Author Topic: UK immigration system to be modified to be similar to austrailias  (Read 160 times)

Don Seer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4241989.stm

personally i think this is a great idea, and should have happened years ago.

mauzip

Re: UK immigration system to be modified to be similar to austrailias
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 06:20:12 AM »
i didn't click your link, but i think i saw something abuot it on the news yesterday or the day before yesterday. it sounded good to me also, i wish they'd do something similar over here :'(

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 06:29:19 AM »
well the thing thats really stupid is..

international immigration/asylum law states.. that a person may claim asylmum in __first__ safe country they got to...

refugee's rarely come by aeroplane... this means that for nearly ALL refuges/asylum seekers who have come to the UK we have no legal obligation to accept them.

as they've been through a 'safe country' on their way here... we're a island FFS.. you __cant___ get here without going through the rest of europe...   we're getting over populated.. and house prices are getting stupid as a result.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 06:30:58 AM by Overseer »

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 06:35:20 AM »
well the thing thats really stupid is..

international immigration/asylum law states.. that a person may claim asylmum in __first__ safe country they got to...

refugee's rarely come by aeroplane... this means that for nearly ALL refuges/asylum seekers who have come to the UK we have no legal obligation to accept them.

as they've been through a 'safe country' on their way here... we're a island FFS.. you __cant___ get here without going through the rest of europe...   we're getting over populated.. and house prices are getting stupid as a result.

this is why countries like italy, greece and especially spain need to protect their borders better

Matrix Heart

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 06:43:07 AM »
Why don't you just limit the number of immigrants that can come to the UK?  :)

this is why countries like italy, greece and especially spain need to protect their borders better
Haha you want them to protect their borders for you?  :nahnah:

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 06:45:26 AM by Max Powers »

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 06:46:06 AM »
no..  we're already overrun

there is NO NEED for anyone to claim asylum here since they _have to_ come through "safe" countries to get here.

we have no borders.. well.. the border is in the middle of the sea...  and to get here from the sea you have to come from another european country.. there is no other way! its too far!

they're saying going to stop ALL immigrations that arent  "economic" i.e.   they arent skilled people like doctors etc..

of course in case of war etc we'd accept a quota of those needing placement to ease the pressure on our neighbors..

we're a small country, we just happen to be pretty well off and powerful.. and we have a good social care system.. if they do get aslyum they get free health and housing.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 06:52:26 AM by Overseer »

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 06:48:11 AM »
Why don't you just limit the number of immigrants that can come to the UK?  :)

Haha you want them to protect their borders for you?  :nahnah:

for the rest of europe also

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 06:50:10 AM »

each country should just protect its borders with those countries that dont...

so that those countries who 'leak' these illegal immigrants into europe end up with the problem.. not the wealthier countries like france, england, germany and holland where these immigrants end up

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 06:52:13 AM »

each country should just protect its borders with those countries that dont...

so that those countries who 'leak' these illegal immigrants into europe end up with the problem.. not the wealthier countries like france, england, germany and holland where these immigrants end up

and those countries could also help out the countries that 'leak' illegal immigrants ;)

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 06:53:56 AM »
read what i said again...

look after your shit.. the countries NOT doing their job will soon step up the pace and look after their borders when their countries get overrun.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 07:00:15 AM »
Enjoy  :D now they come to you  ;D

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 07:11:39 AM »
look at how many  "safe" countries someone must pass through to get to the UK.. they have to get to france then hide in a lorry to get across the channel tunnel.. they cant get on boats from spain or france easily as they most often hide within lorries and boat security is strictire.. getting on a lorry going under the sea  from france/england is the best way for them.. (btw the lorry actually goes on a train called eurostar it doesnt drive)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 07:13:45 AM by Overseer »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 10:44:03 AM »
i have no problem with real asylum seekers the problem is most of the ones who come here arn't proper asylum seekers, and in the current system it can take years to determine weather some1 is elegible for asylum for which time us tax payers are paying their legal fees, accommodation and benefits. also half of those rejected stay in the countriy illegally anyway its issues like these that need to be sorted out. for economic migrants i like the pionts system we should only be accepting people to move here if they're skills are short in supply. Britain is overcrowded so we really need to get a grip on immigration because its britain we have an average of 242 people per sq km and its still growing. Thats more than double the population desity of our neighbour france and over 8 times more crowded than america and finally 81 times more crowded than canada!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 10:49:35 AM by Don Rizzle »

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 01:07:47 PM »
I think that after occupying their land, it's only fair they spend some time on yours.  :)

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005, 05:18:36 AM »
Your average Joe has thought the same as you Seer for years now.

Those left wing, great unwashed cunts like to brand you as been some sort of Neo Nazi for it though. It's only coming out now because Michael Howard tried to sway the undecided in his favour by saying he'd operate a similar policy.

Personally, I'd ship ALL asylum seekers out and ALL illegal immigrants.

Oh and soon this country will have a serious problem with them eastern european gypsy type cunts who can come legally now. Just like we have with Somalians now.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes