Author Topic: FUCK......they did do a video for "Hate it or love it"  (Read 539 times)

Elevz

Re: FUCK......they did do a video for "Hate it or love it"
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2005, 11:10:34 PM »
Why are you all hating on Higher for not being the next single? I thought there was a reason why they're not putting that out. It was something like the first track off the album that leaked... A single has to be fresh, Higher has been around for over 5 months (yes, it also appeared on for example Hot97's "Blazing Hiphop and R&B" discs in September. They can't come up with that anymore now, since half of the US already know the song.

Hate it or love it might as well be a good choice. The song is good, the radiostations will love it and it'll be more popular than How We Do. I think it might as well be quite a clever move to use 50 AGAIN to promote Game's album. The kids they'll have to aim at now for selling more records are all over 50's dick. The more they're thinking The Documentary is one great collabo between Game and 50, the more of these kids will go out and buy the album. Yes, they'll do it for 50, but it'll sell. After they've bumped the shit out of the album, they'll be aware of Game's talents too. That's how the shit goes down.

Don't hate on it, it's a good song and it'll probably be proven a good marketing move.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2005, 11:31:23 PM »
I remember they started playing "California Love" on the radio in the summer of 1995. They made it the first single for All Eyez On Me although it dropped the next February. If a song is hot, people are going to want to listen to it no matter what. And I guarantee most of the radio stations haven't played "Higher" in regular rotation other than the big two, Hot 97 and Power 106. A lot of people don't go on the internet and find songs like we do. They rely on radio and MTV/BET to get the new songs. Therefore "Higher" still would of made an impact.

I really don't care what the radio single would of been but I just wanted to see a video for "Higher" because I think it would of been on that whole "Still D.R.E." type vibe if they did a video.

mauzip

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2005, 10:48:19 AM »
Why are you all hating on Higher for not being the next single? I thought there was a reason why they're not putting that out. It was something like the first track off the album that leaked... A single has to be fresh, Higher has been around for over 5 months (yes, it also appeared on for example Hot97's "Blazing Hiphop and R&B" discs in September. They can't come up with that anymore now, since half of the US already know the song.

How We Do leaked like 3 weeks later or something...

Elevz

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2005, 02:02:50 PM »
Allright, you two are probably right... "Higher" might have been a good choice, but I don't think it would be as widely accepted by the mainstream as "Hate it or love it" will be. It's a typical song, you either hate it or love it and to some people it might first have to grow on them. That's a risky choice for a single, but don't worry, maybe Game will shoot a video to Higher in the near future.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing this "Hate it or love it" video. It could really be a dope thing if they've put as much effort into it as they did to "How We Do". Does anyone have any additional info on this new video?