Author Topic: Serious Question:  (Read 1294 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Serious Question:
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2005, 05:47:37 PM »
good bluff

yea.. I think he just wanted to know if people care about him, so he might stay on the board. Now, that he found out people don't give a shit, he tries to leave.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Thirteen

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2005, 08:09:57 PM »
good bluff

yea.. I think he just wanted to know if people care about him, so he might stay on the board. Now, that he found out people don't give a shit, he tries to leave.

i think he was making an anology about the social security issue and he just got a bunch of people to say they agree with the "pay a bunch of money now and don't worry about it later" rather than keep the same system and worry about it collapsing every year

Sikotic™

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2005, 12:37:58 AM »
Surgery man. Life is priceless.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2005, 01:06:44 AM »
^ LOL... I don't think you read his follow-up...

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2005, 01:08:04 AM »
i think he was making an anology about the social security issue

WOW.... a real Sherlock we have here..

Thirteen

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2005, 06:02:38 AM »

i was explaining it to someone else... not everyone can be as smart as you claim you are

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2005, 08:10:53 AM »
truama is a sneaky bastard ..

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2005, 08:55:29 AM »
Well, I'm glad everybody's so sympathetic, and I'm sorry to put all of you throught that, but it turns out it was a false alarm.

However, using all the knowledge we gained from this post, lets apply it to the current social security crisis in the country.  I'll leave others to go ahead and flesh that out, my work here is done.

Social Security reform has already been addressed on this forum.  But just for kicks I'll requote Bush's explanation of how he plans to fix the problem:

Question: How is the new plan is going to fix the problem (with social security)?

THE PRESIDENT: Because the -- all which is on the table begins to address the big cost drivers. For example, how benefits are calculate, for example, is on the table; whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers, affecting those -- changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to get what has been promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to what has been promised.

Does that make any sense to you? It's kind of muddled. Look, there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for example, benefits are calculated based upon the increase of wages, as opposed to the increase of prices. Some have suggested that we calculate -- the benefits will rise based upon inflation, as opposed to wage increases. There is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised benefits grow, if those -- if that growth is affected, it will help on the red.

Okay, better? I'll keep working on it.

____

You can't win an argument when you've already chosen the wrong side to defend... all you can do is rationalize, which you and your fellow republicans are pretty good at. The world would be a much better place if every debater was concerned with the discovery of truth rather than being solely concerned with proving the other side wrong.  Social Security could be improved, but so could plenty of other things and as it stands the Bush plan is far from ideal.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2005, 08:58:06 AM »
^ is it me , or did he just mumble a bunch of nonsense...

Sikotic™

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2005, 12:21:51 PM »
^ LOL... I don't think you read his follow-up...

LOL Nah I didn't and I don't intend on doing so
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2005, 03:12:17 PM »

i was explaining it to someone else... not everyone can be as smart as you claim you are

Yeah, and the intelligence I claim is even humbled down a bit since I'm a modest guy...

Anyways, why would you say "I think..."    when he already proclaimed that it is.... you're right, not everyone can be as smart as I claim I am...

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2005, 07:25:43 PM »

Actually, Trauma is one of the origionals at this forum, and alot of the people here came from the old WestCoastKillaz forum he had.  He's probably the second most popular forum member besides the creator, Overseer.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Thirteen

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2005, 08:24:11 PM »

Yeah, and the intelligence I claim is even humbled down a bit since I'm a modest guy...

Anyways, why would you say "I think..."    when he already proclaimed that it is.... you're right, not everyone can be as smart as I claim I am...

it's hard to read sarcasm over the internet...that's were the "i think" came from

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2005, 12:08:58 AM »

it's hard to read sarcasm over the internet...that's were the "i think" came from

There's no need to read between the lines or anything... it's put right there in front of your face.... it's okay if you're dumb, you can always join the military and torture people...

Well, I'm glad everybody's so sympathetic, and I'm sorry to put all of you throught that, but it turns out it was a false alarm.
However, using all the knowledge we gained from this post, lets apply it to the current social security crisis in the country.  I'll leave others to go ahead and flesh that out, my work here is done.

Thirteen

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2005, 03:36:46 AM »

There's no need to read between the lines or anything... it's put right there in front of your face.... it's okay if you're dumb, you can always join the military and torture people...

aren't you up for an oscar?