Author Topic: SNOOP EXPLAIN why Giving Up Weed and Alcohol  (Read 722 times)

themovie

SNOOP EXPLAIN why Giving Up Weed and Alcohol
« on: August 23, 2002, 04:05:55 AM »
Posted August 22, 2002-- Snoop Dogg, a long-time champion of drinking and smoking marijuana, says he has given up both vices and has been clean and sober for 23 days at BET.com publishing time. The Long Beach-bred rapper, who recently released his Snoop Dogg : Doggy Style Allstars Vol. 1 project, said being clear-headed was a great personal and business achievement.

"The sharpest move I made as a business man: I stopped smoking and drinking. That was the sharpest move I could've possibly made," he told BET.com.

Despite his crucial role in the recording of Dr. Dre's classic album The Chronic and his own inebriated classics like "Gin and Juice," the multi-faceted entertainer said he has taken huge strides in improving himself as an individual. His sobriety, he says, allows him to live more responsibly.

"It betters me and it's going to keep me around. I'm gonna be healthy and I'm gonna be able to see what the f**k I didn't see in the past. Negative sh*t, positive sh*t - I can see it now," the rapper said.  

He also said that his newfound maturity, his commitment to his family and his promising stable of musical artists, The Doggy Style Allstars, also prompted the personality change.

"I'm 30-years-old now. Three kids. A wife. A mom. Brothers. Artists. Family. Friends. They all need me. They depend on me," he said.  

As a successful, multi-platinum artist, Snoop said he wanted to be a "living legend," as opposed to many artists who die in their prime. "I look at Jimi Hendrix. I look at Bob Marley. These are cats that I was told died from drugs and they [were] ahead of their time," he said.

He said other musical greats inadvertently nudged him to sobriety, causing him to re-evaluate his own view of himself.

"When I met these people like Quincy Jones and Babyface and they told me, 'Snoop, you like Miles Davis,' that meant something," he said. "That's like, "Damn, ya'll see something in me that I don't see in myself."

Although he has halted his smoking and drinking, he insisted that he is not forcing his abstinence on others, including his own artists.

"I'm not telling everybody around me to stop. Even if you do it and he do it and he do it, this is me," he maintained.

As a rap artist, leader and potential role model for millions, Snoop admitted he felt he was misleading his minions, but now intends to redirect them onto the right path.

"I been leading niggas off the cliff for 5-6 years. Driving the car with a gang of niggas [like], 'C'mon, let's go,'" he said as he emulated a car revving its engine and going over a cliff.

"So now I'm going slow. I'm gonna get there."

Ultimately, Snoop said he has awakened to the value of life and intends to live a full life without the assistance of weed and alcohol.

"You are only given so much time in this life, so you must do what you must do while you are here. And I'm gonna do what I'm supposed to do while I am here," he concluded.

Snoop's recent compliation, Snoop Dogg : Doggy Style Allstars Vol. 1, is in stores nationwide. The album debuted at No. 8 on Billboard's Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and at No. 19 on Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart.

ExZit

• CPG Recordz CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • COMPTONS MOST WANTED
Re: SNOOP EXPLAIN why Giving Up Weed and Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 04:19:09 AM »
hehe.. maybe we will hear some better rhymes from him now when he is non-weeded.... 8)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2006 - - -

- - ExZit's top 5 Albums of 2005 - - -

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 06:36:03 AM »
hehe.. maybe we will hear some better rhymes from him now when he is non-weeded.... 8)

hahaha

word ex !!!
otherwise the CPGC ( Cow Pound Gangsta Connection ) will roll on him
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 07:41:03 AM »
---"I been leading niggas off the cliff for 5-6 years. Driving the car with a gang of niggas [like], 'C'mon, let's go,'" he said as he emulated a car revving its engine and going over a cliff.---

Damn! He sounds like a respectable businessman now!

"I can see clearly now the rain is gone... I can see all the obstacles in my way..."

Hopefully his rhymes get better. But let's hope also that he doesn't make whack rhymes without weed...

Aww fuck it. A joint & a glass of Henny after a rough day at the studio can't hurt, can it?  ;)

themovie

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 07:44:10 AM »
Snoop was famous as a long time champion of drinking ? ? ?
::)  ::)  ::)

bez

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 07:44:50 AM »
much respect to snoop for that.  I hope he stays off it cos lets be honest all its does it fuck you up anyway.  I see people in town and shit who u can tell are on drugs, not weed and shit but the hard stuff.  I know Snoop is only giving up weed but still its a drug so thats good enough for me.  And drink aint that good, most of the time its fucks up friendships and that cos drink makes you say thing thats usually u wud of kept to yourself so really much love to him.!!

Kurupt007

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 07:48:39 AM »
yeah i think snoop made up own world wen he was drunk and high with pink doggs with suge as his  friend  with daz running
naked and tray dee fucking him doggystyle and latoya banging her self bad azz said buissness and snoop said foe shitlez kokane and singing in church while snoop thinking he's the shit

i wonder if snoop about weed and his new album

Liquid-Dogg

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2002, 08:35:53 AM »
yeah i think snoop made up own world wen he was drunk and high with pink doggs with suge as his  friend  with daz running
naked and tray dee fucking him doggystyle and latoya banging her self bad azz said buissness and snoop said foe shitlez kokane and singing in church while snoop thinking he's the shit

what the fuck are you on about???

u really are on crack!

whatever u do, stay/go back to college/high school. Cuz ur spelling/Grammer/punctuation is BAAAAD

AND STAY OFF THA CRACK PIPES!

ALKAHOLIK21

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2002, 08:49:02 AM »
I wonder how he is going to stay sober with all the drinkin and smokin goin on around him by his peers. its fuckin hard to quit when everyone else is doing it around you.      

fight the pipes not light the pipes hahaha

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2002, 12:26:22 PM »
snoop is going around saying he's drug free and given all this shit up but it's only been 23 days, thats nothing

this is what i think will happen he's gonna stay sober for a few months then he'll either start getting fucked up all the time again, or most likely he'll smoke bud every once in a while and drink out of his globlet every once in a while but it'll be much less than he has been, that will be perfect for his music
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2002, 07:33:56 PM »
I have a feeling he was getting sick and shit and his wife asked him too stop...LoL

themovie

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2002, 10:34:13 PM »
I wonder how he is going to stay sober with all the drinkin and smokin goin on around him by his peers. its fuckin hard to quit when everyone else is doing it around you.      

From which year ?

themovie

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2002, 01:28:38 AM »
Now that snoop is sober maybe he will record and release the long awaited 213 album !

Juice

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2002, 02:23:07 AM »
From which year ?

Man dont take it litterally. I doubt there's a championship for that. E' un modo di dire.

FILA::AUS

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gold Coast, Australia
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2002, 12:03:14 PM »

I didn't understand one fucking word u said. that made no sense whatsoever.

CITY I RIDE FOR...