Author Topic: Bush and Republicans Endorse Torture  (Read 220 times)

Thirteen

Re: Bush and Republicans Endorse Torture
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »
A.G. = Alberto Gonzales = the Bush choice for Attorney General

do you read what you write? you stated:

According to Alberto Gonzales an act against a detainee can only be considered an act of torture IF it is "equivalent in intensity to the pain accompanying serious physical injury, such as organ failure, impairment of bodily function, or even death."

the key word here being equivalent... now don't you think burning someone and sodomizing is equivalently painful to serious bodily harm?

I pointed out the foolishness of the A.G. definition of torture. If you think sodomy is ok because it isn't going to kill someone, then in my book you support and condone torture unless I'm misunderstanding you. 

I'm not spreading foolishness sadly I'm spreading the truth.  Republicans voted today to confirm Alberto Gonzales.  Democrats (minus a few)voted against him for the reasons I've outlined.  If you support Bush you accept the Bush definition on torture, and you find it acceptable to treat humans in a "cruel, inhumane, and degrading manner." If you don't consider that torture then so be it, but the majority of the world stands on my side of the argument.

i don't know much about being sodomized....that's something i hope i never have to experience....but if you don't think getting fucked in your ass falls under the "equivalent in intensity to the pain accompanying serious physical injury, such as organ failure, impairment of bodily function, or even death" clause, then you must be a champ at the local gay club

BigBDrugStores

Re: Bush and Republicans Endorse Torture
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 08:26:05 PM »
ant shut your bitching. if you want to change somethingwhy dont you run for office