Poll

Who is your favorite Westcoast Producer?

Dr. Dre
Daz Dillinger
FredWreck
Soopafly
DJ Quik
Big Hutch
Battlecat
Meech Wells
Jelly Roll
Warren G
others

Author Topic: Best Westcoast Producer!!??  (Read 1400 times)

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Best Westcoast Producer!!??
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 07:38:59 AM »
gotta be dre...

Well...at least i rekon hes made the biggest name for himself...

Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 07:41:06 AM »
^^ of course he's got the biggest name... no doubt about that! but doesn't mean he's automatically the best is it?

im still pending between dre and quik... can't pick who to vote for lol

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 07:45:57 AM »
what has Quik ever done on the level of

NWA, Doggystyle or The Chronic ?

on the basiis of those alone Dre wins.

Who has Quik put out there to last?

Who has Dre put out there to last? NWA, Snoop, Eminem, 50 Cent, The Game..

compare their output on pretty much the only project they both worked (but didnt collab) on ?    Dre put on Cali Love and You Can't C Me.

Quiks catalogue cant compare.

lol why you always get so sensitive when it comes to this question?
the question is who does each person consider the best producer, meaning opinions can differ, meaning it doesn't make sense for u to get mad if we dont agree..

i love dre, dre is tight and all, but i rate quik up there with him, what's wrong with that? to me quiks catalogue CAN compare!

you have to remember the history of this forum... where do its strongest roots lie?

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 07:47:52 AM »
^^ of course he's got the biggest name... no doubt about that! but doesn't mean he's automatically the best is it?

im still pending between dre and quik... can't pick who to vote for lol

True...however...i dunno....i just like his stuff...seems a lot of others do...majority rules? heheh
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2005, 07:52:25 AM »

you have to remember the history of this forum... where do its strongest roots lie?

i remember the history of this forum, but im not sayin anything bout other people, i mean dre and quik are pretty much on the same level of popularity on here, im just sayin, whats the point of arguin about the question who does each person like the most... cause its just a matter of opinion anyway lol

Don Seer

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 08:01:05 AM »
they dont compare.. look at the level they're on now..

ask yourself... if you have a brand new hot artist.. wind the clock back.. and lets say Game who would _you_ have more faith in overseeing and producing and putting out his project..

who has a track record of having success.. not only with their own career (quik has flops remember! dre had the star track on his last album!) but with putting out big time artists..

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005, 08:02:27 AM »
they dont compare.. look at the level they're on now..

ask yourself... if you have a brand new hot artist.. wind the clock back.. and lets say Game who would _you_ have more faith in overseeing and producing and putting out his project..

who would, and has a track record of having success.. not only with their own career (quik has flops remember! dre had the star track on his last album!) but with putting out big time artists..

im not denying at all that dre career has been wayyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger thank quiks. the question is though, who is the best westcoast producer, and to me:

quiks beats and on the level of dre's beats! it's only about the BEATS here. not about career, business mind etc etc. BEATS.

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2005, 08:04:51 AM »

dre doesnt put out weak beats.. quik HAS put out some weak stuff.. i'm not saying he's no good.. but just that his output isnt consistent.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2005, 08:08:52 AM »

dre doesnt put out weak beats.. quik HAS put out some weak stuff.. i'm not saying he's no good.. but just that his output isnt consistent.

funny i was about to post the same thing, except other way around, dre has had some weak beats whereas almost all of quiks work been hot.

i honestly haven't been feeling too much of dre's work since 2001, except of course some songs, he really dissapointed me on Encore, and smoe of the other beats he had were weak to me. his beats on Game's stuff were good though. But yeah, as far as bein consistent goes, look at quik, he put out like what 7 albums? dre has TWO solos. quik has produced seveal other records all by himself too. with almost all tight beats.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2005, 08:09:34 AM »

dre doesnt put out weak beats..

you're exaggerating there..
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Don Seer

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2005, 08:10:17 AM »
dre might put out something "average" but nothing you'd skip...

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2005, 08:12:17 AM »
^^ same with quik.

its useless arguing over this man, cause we just have a different taste i guess, which we won't be able to change by arguing lol.

Don Seer

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2005, 08:14:53 AM »
naw quik has done some dodgy things..

i aint saying he's wack.. just has less quality control.. perhaps because he'sbeen in a situation where he's done stuff for low budget projects etc.. whereas dre has the luxury to be picky... quik's my #3 producer.. dre's #1... do ya know me well enough to get #2 ?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2005, 08:18:11 AM »
naw quik has done some dodgy things..

i aint saying he's wack.. just has less quality control.. perhaps because he'sbeen in a situation where he's done stuff for low budget projects etc.. whereas dre has the luxury to be picky... quik's my #3 producer.. dre's #1... do ya know me well enough to get #2 ?

homie see thats what im sayin, u sayin he has less quality control, and i dont agree with that. but doesn't make much sense goin over this man, its just a different taste when it comes to beats.

btw ur #2 is pete rock

Don Seer

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2005, 08:23:46 AM »
:-*