Author Topic: Paranoia grips the U.S. capital  (Read 217 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Paranoia grips the U.S. capital
« on: February 06, 2005, 09:19:45 PM »
By Eric Margolis

The film Seven Days In May is one of my all-time favourites. The gripping 1964 drama, starring Burt Lancaster, depicts an attempted coup by far rightists in Washington using a top-secret Pentagon anti-terrorist unit called something like "Contelinpro."

Life imitates art. This week, former military intelligence analyst William Arkin revealed a hitherto unknown directive, with the Orwellian name "JCS Conplan 0300-97," authorizing the Pentagon to employ special, ultra-secret "anti-terrorist" military units on American soil for what the author claims are "extra-legal missions."

In other words, using U.S. soldiers to kill or arrest Americans, acts that have been illegal since the U.S. Civil War.

This frightening news comes as Washington is gripped by reborn, Cold-War-style paranoia, ominous threats of war against Iran from the real president, Dick Cheney, and a titanic bureaucratic battle just won by Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

Instead of being fired for the grotesque military-political fiasco in Iraq and the shameful torture scandals, Rumsfeld has just managed to create a new, Pentagon spy/special ops organization, blandly named "Strategic Support Branch," that will replace or duplicate many of the CIA's tasks.

The CIA has been sent to the doghouse. Too many CIA veterans criticized or contradicted Bush's and Cheney's phony claims over Iraq and terrorism. So Bush has imposed a new, yes-man director on the agency, slashed its budgets, purged its senior officers, and downgraded CIA to third-class status.

Rumsfeld's new, massively funded SSB will become the Pentagon's CIA, complete with commando units, spies, mercenary forces, intelligence gathering and analysis, and a direct line to the White House. The Pentagon has just effectively taken over the spy business.

Used terrorism hysteria

Mind you, the Pentagon and its Defence Intelligence Agency have been deeply involved in intelligence around the globe for 50 years. U.S. Army intelligence and its covert sub-branches have long conducted "black ops," including missions in the U.S. as well as assassinations and sabotage abroad. The Pentagon consumes three-quarters of the total U.S. intelligence budget.

Rumsfeld has skillfully used terrorism hysteria to wrest control of intelligence and make the Pentagon supreme in Washington's bureaucratic power struggles.

The Pentagon's new spy arm will be largely excluded from Congressional oversight or media examination. Its special operations teams will roam the globe, all under cover of "deep black" missions of which no records will be kept, and no questions asked.

Equally worrying, the Pentagon's new special-ops units are headed up by notorious religious fanatic, Lt. Gen. William Boykin, who calls the U.S. Army "the house of God" and Islamic insurgents "agents of Satan." He warned Muslims, "my God is bigger than your god, which is an idol."

Boykin's command will now dispatch post-modern Christian crusaders to cleanse the world of Satanic Muslims and other miscreants. The Pentagon's new special forces will be able to run operations of which the CIA knows nothing.

The 9/11 Commission called for improved intra-agency co-operation and data sharing -- instead, the U.S. will get far less co-operation, as the Pentagon goes its own, secret way.

Now, George W. Bush, who clearly believes he holds the mandate of heaven after being re-elected by the less mentally active half of American voters, has decided to "unleash" special forces and all sorts of irregular units, including mercenaries, uniformed bounty hunters, and mutants sporting t-shirts proclaiming "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out." These militarized thugs and video arcade Rambos are sure to run amok, dragging America's once good name ever deeper into the mud.

We have evidently learned nothing from the wars in Indochina and Central America.

Have we reached Seven Days in May?

Not yet, but the second Bush administration has been taking dangerous steps that continue to curtail personal rights, further emasculate the supine, cowardly U.S. Congress, and empower ideological or religious extremists and shadowy agencies with unrestrained powers that endanger Americans at home, and all abroad suspected of troubling the Pax Americana.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Columnists/Toronto/Eric_Margolis/2005/02/06/922316.html

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

Re: Paranoia grips the U.S. capital
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 09:26:53 PM »
sounds like a good movie? who's directing?

i hope they get Sean Connery to play Rumsfield and Gary Sinise to play Bush..maybe Gene Hackman for Cheney

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 10:19:23 AM »
i see rumsfeld being played by jack nicholson

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 01:15:56 PM »
you seem to have misunderstood this article, he refers to a film at the start and compares it to what is happening now.

The film Seven Days In May is one of my all-time favourites. The gripping 1964 drama, starring Burt Lancaster, depicts an attempted coup by far rightists in Washington using a top-secret Pentagon anti-terrorist unit called something like "Contelinpro."

Life imitates art. This week, former military intelligence analyst William Arkin revealed a hitherto unknown directive, with the Orwellian name "JCS Conplan 0300-97," authorizing the Pentagon to employ special, ultra-secret "anti-terrorist" military units on American soil for what the author claims are "extra-legal missions."

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 08:26:15 PM »
They dont misunderstand nothing.

They just dont understand whats being said. All this political mumbo jumbo flies over their head.
This is why this board is over run with stupidity, cuz its a political board with few political heads.

Its like the Westcoast forum over run by east coast dikk ryders, the entire balance is upset, and the OG West coast head is criticized and seen as dumb.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 09:24:52 PM »
i got it, i just like how the guy says all this info is super top secret.....but yet he's allowed to spread all this news freely without any back lash.... if the government is all knowing and ever encompassing like he states, how was he not only to get this cosmic top secret....but also live long enough to right an article about it?

it mostly boils down to fiction

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 01:24:51 PM »
sounds like a good movie? who's directing?

i hope they get Sean Connery to play Rumsfield and Gary Sinise to play Bush..maybe Gene Hackman for Cheney
lol really sounds like you got it!

if you look at the source its was a canadian columist who doesn't have lick bush's balls like american journalists. he quoted his information from a military intelligence analyst. true it only gives one source and i don't know anything about this guy but i also wouldn't immediately dismiss it as fiction nor would i immediatly say this is concrete evidence, but as is quite often the case where there is smoke there is fire.

remember ppl were saying there are no wmds in iraq and the invasion is only to steal oil, a couple of years down the line no wmds found and there is a $20billion hole in the account holding revenue from iraqi oil.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 01:28:55 PM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 01:53:53 PM »
i dont see sean connery playing rumsfeld, just because of his super sweet accent. However he's awesome so he could pull it off.
Whoopi goldberg would be a good Dr. Rice

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 02:06:40 PM »
i dont see sean connery playing rumsfeld, just because of his super sweet accent. However he's awesome so he could pull it off.

You were already on the IDIOT list, but this ranks you among Bez and Mauzip on the HOMO list.

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 08:29:43 PM »
this article is like me stating that i know about this mafia leader that kills everybody that double crosses him, runs a cocaine ring out of the local super market...but i'm free to say this because it's true and nothing will happen to me because i'm a journalist

he confesses that these black ops types do assassinations all the time to get rid of people that stand in their way, do all this other undercover shit and have never been caught yet here he is leaking this info... it's totally contradictory

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 09:43:08 PM »
this article is like me stating that i know about this mafia leader that kills everybody that double crosses him, runs a cocaine ring out of the local super market...but i'm free to say this because it's true and nothing will happen to me because i'm a journalist

he confesses that these black ops types do assassinations all the time to get rid of people that stand in their way, do all this other undercover shit and have never been caught yet here he is leaking this info... it's totally contradictory

Margolis got stars, bars and stripes in this international shit man. Dudes a former US army man

- Lewis Carroll

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 09:45:57 PM »

Margolis got stars, bars and stripes in this international shit man. Dudes a former US army man

i'm not saying it's total bullshit because i believe things like that happen but some parts sound to be a bit blown out of proportion