Author Topic: the real state of hip hop.  (Read 510 times)

rafsta

the real state of hip hop.
« on: February 06, 2005, 05:06:14 PM »
hip hop has become commercilised jargen and bullshit. i want the old school back... it reminds me of big brother or wwf wrestling or some shit. im losing faith in hip hop, atleast in the shit comin out nowa days...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: the real state of hip hop.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 09:23:03 PM »
You know all those cds you never got for whatever reason 10 years ago?

Go get em now. Thats the only thing u can do.

That explains why Tech is diggin in the crates for old Ice T albums while some of you faggots suckin off Game
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 09:33:12 PM »

That explains why Tech is diggin in the crates for old Ice T albums while some of you faggots suckin off Game

i got to agree, all this new shit that's come out has just made me go back to the basics, i've picked up some Debarge, Rick James, Prince, Zapp and Roger and they get more spins than the cd's i download for free

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 11:08:56 PM »
I love Hip Hop

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 11:12:20 PM »

I did that 4 years ago. And you know, all I found was that back in the day, hip-hop was average too. All those old albums were cool, but albums today are cool too. All of them are average. The main thing to do is collect classics. And since 1996, there has been 7 classics, Makaveli, Outkast Aquimi (sp?), Life After Death, Chronic 2001, Blueprint, Stillmatic and College Dropout. From 1988-1996, there was tons of classics. I say pick them up, listen to them with the current classics, and be in hip-hop heaven. Or you can get the average CDs, and see why back them people were crying for the days of Suger Hill Gang and Run DMC.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 08:38:17 PM »

i got to agree, all this new shit that's come out has just made me go back to the basics, i've picked up some Debarge, Rick James, Prince, Zapp and Roger and they get more spins than the cd's i download for free

My funk game is lackin, but im making a mix cd of like 20 funk tracks, that GTA introduced me to like 5 sick ass tunes i never heard before

Gap Band- You dropped a bomb on me

^ dope ness
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 09:19:01 PM »

My funk game is lackin, but im making a mix cd of like 20 funk tracks, that GTA introduced me to like 5 sick ass tunes i never heard before

Gap Band- You dropped a bomb on me

^ dope ness

everytime i play that damn game that song gets stuck in my head along with the reggae version of ring my bell

Infamous Josedy

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 10:04:41 PM »
I dunno about that funk, but if yall need Soul tracks, I got Soul for days.

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 10:17:39 PM »
I perfer soul over funk aswell.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 10:45:15 PM »
You gotta just mix up your styles once in awhile so you dont get burnt out on one genre. Listen to something else (Rock.Motown,Funk etc.) and when you come back youll feel hip hop again.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 05:43:19 AM »
hip hop has become commercilised jargen and bullshit.

What isn't?

rafsta

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 01:11:05 PM »
You gotta just mix up your styles once in awhile so you dont get burnt out on one genre. Listen to something else (Rock.Motown,Funk etc.) and when you come back youll feel hip hop again.

yeh i lisnd to some beatles then old school talib kweli, did the trick.... fuck game tho. i supported him til the second time i heard his album.

rafsta

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 01:11:47 PM »
hip hop has become commercilised jargen and bullshit.

What isn't?

sex, real type of sex, not just fuckin...

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 01:13:24 PM »

I did that 4 years ago. And you know, all I found was that back in the day, hip-hop was average too. All those old albums were cool, but albums today are cool too. All of them are average. The main thing to do is collect classics. And since 1996, there has been 7 classics, Makaveli, Outkast Aquimi (sp?), Life After Death, Chronic 2001, Blueprint, Stillmatic and College Dropout. From 1988-1996, there was tons of classics. I say pick them up, listen to them with the current classics, and be in hip-hop heaven. Or you can get the average CDs, and see why back them people were crying for the days of Suger Hill Gang and Run DMC.
^^^ very stupid statement

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 01:54:16 PM »

^^^ very stupid statement

How? Basically all I'm saying is that hip-hop back in the days was average. The only reason why we are on an ild school trip is because we listen to old hip-hop and it makes us feel young again. We like that feeling. Now classic old school albums are just that, classic. DOC, NWA, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Snoop, 2Pac, Rakim, KRS-One/Boogie Down Production, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, Bigge and Nas. That's some quality shit. But try listening to your old tapes, 10 year old tapes. Name some classic shit outside of 2Pac and the Dogg Pound from 1995.