Author Topic: Your Top 5 NBA teams (as of right now?)  (Read 497 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Your Top 5 NBA teams (as of right now?)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 09:58:43 PM »
Oh, I thought this was favorite teams...The top teams in the league as of now are:

San Antonio Spurs - They've been basically the same team for the past few years...Playing real basketball is what it comes down to. They need to win now, because Duncan is almost past his prime and the team is getting old...They are the top team as of now, but they're going to fall off quick in years to come.

Phoenix Suns - Like Jake said, their starting 5 is pretty much an All-Star squad. Amare Stoudamire is easily one of the best big men in the league and he's not even in his prime yet...Quentin Richardson was an excellent addition to the team and has improved since the beginning of the season...Joe Johnson is an undiscovered star...Shawn Marion is another excellent player...Steve Nash simply brings everything together...They have the present and the future in their hands...

Miami Heat - They have the NBA's future and they have the NBA's past...Dwayne Wade and Shaquille O'Neil...Dwayne Wade is on his way to being nothing short of great, and even though Shaq is falling off, he's still one of the top centers in the league...Then you got your role players like Eddie Jones, Udonis Haslem, Keyon Dooling, a heavily improved Damon Jones, a veteran Christian Laettner, etc...Their time is now, and if they fail, they will never get the same chance...

Los Angeles Lakers - As of now, they're not playing anywhere near their capabilities...From Rudy-T resigning, to crucial injuries, the Lakers have been plagued with a curse that won't let them play to their full potential...But as soon as everything comes together, Lakers will prevail...You got the best player in the league and so much young talent surrounding him that I don't know where to start...If Lamar Odom stops passing as soon as he touches the ball and starts taking it to the hole (like he did in the second half of today's game), you got an unstoppable duo in Kobe and Lamar...Now what about Mr. 3rd option, Caron Butler? Who doesn't like this guy? Nothing short of a true basketball player...And Chris Mihm, if Phil Jackson see's potential in him, then it's there......Chucky Atkins, playing his best season yet...He sort of reminds me of a smaller Nick Van Exel, which is a good thing...I'm anxious as fuck for the second half of the season, because the Lakers could easily be the leagues surprise...

Dallas Mavericks - Every year they make big changes, but they just seem to stay the same...They're a really good team, and adding Erick Dampier to the line-up is the only thing that saved them from losing Steve Nash...But they're not enough...I can't see them winning a championship, or even advancing to the finals...But when I think of the Dallas Mavericks, I think of a team that should easily make it deep into the playoffs without fully succeeding...Dirk Nowitzki took his game one step further and that's the main reason they're winning...Michael Finley is slowly subsiding, but remains a good player and the Mav's second option...Jerry Stackhouse should take Antawn Jamison's place for 6th man of the year...Players like Jason Terry, Marquis Daniels, and their rookie Devin Harris are the role players that give this team the extra push...And it looks as if they have a future in Josh Howard...Dallas is staying in the same place, which is where a lot of teams would like to be, and it looks as if they're going to stay there for a long long time...

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2005, 04:30:30 AM »
sixers... 2 philly championships in 1 year.. i can feel it
so whos the other champion?

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2005, 11:24:30 AM »
sixers... 2 philly championships in 1 year.. i can feel it

;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Suga Foot

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2005, 12:28:17 PM »
Vancouver Grizzlies  :D.......................................... :'(

HAHAHHAA!!! GONE BITCH!  :D

Don't you live in Germany?  Have you ever even been to an NBA game?  We lost the Grizzlies but in 2 hours I can drive down to watch a Sonics game.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 01:39:08 PM »
1. Suns-amazing starting five
2. Spurs- amazing starting five
3. Mavericks- second most balanced team
4. Sonics- most balanced team
5. Kings- productive starting five

honorable mentions in no order

Grizzlies
Cavs
Heat
Lakers
Rockets
Pitsons

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2005, 12:25:32 PM »
Top 5

1) San Antonio Spurs- They are basically on another level then anyone else right now. They play disciplined, mistake free basketball. Theyre defense is smothering. And theyve really improved their fastbreak offense. They are in the middle of a 39 game winning streak when scoring over 100 points (the longest in NBA history). They only have one loss this year at home. Boston holds that record for a single season...with one loss. So they COULD tie that record. Popovich needs to be considered as one of the best NBA coaches ever. I believe he has the highest win percentage of any coach ever. No egos on this team, even Duncan will let his numbers suffer in order to win. Other stars should pay attention.

2) Dallas Mavericks- Its HARD for me to put them up here. But by the end of the season i think they will be second in the west, above the Suns. The problem with Dallas is, and everyone knows....they wont do SHIT in the playoffs. They never do. But this poll is for the regular season so far. Theyre biggest problem is the same problem theyve always had, they dont like to play D. This will kill them in the Playoffs.

3) Phoenix Suns- Probably the most exciting team to watch in the NBA. They score a LOT. They are explosive. And in a single game, they can be VERY difficult to stop. We will have to see if they can keep this up the whole season. Lately they HAVE looked a little bit tired...and its only the middle of the season. Who knows how the playoffs will be. We know running teams usually dont fare well in the playoffs. At SOME point they will have to play D. And like someone else said on here, they have no depth. One thing, even if the Suns only make it to the second round of the playoffs...theyve made a HUGE improvent over last year. And no one expected them to be this good.

4) Miami Heat- Theyre good, no doubt. With Shaq and Wade..theyve got a great one.two punch. A true one/two punch that actually work together...not compete with eachother. The only thing that hurts them in my eyes..is playing in the east. Obviously the weaker conference, they dont play teams like San Antonio, Pheonix, Dallas, Seattle, etc all year. But they will definetely be a force in the East, and we saw last year...once in the finals...even the east can win lol

5) Seattle Sonics- I couldnt decide easily who would be in this spot. I think they are the best team for the 5 spot NOW....but, they wont be by the end of the year. Im not gonna say a lot about them. But, i think by the end of the year the Pistons will come around and break into this top 5.