Author Topic: What do you honestly think about African Americans?  (Read 727 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
What do you honestly think about African Americans?
« on: February 07, 2005, 08:00:33 AM »
I have realized that this website may be focused on a historically black form of music, but most of the people who post on here aren't black. I haven't seen too many comments that seemed to be racist, but I have seen some that were borderline negative concerning African Americans. So I just wanted to ask everybody on here for their 100% honest, uncensored opinion...what do you think about African Americans as a whole? What stereotypes do you think are promoted the most, and what do you usually think is true about them? At your school, what did they act like? Were they mainly the atheletes and rappers, but never the ones with good grades? Be truthful with whatever you say, I definitely won't get mad because I posed the question and I'm not easily offended, but I just want to know.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: What do you honestly think about African Americans?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 08:31:04 AM »
ok, my 1st best friend was black, he was cool as shit, he taught me a lot, he was older, so i kinda conformed, and was a lil gangsta, till like 9th grade, then i started my prep stage, cause i thought dressing ghetto was silly, and i liked to dress nice, i still listened to rap, cause i grew up on it, i grew away from that friend, and i really dont have any black freidns, i personaly have nothing against black people, i make jokes sometimes, that are pretty fucked up, but im not racist, i make fun of all races, jews, christians, blacxks, mexicans, asians, etc. its all in fun for me,.. also i do say nigga, i try not to in public, when theres black people around, but its part of my volcab... also i still dont like the gangsta style, but i think theres a lot of cool black people, but the prob i have, is 1, a lot of them talk mad shit, like, i dont fight, im a friendly guy, black people are really quick to snap... also i think a lot of them percieve themselves as cool, but they dont see how fuckin corny they act.. but that goes with every race... i dunno if i answered your questions, but o also, i love to see black people excell in school, ive met blacks who are way smarter than me, and i love that, i have a bad pretty stereotype of some, cause i percieve them as lazy, and dont wana learn shit, but now im in college, many are actyually working harder than me aand getting better grades,but like, i dont think theres many differences between black and white people, i think its all lil shit, plus i like black girls :)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 09:23:07 AM »
I honestly don't think that there is a difference deep down between them and anyone else of another race. Just like white boy, my first best friend was also black. People are people, regardless of race.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 09:40:43 AM »
I grew up and live around a lot of blacks. I have a lot of black friends. Obviously some fit the stereotypes but many and most don't. It really has nothing to do with the skin, because every race around here (and there's lots), has different types. I see the thugged out ignorant type, the not thugged out or ignorant but act like it in public to fit in, the smart and responsible, spiritual, athletic, artistic. However if I look at every race I see the exact same categories. With in 15 minutes of walking from my hoise, depending on the direction you walk, you can come to a large black area, asian area, arab area, somolian area, white area (although that's a little further), tamil area, and there are many hispanic and latino areas but not with in the vicinty of where I live. You get get all kinds from each race. Growing up in Toronto is easy when it comes to accepting equality, because we learn it before we're taught it.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 09:52:20 AM »
I am black and I've seen both sides of the spectrum

you have the ghetto ass underachievers and the ones who do well iin school and stay out of trouble(white-washed)

I went through high as the latter but I always strayed through both, the thing is people always judge you on how well you speak, how good your grades are and the friends you keep.  I dont say "Nigga" and I hate the word.  I ask my friends now not to use it.  Being Black is being ignorant, those who fill the stereotype of blackness will always be beneath me

time for school,more later

-KIDRENEGADE-

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 10:57:26 AM »
Well, here in Surrey, i've had about 5 black friends through my whole life..becuase thats how many black people i have seen here lol. My first girlfriend was black (grade 6 ). They pretty much all listen to Rap, but they wern't your typical gangsta dude. However, everyone one of them WERE great at a sport lol. Thats what i've noticed about black people, awsome athletes. When this black kid came into my grade 5 class..he was fuckin dope in basketball, crreaming everyone...he was on a higher level. Then through highschool only had 2 black friends..one was your typical Gangsta, selling drugs and shit..but he was tryin to do well in school..the other black guy was into school and was on the basketball team (also an dope hockey player lol..go canada!).

Honestlyy, ^^ i see that in every race i've encountered..all the same...hell, the white people around here are WAY more gangsta than any black dude i've seen around where i live.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 11:13:15 AM »
VV where u from ?

Matrix Heart

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 11:20:05 AM »
You have the ghetto ass underachievers and the ones who do well iin school and stay out of trouble(white-washed)

I rather not comment  :whistle:

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 01:15:50 PM »
I've only met a handful that don't fit the stereotype.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 01:43:04 PM »
Oh I must be one of those white washed niggas then

No way I can be myself and achieve anything

::)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 02:15:30 PM »
For introduction i'm white but my friends call me "nigga" that beacasue when i was 14---5 years ago, and i first got on internet(from a i cafe cause in Romania not everyone can afford a pc so internet was like WOW) all i did was reading night by night rap websites and black history(Malcolm X, Marthin Luther King, about Watts riots,many many more) and talkin with passion to my friends about black nation rise.I meant after 400 years of suffering they moved their nation on such a valuable place, social,culture,music,athletism...and they keep gettin on the 1st places on so much domains.
Music:from Bambaataa to Crooked they got the rap.Gloria Gaynor,Miles Davis, Ray Charles,Louis Armstrong, Barry White these are a few names of legends TRUE legends.
Sport:i can't say a name of an athlet cause i don't know,but look at Nba so much great talents.
Entertainment:Black pple are great players-Denzel washington,Samuel Jackson,and this are very few
Cultural:so many great books...i'm afraid to name one cause i don't wanna mess it up
I'm not glorifyin black nation but what i do is that i admire the ascension of a nation,and its unwritten laws(between the wars and gang riots from one hood to another) they are united,very...u don;t see that on white pple(someone gets beat up in a bus station but noone interfiers)
All that gangsta shit and rap game make a lot of the look of black nation...those streotypes
thugstaz,killaz,hustlaz...the greatest killa on earth was white, the most known hustla was italian lets cut off this shit
noone wants to be judged generally for someonelses mistakes(every man on earth thinks that)
all rases got their downs (look back at Hitler...look forward at Bush....and think at Mandela)
If everybody would think whithout envie,madness or rasicm at the one next to him i think we wouldn't be concerned if we'll die by a man's hand.God is mad(that tidewave from India).Bizzy bone learns u how to celebrate God, what Marilyin Manson learns u?Ice Cube is telling u how to "throw away the guns...have nuthin but fun", what britney spears teaches u?
I mean fuck them niggaz,whites,yellows who R TRYIN TO look gangsta, selling drugs or robb someone let's see the good part of a nation (being it black or other) and let's try to make the others look at that part and not the other.

"Evolution of elevation...Knowledge is the power"Bizzy
if i ever get a tattoo the last part would be written on my back ;D
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Wessia4LiaNia Chieee Chieee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'M Mo' Than a God I'M a Warrior
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 02:28:10 PM »
oo i forgot to tell about a great essay www.lyricalswords.com anyone should read this and i read only the free chapters...if anyone got the whole of it pls help me!
Lyrical Swords 4 Lia

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2005, 02:39:14 PM »
For introduction i'm white but my friends call me "nigga" that beacasue when i was 14---5 years ago, and i first got on internet(from a i cafe cause in Romania not everyone can afford a pc so internet was like WOW) all i did was reading night by night rap websites and black history(Malcolm X, Marthin Luther King, about Watts riots,many many more) and talkin with passion to my friends about black nation rise.I meant after 400 years of suffering they moved their nation on such a valuable place, social,culture,music,athletism...and they keep gettin on the 1st places on so much domains.
Music:from Bambaataa to Crooked they got the rap.Gloria Gaynor,Miles Davis, Ray Charles,Louis Armstrong, Barry White these are a few names of legends TRUE legends.
Sport:i can't say a name of an athlet cause i don't know,but look at Nba so much great talents.
Entertainment:Black pple are great players-Denzel washington,Samuel Jackson,and this are very few
Cultural:so many great books...i'm afraid to name one cause i don't wanna mess it up
I'm not glorifyin black nation but what i do is that i admire the ascension of a nation,and its unwritten laws(between the wars and gang riots from one hood to another) they are united,very...u don;t see that on white pple(someone gets beat up in a bus station but noone interfiers)
All that gangsta shit and rap game make a lot of the look of black nation...those streotypes
thugstaz,killaz,hustlaz...the greatest killa on earth was white, the most known hustla was italian lets cut off this shit
noone wants to be judged generally for someonelses mistakes(every man on earth thinks that)
all rases got their downs (look back at Hitler...look forward at Bush....and think at Mandela)
If everybody would think whithout envie,madness or rasicm at the one next to him i think we wouldn't be concerned if we'll die by a man's hand.God is mad(that tidewave from India).Bizzy bone learns u how to celebrate God, what Marilyin Manson learns u?Ice Cube is telling u how to "throw away the guns...have nuthin but fun", what britney spears teaches u?
I mean fuck them niggaz,whites,yellows who R TRYIN TO look gangsta, selling drugs or robb someone let's see the good part of a nation (being it black or other) and let's try to make the others look at that part and not the other.

"Evolution of elevation...Knowledge is the power"Bizzy
if i ever get a tattoo the last part would be written on my back ;D

Wow! You sure know your facts. What an interesting and informative piece of writing.

[chuckle]
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

DAYUM

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2005, 03:55:17 PM »
my first best friend was black his name was malcom me and him use to talk about being the biggest pimps when we were little... he is in a gang still... i talk to him rarely...
when i moved out the ghetto i met 2 black ppl that were real cool... they were from my elementary school and fromt he same old block so it was kinda wierd but we never talked till i moved and they are brothers Jamaal and Keith... they were my best friends throughout middle school...

now we are in high school and all the blacks hang out with the blacks... they stick together i have a couple of classes with keith but i berly talk to them anymore... we arent as close but i know if i ever needed anything i could turn to them and the same from me...

now there is a difference between blacks and niggers to me
blacks- respectable black ppl

niggers- the niggers u see commiting crimes doing worthless shit... there are alot of niggers on tv and around the ghetto they arent hard to find...

but overall im cool with everyone i just dont like certain ppl from certain race like there are sum cool white ppl and then there are those redneck bastards that are raceist biggot fucks

yeah im just sayin tho...

ecrazy

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 03:58:47 PM »
Black People Over here were just like me, we all grew up together, it seemed like all the minorities lived on "Tha Block"...im mexican and i went to an almost all white/Asian high school and elementry schoolz/middle schoolz. we just hung out with each other, because there were so little of us and we all lived next to each other. I tried to break myself away from all the typical latino stereotypes, but im really proud to be mexican, and most of my black homies started off whitewashed in a way, but then something happened around each of their senior years, when they all went to continuation school and i dont know if they even graduated, but damn, all that way and just ruining it like that, its hard too, because their my homies, and now their slangin weed and tryin too hard to hustle and get rich that way, when they could have gone to school, man, they had straight A's, honors classes and everything, but just dropped out like that, and now, damn, i cant help but feel sorry for them, i want to say something, but i dont know what.

But to answer your questions, Black People act like me for the most part, i dont really see any stereotypes, cept with all that pink wearin, i aint down with that. oh and that they are all good @ Basketball, because Almost Every homie ive had is good @ basketball.