Author Topic: Breaking News: Prime Minister Tony Blair attacked by crazy black lady  (Read 199 times)

Matrix Heart

LONDON (AFP) - British Prime Minister Tony Blair (news - web sites), hardened by years of heckling, insults and humiliating bad hair days, had an unusual experience on Monday: a member of the public actually kissed him.

What's more Jean Peterson, 42, who approached the hard-pressed but steadfastly cheerful leader while he was visiting a community in the northern English city of Manchester, gave a flattering description of her experience.

"He's got lips like a baby, they're very soft," said the mother-of-three, as if faintly surprised they were not made of solid British steel.

Concentrating on the local denizens of Wythenshave, Blair did not have time to decide whether or not he wished to be kissed by Peterson, and his bodyguards had their eyes elsewhere as she burst from the crowd of onlookers.

Locking her arms around the startled leader she planted a big kiss on his lips, Britain's domestic Press Association news agency reported.

Perhaps echoing the thoughts of many of Blair's political opponents, Petersen said: "I don't know why I did it." Before adding: "It was just a friendly gesture I suppose."

"I think he was a bit surprised but I'm sure he understands," she said.