Author Topic: Republicans trying to keep Clinton out of UN  (Read 954 times)

BigBDrugStores

Re: Republicans trying to keep Clinton out of UN
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 06:23:47 PM »
Go for it.

I don't see why repubs are getting angry. If anything this would give us more weight in the UN.

the US shits on the UN....they dont need clinton to give them weight

peace
well bill is pretty heavy

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2005, 12:10:57 AM »
I thought bill clinton was a good president, and i dont see the harm in him doing this.
yeah i agree, the worst that could happen is it gets revealed he had his sausage slobbered on again...lol, let the dude do his political thang.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Matrix Heart

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2005, 05:02:04 AM »
The UN is not America! its an international organisation skin colour has nothing to do with it. even if the secretary general doesn't have much power (how much of that is true i don't know?) he has alot of influence. the bush administration has made anti american sentiment increase hugely since coming to power do you think those people will respect bill clinton or will they see america having more power over the UN than before. i've always spoken very highly of bill clinton but the role isn't suited to him IMO

Bill Clinton is loved by the World (France/Germany/China) what are you talking about?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 08:33:51 AM »
you don't seem to understand its about power and influence, america has huge power of the UN and is not afraid to use it, having bill clinton as the head of the UN would only increase that. This would undermine its capacity as an international organisation and would send it into further crisis, and is more than likely to cause further divide within the organisation, i don't believe the position should goto anyone from perminant security council member states (those who hold the vetos).

I disagree with american thinking on many issues which is why i believe an american running things would hinder global unity.
America is against the ICC
America is against Kyto and dealing with climate change
In the recent G7 meeting America was the obstical to boosting development aid, eradicating poverty and increasing the number of countries considered for debt relief.
America has controversial military procedures like the use of cluster bombs and landmines as well as the internationally condemned gauntamino bay.

its increasing evident thats its all on europe to solve the world's key problems like poverty and climate change. Having an American head the UN would send the wrong message and would probably make it harder to solve the key issues.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Matrix Heart

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 09:34:27 AM »
you don't seem to understand its about power and influence, america has huge power of the UN and is not afraid to use it, having bill clinton as the head of the UN would only increase that. This would undermine its capacity as an international organisation and would send it into further crisis, and is more than likely to cause further divide within the organisation, i don't believe the position should goto anyone from perminant security council member states (those who hold the vetos).

America has 1 vote just like every country in the security council.
(If they don't like the vote count they'll use Sept 11th license to invade the world.)

Like some1 said above Bill Clinton does not represent W Bush's America.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 09:37:00 AM by Max Powers »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 02:56:54 PM »

America has 1 vote just like every country in the security council.
(If they don't like the vote count they'll use Sept 11th license to invade the world.)

Like some1 said above Bill Clinton does not represent W Bush's America.

america also pressures other countries to vote in their favour. like i said before its my opinion veto holders should not submit canditates

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 11:23:17 PM »

I disagree with american thinking on many issues which is why i believe an american running things would hinder global unity.
America is against the ICC
America is against Kyto and dealing with climate change
In the recent G7 meeting America was the obstical to boosting development aid, eradicating poverty and increasing the number of countries considered for debt relief.
America has controversial military procedures like the use of cluster bombs and landmines as well as the internationally condemned gauntamino bay.

its increasing evident thats its all on europe to solve the world's key problems like poverty and climate change. Having an American head the UN would send the wrong message and would probably make it harder to solve the key issues.

You know nothing of U.S. politics. Bill Clinton represents a completely different America than te America you are listing. Bush and the Republicans don't favor these things, meaning it's 99.9999% possilbe Bill Clinton and the Democrats support it. After having Bill Clinton as one of the best presidents in the U.S. in the last 40 years, I think he more than qualifies as a proven leader for the U.N. He has tried to go the Carter way of his presidency and tried to help make peace with other crountries, and has taken heat from the Republicans for being to "weak" in foreign affairs. His also taken heat for having the U.S. be the main supplier of soldiers in U.N. wars. Bill Clinton listen to what the rest of the world wanted, and he did want he could as an American president to make all you damn people happy, and you guys still disrespect him 'cause his a former U.S. president. As of late, it seems like the U.S. president if more powerful than the head of the U.N. anyways, since the U.N. can't seem to do shit to stop the U.S. from invading people. In situations like this, the U.N. would have called Bill and ask for troops to kick out the invading country, and Bill would do what the U.N. wanted. Now you are scared Bill would give us too much power... lmao. You're a fuck fool

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2005, 11:48:27 PM »
look you obviously don't have the ability to comprehend where i'm coming from ( yes i know the difference betweeen bush and clinton, i respect bill) and you lack the intelligence to see things on an international perspective.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2005, 07:51:33 AM »
look you obviously don't have the ability to comprehend where i'm coming from ( yes i know the difference betweeen bush and clinton, i respect bill) and you lack the intelligence to see things on an international perspective.

Lack the intellgence??

Muthaphukka, quit the insults and listen for a damn change. Bill Clinton I think would be the best person for the job. You said they take turns were the leader is from. Well North America has yet to have a someone in that position, so when is it our turn. Our will our turn be reserved for just someone from Mexico or Canada. If Bill Clinton is the best man for the job, fuck the politics of the U.S. and the world, Bill Clinton should get the position. Hell, honestly Jimmy Carter would have been perfect since his more of a humanitarion than anything else. I see things on an international level, shit, you ever watch news in Spanish, it's straight Latin America, which is international, get a Latin American feel. I still think after having him as president, Bill Clinton would do wonders for the U.N. I think your fear of the U.S. getting to much power is not found, because we already have too much power. I think though that instead of hating the U.S. for having too much power, the U.N. should take advantage of that and find away to use U.S. power for the betterment of the world.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2005, 10:17:54 AM »

Lack the intellgence??

Muthaphukka, quit the insults and listen for a damn change. Bill Clinton I think would be the best person for the job. You said they take turns were the leader is from. Well North America has yet to have a someone in that position, so when is it our turn. Our will our turn be reserved for just someone from Mexico or Canada. If Bill Clinton is the best man for the job, fuck the politics of the U.S. and the world, Bill Clinton should get the position. Hell, honestly Jimmy Carter would have been perfect since his more of a humanitarion than anything else. I see things on an international level, shit, you ever watch news in Spanish, it's straight Latin America, which is international, get a Latin American feel. I still think after having him as president, Bill Clinton would do wonders for the U.N. I think your fear of the U.S. getting to much power is not found, because we already have too much power. I think though that instead of hating the U.S. for having too much power, the U.N. should take advantage of that and find away to use U.S. power for the betterment of the world.

i actually agree whole heartedly with m dogg here

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Infamous Josedy

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2005, 10:31:38 AM »
Thats my dawg Bill.