Author Topic: BBC Apologizes For Lying About Number of Iraqi Civilains Killed By US  (Read 210 times)

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
We all know that the media in Europe is blatantly left wing and routinely lies and distorts truth in order to run down America, but this is getting ridiculous. This is the second time the BBC has had to apologize for lies that are a result of its anti America, anti-Iraq war bias. it is sad because so many people outside the US really aren't getting to hear the truth. They are like brainwashed sheep, really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ifs/hi/newsid_4220000/newsid_4222300/4222353.stm

The BBC has apologised for incorrectly broadcasting figures which suggested more Iraqi civilians had been killed by coalition and Iraqi forces than by insurgents.
The information was based on figures given by the Iraqi Ministry of Health to the BBC's Panorama programme. The statistics concerned the number of people killed in conflict-related violence in the second half of 2004.

The figures said that 3,274 civilians had died in that period, 2,041 of them as the result of "military operations".

The rest were attributed to "terrorist operations".

The BBC reported the figures as suggesting that coalition and Iraqi forces could be responsible for up to 60% of conflict-related civilian deaths in Iraq.

Changes made

However, the Iraqi Ministry of Health then clarified that the figures included not just civilians, but also insurgents and Iraqi security forces. And it said that the phrase "military operations" referred to Iraqis killed by insurgents as well as coalition or Iraqi forces.

The ministry said the BBC had misinterpreted the figures.

The figures were not used in John Simpson's report on Sunday's Panorama programme, as it was still being prepared for broadcast and changes were made. However, the statistics were given out in other news reports.

"The Iraqi Ministry of Health has issued a statement clarifying matters that were the subject of several conversations with the BBC before the report was published, and denying that this conclusion can be drawn from the figures relating to 'military operations'," said the BBC in a statement.

"The BBC regrets mistakes in its published and broadcast reports."

Matrix Heart

Re: BBC Apologizes For Lying About Number of Iraqi Civilains Killed By US
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 02:06:08 PM »
The information was based on figures given by the Iraqi Ministry of Health to the BBC's Panorama programme. The statistics concerned the number of people killed in conflict-related violence in the second half of 2004.

The figures said that 3,274 civilians had died in that period, 2,041 of them as the result of "military operations".

However, the Iraqi Ministry of Health then clarified that the figures included not just civilians, but also insurgents and Iraqi security forces. And it said that the phrase "military operations" referred to Iraqis killed by insurgents as well as coalition or Iraqi forces.

The ministry said the BBC had misinterpreted the figures.
The figures were not used in John Simpson's report on Sunday's Panorama programme, as it was still being prepared for broadcast and changes were made. However, the statistics were given out in other news reports.

"The Iraqi Ministry of Health has issued a statement clarifying matters that were the subject of several conversations with the BBC before the report was published, and denying that this conclusion can be drawn from the figures relating to 'military operations'," said the BBC in a statement.

next

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 05:06:34 PM »
You gotta have something to balance out the right-wing media here at home...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »
Your mother should apologize for giving birth to u, u retarded Polack
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 01:28:35 AM »
The media in Europe isn't extremely left-winged, but y'all Americans are so damn right-winged it's disgusting, a real left doesnt even exist in your country, anything beyond the middle of the right wing is a commie conspiracy for you  :D While I bet most Americans don't even understand what communism really is.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 06:38:57 AM »
The media in Europe isn't extremely left-winged, but y'all Americans are so damn right-winged it's disgusting, a real left doesnt even exist in your country, anything beyond the middle of the right wing is a commie conspiracy for you  :D While I bet most Americans don't even understand what communism really is.

lol @ 'anything beyond the middle of the right is a commie conspiracy'... its sadly true.  in most of the U.S. communism and evil are close cousins

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 10:37:04 AM »
We all know that the media in Europe is blatantly left wing and routinely lies and distorts truth in order to run down America, but this is getting ridiculous. This is the second time the BBC has had to apologize for lies that are a result of its anti America, anti-Iraq war bias. it is sad because so many people outside the US really aren't getting to hear the truth. They are like brainwashed sheep, really.
for one i don't believe it was their intention to misinform anyone, and for another thing not all media outlets arn't against the iraq war. you see the thing is unlike in america we get a balance of right wing media groups, left wing media groups, some in the centre and some like the bbc who try to be independent.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 04:59:31 PM »

is cwalker from poland?

for some reason, i thought he was more american than trauma

Matrix Heart

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 05:08:35 PM »

is cwalker from poland?

lol

http://www.YouForgotPoland.com  :D

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »

is cwalker from poland?

LOL... that's funny... but on a serious note, what makes one more "American"? I don't consider a scoundrel or bigot with blind patriotism a true American because that's not what this country was founded on....