Author Topic: Powerhouse...FULL LENGTH REVIEW...  (Read 345 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Powerhouse...FULL LENGTH REVIEW...
« on: August 25, 2002, 10:08:33 AM »
Aight, this is a FULL review of the 2002 Powerhouse concert…

First Me, Roccy, and EddyFunkDocc met up with Infinite, Doggy, and Doggy’s Cousine…So we all said whats up, and just basically chilled there with them in the line to get in…We didn’t have much too say, so we started just freestyling for fun…Than they opened the doors, and I was the first one too get into the arena. Me, Roccy, and Edwin had seats all the way at the top section, and Infinite, Doggy, and Doggys cuz  had seats at the bottem, so we told Infinite and Doggy that we’d meet them after the show, and we left to our seats…

Now we sit down waiting there for a while…And the show finally started

Shade Sheist was the first performer along with Damizza and NUNE… I didn’t really like this at all…I think it was pretty whack if u ask me…It was aight I guess, but I think the sound in the arena was bad, because I couldn’t understand one word coming out of the performers…
-----------------------------------------------------
Knoc-Turnal and Slip Capone came out next…They didn’t surprise me, I was expecting it too be a better performance…Some white punker dude came out with a guitar and he played the song “Muzick”…Overall this was a really average performance…Again it was hard too understand what they were saying because of the sound in the arena…
----------------------------------------------------
Bone Thug’s N Harmony came out next…This was supposed too be their first reunion concert, but Bizzy Bone didn’t show up… so Bone Thug’s just started going off on him. They were throwing comments like “Bizzy Bone didn’t show up as usual, cuz he doesn’t love ya’ll…But we love ya’ll, so we gunna rock this show”…They played some classics, and they played a new joint that was pretty dope too…Overall it was a good performance…By now I was used too the bad sound quality…
---------------------------------------------------
Cam’Ron wasn’t schedualed, but he came out and did about 2 songs…Basically he was just a waste of time…WHACK
Now there was a break because they had too film the audience for an upcoming movie…a white dude came out and started rapping…First they told us too go crazy and cheer…Than the second time around they told us too start booing…So that Powerhouse audience is gunna be in some movie…I dunno the name of the movie though…
Busta Rhymes came out next with his side-kick Spliff-Star…Boy oh Boy, how much is Busta Rhyme slept on? He was DOPE…The best performer on the show (so far)…He got the crowd hyped and everyone got out of their seats…He played classics like “What’s the Scenario” and new shit like “Break Ya Neck”…He was dripping wet with sweat…When he did “Break Ya Neck” he rhymed faster than anyone Ive ever seen live…Bone Thugs didn’t rap nearly as fast as him…Even though he messed up twice during “Break Ya Neck”, nobody noticed it, because he’s so profesianal, that he just played it off like it was part of the show…DOPE performance, really surprised me A LOT…
Next DJ Quik came out…He was the first to notice the sound was pretty bad, so being the perfectionist that he is, he tried fixing up the sound, which wasted some time out of his performance…He was saying stuff like “I’m trying too fix this sound up, so we can have a good time”, and he was telling the producers all this technical shit…He didn’t help with the sound TOO much, but he helped a little I guess…He started performing, and it was cool…Then he gave out a tribute to Mausberg, Biggie, and 2Pac (and I could tell he was getting emotional)…They played “Hail Marry” for a little while, and everyone lighted up their lighters (as requested by Quik)…Than Quik started performing a little more of his own shit, and he stopped AGAIN too try and fix the sound system up…He said “I know yall wanna see Nelly or whoevers next, so Ima do this as quick as possible”…Than he fixed the sound as much as he could, and he started performing again…Than he stopped and said “whos the flyest pimp out there?” and Suga Free came out and did “Why You Bullshitten?”…DJ Quik started throwing money at the crowd, and spilling liquor all over the crowd, so the cops came out and removed him and Suga Free from the set…Everyone than started booing cuz Quik and Suga had too leave…Overall it was a pretty cool performance…
Ja Rule and The Murder Inc Family were up next, and let me tell u, this performance was H O R R I B L E…My ears started bleeding…Ja Rule’s voice was SO DAMN annoying…and Than Ashanti came out, and her squeeky voice peirced my ears…At least Charli Baltimore and Ashanti were something nice too LOOK at…But I litteraly had too cover my ears…Ja Rule (being the idiot that he is) didn’t even perform…He did two lines and held the mic up too the audience so they could finish off the lines for him…He was barely even rapping…Every two seconds he would just hold the mic up too the audience…And the music would stop everytime he held the mic up…The funny part was the audience didn’t really even sing along…If you ask me, I’m happy that he stopped every second, cuz my ears would have been perminantly damaged if he woulda done the whole thing…ALSO In the middle of the performance he stopped and screamed “FUCK VITA! AND FUCK DMX!”…It was weird too hear “Fuck Vita!,” but “Fuck DMX!” didn’t surprise me…Overall it was the whackest performance EVER!…
-----------------------------------------------------
West Side Connection came out, and they blew everyone away…Busta Rhymes had the best performance…UNTILL WSC came out that is…They did mostly classics, and a couple of new songs…Shit was HELLA dope…Energy is the best way too desrcibe it…Damn, it’s weird too see how many people love Ice Cube, seeing as his son is my good friend, and he used too coach my basketball team…LoL…They kept on screaming shit like "FUCK THAT SHIT!, THEY'RE ONLY GIVING US 30 MINS?...THIS IS OUR HOUSE! THIS IS THE WESTCOAST!", and they took up more time than any of the other performer's...But for real, there isn’t much too say besides this was the best performance of Powerhouse 2002…
------------------------------------------------------
Warren G came out, but I don’t know if he performed or anything, because I took a bathroom break…I just heard Big Boy anouncing Warren G’s name, and when I came back to see, Nelly was performing…
------------------------------------------------------
Nelly and the ST Lunatics performed last, and I was expecting shit…And that’s exactly what I got; shit…They just performed all the gay songs u hear on the radio…I wasn’t paying much attention too the performance, because it was at the end, and I was tired…Instead I was just lookin at the fine bitches surounding us, shaking their asses…Roccy was sitting right near the stair case, and some fine girl just stood up on the stair case right next too him and started shaking her ass…I was telling Roccy too do something but he was just looking away…LoL…Kelly from Desitnys Child came out with Nelly, and they did a song together…Overall the performance was whack (not as whack as Ja Rule though), but the bitches dancing around us were hot, so it made up…LoL

Now Overall this was a dope concert…I’m sure it’s not no 'Up In Smoke' or anything, but it was still dopeness…The highlights were Busta Rhymes, WSCG, DJ Quik, and Bone Thugs…

Oh, and I’d like too give out an appoligy too Ejrizo, because I confused the hell out of him...I told him I'd sell him an extra ticket I had, than I told him I couldn’t, than I told him I could, and than finally Edwin called me up and said he’s going for sure, so I had too tell Ejrizo he couldn’t go…Sorry man…

Also...Doggy and Infinite...If you guys ever wanna come down here and chill again, we could...Just holla at us, cuz we didnt have that much time too chill down at the concert...

PS…I got two free CD's…A Shade Sheist “Informal Intoruduction” sampler, and a “Power106” Mix…I haven’t listened too them yet, but they look coo…PeAcE
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

ROCCY

Re: Powerhouse...FULL LENGTH REVIEW...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 10:36:30 AM »
Roccy was sitting right near the stair case, and some fine girl just stood up on the stair case right next too him and started shaking her ass…I was telling Roccy too do something but he was just looking away…LoL…[

dude that was the best part of the show!!! lol!! I could smelled her ass dude..and I didnt wanna do anything, but I was looking at her n shit from the side of my eye, Since her boy friend was sitting right behind me lol..so ya..tite ass concert for sure, im going again next year for sure..pz

infinite59

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 11:10:15 AM »
I agree with everything Scit said.  And I'll add my review later.

S.G.V.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 12:27:02 PM »
i went to the bathroom too right after the wsc...i didnt know warren g came out....i doubt he preformed though....that wouldve been the fastest preformace ever....he probably came out and intorduced the lunadicks....to roccy...man u shouldve hopped on that bitch...u let a great oppurtunity slip out ur hands...i sat in front of this hoe in short shorts and the whole time she was sitting there with her legs spread....too bad she had he man with her....i also sat on the upper deck but i was close to the stage...not close like i could reach out and touch em close but i still was able to tell who everyone was without any problems....the shade sheist sampler is ok...it has the "holla boys"(worst name ever) screaming all over it...i got that at the house of blues quik concert...the power 106 mix shit is tight...lots of good new shit...they got the new relativez jam with timbaland on it....and i crazy song with mystikal and lil jon

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 03:38:32 PM »
i went to the bathroom too right after the wsc...i didnt know warren g came out....i doubt he preformed though....that wouldve been the fastest preformace ever....he probably came out and intorduced the lunadicks....to roccy...man u shouldve hopped on that bitch...u let a great oppurtunity slip out ur hands...i sat in front of this hoe in short shorts and the whole time she was sitting there with her legs spread....too bad she had he man with her....i also sat on the upper deck but i was close to the stage...not close like i could reach out and touch em close but i still was able to tell who everyone was without any problems....the shade sheist sampler is ok...it has the "holla boys"(worst name ever) screaming all over it...i got that at the house of blues quik concert...the power 106 mix shit is tight...lots of good new shit...they got the new relativez jam with timbaland on it....and i crazy song with mystikal and lil jon

Edwin told me Warren G performed something small when I was gone...LoL

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2002, 07:52:51 PM »
DOPE...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2002, 08:17:07 PM »
Nusta is always a dope performer. Well at least from my perspective on TV.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

budsmokeronly

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 04:57:22 AM »
I didn't think the sound was bad at all.  I was really close to the stage on the bottom floor row 15 and the sound was really good.  Damn Busta gave one hell of a performance.  Bone sounds really good live.  Quik's show at the house of Blues was a lot better.  WSCG was tight, that did a lot of the same performances that they did at up in smoke.  I missed Warren G too, cause I lest after westside connection becuase I didn't give a fuck about Nelly.  Thats funny that almost all of us missed him.  I met this rapper in the parking lot before the show, his name is Dooney Loc.  He was selling the Pamona Pimpin cd for $10 so I scooped one up, its a dope cd.  He also let me hear some of his album which isn't finished yet.  He has a song that I heard dissing Ice Cube.  He is also down with Suga Free.  He is straight out the pen and calls himself the next prince of gangsta rap.  He is looking for a label to sign to so if anyone works for an independent label, holla at me and I will give you his phone number.  Don't sleep on this nigga, he is tight as fuck.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 08:20:12 AM »
I didn't think the sound was bad at all.  I was really close to the stage on the bottom floor row 15 and the sound was really good.  Damn Busta gave one hell of a performance.  Bone sounds really good live.  Quik's show at the house of Blues was a lot better.  WSCG was tight, that did a lot of the same performances that they did at up in smoke.  I missed Warren G too, cause I lest after westside connection becuase I didn't give a fuck about Nelly.  Thats funny that almost all of us missed him.  I met this rapper in the parking lot before the show, his name is Dooney Loc.  He was selling the Pamona Pimpin cd for $10 so I scooped one up, its a dope cd.  He also let me hear some of his album which isn't finished yet.  He has a song that I heard dissing Ice Cube.  He is also down with Suga Free.  He is straight out the pen and calls himself the next prince of gangsta rap.  He is looking for a label to sign to so if anyone works for an independent label, holla at me and I will give you his phone number.  Don't sleep on this nigga, he is tight as fuck.

Well, because the arena is closed, the sound keeps echoing all over, which makes it kind of annoying, and hard too understan...Honestly, did u really understand the words coming out of the performers when they were rapping? Maybe u should go too the Anger Management Tour (Outdoor Arena), where the sound is CDQ...LoL

budsmokeronly

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2002, 08:23:21 AM »
I understood all the rappers fine.  In fact I actually thought it sounded a little worse when Quik tried to fix it.  It even sounded better than some acts I heard at Up in smoke.  BTW how dope was thuggish ruggish bone, notorious thugs, thug luv, connected for life, and why ya bullshitin.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2002, 08:38:58 AM »
I understood all the rappers fine.  In fact I actually thought it sounded a little worse when Quik tried to fix it.  It even sounded better than some acts I heard at Up in smoke.  BTW how dope was thuggish ruggish bone, notorious thugs, thug luv, connected for life, and why ya bullshitin.

That must be cuz u were sitting so close and shit...We were up Section 413, Row A...

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2002, 11:40:49 PM »
damn that sounds tight ass fuck...
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2002, 03:24:59 PM »
word it was a dope ass concert, i loved all the performances, even ja rule and nelly were decent, but bone busta and WSC killed it