Author Topic: Xzibit an tha liks  (Read 541 times)

themovie

Re: Xzibit an tha liks
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2002, 10:09:04 AM »
Not tight like their previous works,but X.O. still a tight album from Tha Liks.
BETTER than restless!  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2002, 10:21:11 AM »

Word.  I respect your opinion as well.  But you can't deny that the Licks gained fans by their appearance on the Restless LP and their association with Xzibit.

when xzibit 1st came up he got a lot more fans from his association wit tha liks than tha liks got from appearing on restless

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2002, 10:40:41 AM »
I have X.O Experience and that album is way better than Restless..

:)

themovie

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2002, 10:52:50 AM »
It's Tha Liks you know our repoitoire, we party y'all
We treat every day like it's fuckin Mardi Gras (y'know)
Y'all done started somethin you just can't finish
Ten years deep in this game called rap business
We takin hip-hop back, it's gettin unbearable
Y'all done disrespected the game somethin terrible
My Likwid Crew shower you, with rhymes that's uncomparable
Beats so ridiculous it just ain't fair to you
We act stupid off the tonic and whiskey
Smoke so much weed you might think I'm a hippie
In the club drunk with my nigga King Tipsy
Lookin for some hoes that we can toss like frisbies
Bail through the club belligerent like, "Bitch Please" (damn)
Tab at the bar is already like six G's
Everywhere we go, I roll with the same old gang
Doin the same old thang, again and again

One of the tightest verse from the album!

budsmokeronly

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2002, 11:00:33 AM »
But you got it twisted homie...Kint Tee put tha Lik's on & they built Xzibit from the ground up.
And they "allowed" him to feature on Their lp's not the other way around. Xzibit ain't doing no favor's to them by letting them come out on his lp's....Cause he owe's them more than that.
Tha Lik's are O.G. and fucc gold or platinum statis the Liks make the musik to get FucCed up to, and that's what it's all about having fun.

word up, seems X is about the money not the music

But you can't deny that the Licks gained fans by their appearance on the Restless LP and their association with Xzibit.
 yeah and look at how many people became an X fan thanks to his appearance on bitch please.  I know I for one did, and I gaurantee I am not the only one.  X ain't giving back to the folks that helped his ass out, and IMO that is fucked up.  I still love his music and will buy it, just as the same with kurupt, but they are both bitches for their moves.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2002, 12:03:44 PM »
I have X.O Experience and that album is way better than Restless..

:)

hahahaha...typical talk from somone with the name Catashtrophe...PeAcE

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2002, 01:18:58 PM »
I aint hating cos I like Xzibit, but he seems to have forgotten bout peeps that put him on the map, Tha Liks and then Snoop, he seems to be clouded with the fame that Dre has brought him, he needs to get of Dres nuts and get back with his homies and do things with everyone who he has done, dont forget them now you got the green!!!!!
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
WRe: Xzibit an tha liks
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2002, 02:52:10 PM »
Well REAL friends wouldn`t bitch about nothing.
So they aren`t his real friends.
And by the way: music is business. ask Dre, Snoop, Daz..........

Jome

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2002, 05:39:14 PM »
He deserve props for this cuz  x is a family man...ask Jome  ::)

huh.. you living in a fantasy-world where all rappers are hardcore gangstas, and everyone the Bigg hero picks on, you automatically SWITCH on.

I bet $5000 that if Snoop Dogg dissed HIMSELF, you would also start dissing him, and saying that the diss was righteous.

Slap yoself bwoy, and stop believing everything you hear on the Internet.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2002, 10:39:30 PM »
I kind off agree with everyone else.. Xzibit is being a trick. He let the fame get to his head. The Likwit Crew put him on the game and they let him ride like he was family.. He got big and acts like he dont know them. And that sucks cuz Xzibit is mad talented.. he could've been like a spokes person for Underground Rap... he gots tha flow.. but instead he'll just probably waste that on the upcoming Neptunes beat or Nelly Collabo....  

But that's just the way I look at the whole situation... Here's what Tash had to say about it in an Article about Xzibit in next month's Source Issue...  

"I think the nigga just blew up to quick and didn't realize who was really down with him."... Tash who says there was no real beef, feels that X belittled Tha Liks when they were around Snoop or Dre. "Just Because them niggas got platinum plaques on the wall, don't try and make me feel like I am a lesser person. We hand-fed you through this whole rap shit. E-Swift made your first demo, we let you get on our album, took you around the muthafuckin world and walked you up to Loud Records and demanded that Steve Rifkind give you a record deal."

See, that's what I'm sayin... Tha Liks straight demanded he got a record deal. Like the believed in his flow when nobody else did. They're probably the reason Xzibit feels comfortable claimin tha West Coast, cuz they brought him in. And Infinite.. you may not be fond of tha Alkaholics.. but atleast get tha name right.. It's tha L-I-K-S.. (not Licks)

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee