Author Topic: Conservative Columnist Urges Bush to Embrace Fascism.  (Read 148 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Conservative Columnist Urges Bush to Embrace Fascism.
« on: February 01, 2005, 07:01:15 AM »
After 2 pages of rambling on about democrats unfairly attacking the president Fred Barnes, the conservative journalist for the Weekly Standard and a member of the Fox News organization gave the following suggest to President Bush:

"Stronger countermeasures will be needed, including an unequivocal White House response to obstructionism, curbs on filibusters, and a clear delineation of what's permissible and what's out of bounds in dissent on Iraq."

Add another self-proclaimed conservatives to the list of people who hate the core values of a democracy.  I can imagine a large list of wanna-be conservatives wish the millions of passionate americans who care about the prosperity of their country would just shut up about the failures of the Bush Administration, but this is the first one to suggest openly that the dissenters need to be silenced.  His opinion is entirely out of character for a true conservative who believes in the pwoer of the american system.  Silencing dissent is without a doubt akin to fascism, and while disturbingly the Bush Administartion has tried to silence its opposers behind the scenes, these comments are just another excample of the foolishness of bush supporters.

tommyilromano

Re: Conservative Columnist Urges Bush to Embrace Fascism.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 02:23:43 PM »
Well, I guess things havent changed much since I have been gone.