Author Topic: Dr.Dre  (Read 648 times)

AFTERMATH_FAN

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Dr.Dre
« on: August 25, 2002, 01:20:03 PM »
I know that we have gone over this somewhat but it seems like Dre takes forever to put an album out.I mean come on Dre you have the most experience and knowledge when it comes to producing but what the fuck takes so god damn long??I have been waiting for Rakim for like two years now,and now they are saying it wont be out until 2003.What happened to fall of this year????Where is mellowman?Maybe he can shed some light on this topic.Hell at this rate we wont see Detox until 2005.If anybody has any info on what the hell is going on over at Aftermath,please let me know?? thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Young Dan Iza

Re: Dr.Dre
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2002, 07:19:08 PM »
hey dre takes time puttin out his shit so he can make classics and expect this one 2 take 4ever cuz its his lost solo cd

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2002, 07:52:30 PM »
The last couple albums he released were nothing special except Eminem.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 06:45:32 AM »
The last couple albums he released were nothing special except Eminem.

The last few albums he released weren't worked on as long as his classics were worked on either, so there you go.

And I wouldn't be a bit surprised OR disappointed if Detox did drop like 2005 or even later. Well, it can't be very much later though, the man's got some years on him... Not that he couldn't do it when his 50-sumthin', I'm just sure Dre wants to take a little distance from the game, drop a few bombs now & then and manage his label...

Snoop said in an interview once sumthin' like: "Me & Dre, when we're like 90 & 80 years an' sittin' in wheelchairs, we still be rockin' the show like '1, 2, 3 an' to the 4, Snoop Doggy Dogg an' Dr. Dre is at the do'... aww shit y'all know the rest!'"

Then there's Dres kids or course... The surgeon generals of the west for the next generation perhaps?

Even if none of that's gonna happen, I'm glad that I'm here now, in the era of Dre. I mean, every generation's got a few MAJOR musical gurus people look up to, people like Elvis, John Lennon, Mick Jagger... I was there when there was Dr. Dre, 2Pac & Snoop Dogg... Those are the people who's records I'll be bumpin' when I'm 40 drivin' my kids crazy, listenin' to "the oldies"...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 07:29:50 AM »

The last few albums he released weren't worked on as long as his classics were worked on either, so there you go.

And I wouldn't be a bit surprised OR disappointed if Detox did drop like 2005 or even later. Well, it can't be very much later though, the man's got some years on him... Not that he couldn't do it when his 50-sumthin', I'm just sure Dre wants to take a little distance from the game, drop a few bombs now & then and manage his label...

Snoop said in an interview once sumthin' like: "Me & Dre, when we're like 90 & 80 years an' sittin' in wheelchairs, we still be rockin' the show like '1, 2, 3 an' to the 4, Snoop Doggy Dogg an' Dr. Dre is at the do'... aww shit y'all know the rest!'"

Then there's Dres kids or course... The surgeon generals of the west for the next generation perhaps?

Even if none of that's gonna happen, I'm glad that I'm here now, in the era of Dre. I mean, every generation's got a few MAJOR musical gurus people look up to, people like Elvis, John Lennon, Mick Jagger... I was there when there was Dr. Dre, 2Pac & Snoop Dogg... Those are the people who's records I'll be bumpin' when I'm 40 drivin' my kids crazy, listenin' to "the oldies"...

Lol, word man  ;D You people complaning, have some patience, you can't rush perfection. Would you rather have
1-2 wack - average albums drop a year or have 1 absolute banger/classic (from start to finish) album drop every 2-3 years? I know which one I would prefer.....

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 09:55:13 AM »
The Wash and Truth Hurts were in the average to wack range.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 10:02:29 AM »
The Wash and Truth Hurts were in the average to wack range.

Not wack IMO, but average yeah. Detox & OMG are prolly gonna be classics but he does take sum time to put out shit at the moment and if it's as mediocre as The Wash there's no excuse for takin that much time.

Real_G

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 10:06:38 AM »
Whole shit, cant you guys listen to something else other than dre before his damn album comes out. Im not even holding my breath for it.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 11:46:41 AM »
yeah its make or break time for dre now anyways, he knows that, he tuk forvever with thuth, turned out average, wash was avarage.........now he takin forvever with rakim and then he gonna take ages with detox........and if these two are just average, then ppl will start to think he jus loosin it, rightly so, cuz if they are weak for the amount of time he spends on them, thats pretty wack, then he may aswell jus make loadsa albums in a year but if rakim n shit lp's come out like bangers then everyone will say 'okay dre take ya time' but if they weak ppl gon be like 'fuck dre lazy ass, imma listen sum other shit that comes out quicker' ......so u know, dre gotta alot of pressure and so have rakim to come out dope cuz they know they taken long..........i jus hope it does turn out to be dope........which if released i reckon it will

pz

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2002, 05:25:22 AM »
Since i'm a pretty big RnB/Soul fan I think I can appreciate Truth's release more than your average hip-hop fan. I'd say it was far above average, i've been listening to it ever since it leaked & since I copped it. It's a very well produced album and it touches on more than just your usual love-gone-wrong content that so many RnB albums use. Sure, there are songs like that included, but there done so much better than your average RnB album, i'd pretty much say it was a perfect RnB/soul album, definately the best i've heard since Alicia Keys' "Keys In A Minor" which I consider a classic RnB/Soul album now. The thing about Truth is that she can actually sing too, it's not about catchy tunes with touched up vocals, her voice is REAL.
And about "The Wash", it was a soundtrack, not a full Dre album, Dre wasn't involved in all the tracks but the ones that he was involved in were classic Dre production and/or vocals imo. Tracks like "On The Blvd", "Bad Intentions", "Str8 Westcoast" & "The Wash" were worth the purchase alone in my opinion.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2002, 05:32:55 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1030317603;start=0#9 date=08/27/02 at 10:25:22]And about "The Wash", it was a soundtrack, not a full Dre album, Dre wasn't involved in all the tracks but the ones that he was involved in were classic Dre production and/or vocals imo. Tracks like "On The Blvd", "Bad Intentions", "Str8 Westcoast" & "The Wash" were worth the purchase alone in my opinion.

Exactly homie...
I bumped the fuck outta this soundtrack...when it dropped.
plus that "Busta Rhymes" The "Xzibit" yo.....cop this cd and listen closley again to those who hated on the wash.
my only complaint is having 2 copies....one when the soundtrack dropped, and then when the movie came out.
Fucker's made me buy it twice. >:(

But it was worth it ImO
Hatesrats 2oo2

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2002, 05:37:04 AM »
>= link=board=general;num=1030317603;start=0#9 date=08/27/02 at 10:25:22]And about "The Wash", it was a soundtrack, not a full Dre album, Dre wasn't involved in all the tracks but the ones that he was involved in were classic Dre production and/or vocals imo. Tracks like "On The Blvd", "Bad Intentions", "Str8 Westcoast" & "The Wash" were worth the purchase alone in my opinion.

I didn't like em that much though it was basically Dre's shit I really liked on that album/OST, but there was too much mediocre material and the fact Dre didn't produce all the tracks is actually another reason for sayin he's very slow

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2002, 06:19:43 AM »
you do know that dre mixes most of the tracks right? he goes and tweeks everything. that also takes more time he does this to tracks he doesnt produce too another reason that he takes long. but fuck it i would rather wait for somthing good than just something like whatever

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2002, 06:26:52 AM »

Exactly homie...
I bumped the fuck outta this soundtrack...when it dropped.
plus that "Busta Rhymes" The "Xzibit" yo.....cop this cd and listen closley again to those who hated on the wash.
my only complaint is having 2 copies....one when the soundtrack dropped, and then when the movie came out.
Fucker's made me buy it twice. >:(

But it was worth it ImO

Lol, I wonder if they will release the DVD with copies of the soundtrack over here too (UK), I ain't seen the DVD here yet though. Glad someone agrees with me though, it's like everyone blames Dre for the material he never really had anything to do with, they look past the fact that the tracks he did produce and what not are dope as hell. Guess thats hateration at it's purest. You'll see that change when these 2 projects (OMG & Detox) drop though, watch.

Makavelithdon: I can understand you saying Dre is slow, but it's like for one he couldn't drop the soundtrack months before the movie came out now could he, plus the reason the album didn't have many tracks that he was heavily involved with is because they didn't allow him enough time to finish more tracks. Alot of people still don't seem to understand and appreciate that Dre is a perfectionist and I don't know if anyone here knows a perfectionist but they are extrememly serious about their work, sometimes to the point where it's scary, lol.

big_mike

• Lil Geezy
  • real g's dont die...we multiply...
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2002, 07:35:40 AM »
Bottom Line...When Dre drop albums...them mothers are felt for years...He gives them other fool time to catch-up...It's takes them 4-5 albums to recoup.  Dre is eating heavy off of:
(1) The Slim Shady LP, (2) 2001, (3) MM LP, & now (4) The Em Show !!!

He has the luxury/time/patience/understanding of what's makes a GREAT album and isn't SCARED to BREAK barriers.