, about 90% of all Muslims chose to have an election to choose their new leader.

lol @ Muhammad not telling his people what to do before he died  :banana_dss:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 09:00:44 PM by Genghis Kain »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 09:58:58 PM »

we feud with them,  because they have taken a political disagreement and turned it into an intentional campaign to distance themselves from the original way of doing things. They started prayin different, certain traditions were not followed, they introduced new concepts.

Hardcore sunnis consider them heretics.

90% of the worlds muslims are sunnis. The remaining 10% are shiites and shiites off shoots (Ismaili/Ahmadiyya)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 11:42:03 PM »
Like Tech for example, he's a Sufi...  :P

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 04:24:29 AM »

"Sunni" comes from the word "Sunnah" which means roughly in English "way of doing things".  People who say they are "Sunni" are saying that they are following the "Sunnah" of the Prophet Muhammad, they mean they are following his way of doing things.  All Muslim groups claim to want to be following the Prophet Muhammad's way of doing things.  However, the Shiite's feel that the best way to perserve the Prophet Muhammad's way of doing things, is through the family line, while the Sunni's depend on the giudance of religious scholars, Imam Malik, Imam Hanboli, Imam Shafi, Imam Haneefa, and a more recent Sunni school of thought sponsored by the Saudi Royal family, the Wahabi/Salafi's follow the giudance of an 18th century scholar Abdul Wahab. 

So that is a short answer to where you get Sunni and Shiite.  To recap, basically the Sunni's have key scholars that they think best perserve the understanding of the way of life of the Prophet Muhammad, and you have Shiite's who believe that the family line of the Prophet Muhammad best perserves way of life of the Prophet Muhammad.  Shiite's and Sunni's both agree on the Holy Qu'ran, but they disagree over statements of the Prophet Muhammad and interpretations of the Qu'ran.

I am neither Sunni nor Shiite Muslim, I am simply just a Muslim.  The Prophet Muhammad never said he was a Shiite or Sunni Muslim, these terms came many years after him.  He just said he was a Muslim.  The Qu'ran commanded us to not divide into sects.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

tommyilromano

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 02:39:10 PM »

"Sunni" comes from the word "Sunnah" which means roughly in English "way of doing things".  People who say they are "Sunni" are saying that they are following the "Sunnah" of the Prophet Muhammad, they mean they are following his way of doing things.  All Muslim groups claim to want to be following the Prophet Muhammad's way of doing things.  However, the Shiite's feel that the best way to perserve the Prophet Muhammad's way of doing things, is through the family line, while the Sunni's depend on the giudance of religious scholars, Imam Malik, Imam Hanboli, Imam Shafi, Imam Haneefa, and a more recent Sunni school of thought sponsored by the Saudi Royal family, the Wahabi/Salafi's follow the giudance of an 18th century scholar Abdul Wahab. 

So that is a short answer to where you get Sunni and Shiite.  To recap, basically the Sunni's have key scholars that they think best perserve the understanding of the way of life of the Prophet Muhammad, and you have Shiite's who believe that the family line of the Prophet Muhammad best perserves way of life of the Prophet Muhammad.  Shiite's and Sunni's both agree on the Holy Qu'ran, but they disagree over statements of the Prophet Muhammad and interpretations of the Qu'ran.

I am neither Sunni nor Shiite Muslim, I am simply just a Muslim.  The Prophet Muhammad never said he was a Shiite or Sunni Muslim, these terms came many years after him.  He just said he was a Muslim.  The Qu'ran commanded us to not divide into sects.

So you one of the pussies who "just believes in God/Allah." Fag.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 08:02:18 PM »
Why would he be a pussy and a faggot for "just" believing in God?

I think a dumb eyebrow pluckin, tight clothes wearing, feminine Italian is more of a faggot than a religious person.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »
damn can't even have a normal conversation...

anyways i got the basic idea of the situation, i'm sure people could write books about it all but props to everyone's info

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 09:49:15 PM »

So you one of the pussies who "just believes in God/Allah." Fag.

Is that a problem?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 12:08:47 AM »
Why would he be a pussy and a faggot for "just" believing in God?

I think a dumb eyebrow pluckin, tight clothes wearing, feminine Italian is more of a faggot than a religious person.

LMAO... oh yeah, he's the faggot lookin white kid with the big ass head that looked like Bez...