Author Topic: Hip Hop is in a state of 911  (Read 341 times)

deeznutzz

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hip Hop is in a state of 911
« on: August 26, 2002, 12:56:55 AM »
I just wanna comment on the state of hip hop and where it's heading.  Cash fucked up hip hop, seriously, go back to the years of 92-95 and you'll find the best years of hip hop.  Albums that dropped in between those years,the chronic,36 chambers doggystyle, ready to die, the diary,illmatic, and i can go on but the fact of the matter is, that was when hip hop was at it's purest.  Nobody was talking about that bling bling shit besides puffy cause cash wasn't pimpin the rap game like it is today. All these artist seem to think there's a formula to making a good record which is to get a dope prod.(dre,tim.rok.tunes,etc)and have a lot of guest app.  Nowadays all the albums that come out are all compilations with different artist on it.  If you don't believe me that cash fucked up hip hop why is that Jay Z,Ja Rule and all these other artist are dropping an album every year, I mean did you listen to the best of both worlds, come on that shit was put out just to make some fucking money. I don't wanna listen to the same album every fucking year with the same beats and recycled lyrics. I think Nas is dropping another album in nov and that just proves my theory. I read somewhere in this forum that someone said that it takes dre like 3-4 years to make an album. Dre is smart because he lets us all anticipate his album and he takes his time cause he doesn't wanna put out some bullshit. Be real,how many of you guys are really anticipating new albums by jayz,ja rule,nas,. Didn't we hear enough of that shit last year.Hip hop needs to change for the better, i know everybody needs a meal ticket but don't sacrifice your talent just for money.I think Wu-Tang said it best.C.R.E.A.M.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Zero4eva

Re: Hip Hop is in a state of 911
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 01:00:43 AM »
it isn't. it never was & it never will be. The internet ruins hiphop. the net is based on hatin & snitchin.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 01:58:37 AM »
I just wanna comment on the state of hip hop and where it's heading.  Cash fucked up hip hop, seriously, go back to the years of 92-95 and you'll find the best years of hip hop.  Albums that dropped in between those years,the chronic,36 chambers doggystyle, ready to die, the diary,illmatic, and i can go on but the fact of the matter is, that was when hip hop was at it's purest.  Nobody was talking about that bling bling shit besides puffy cause cash wasn't pimpin the rap game like it is today. All these artist seem to think there's a formula to making a good record which is to get a dope prod.(dre,tim.rok.tunes,etc)and have a lot of guest app.  Nowadays all the albums that come out are all compilations with different artist on it.  If you don't believe me that cash fucked up hip hop why is that Jay Z,Ja Rule and all these other artist are dropping an album every year, I mean did you listen to the best of both worlds, come on that shit was put out just to make some fucking money. I don't wanna listen to the same album every fucking year with the same beats and recycled lyrics. I think Nas is dropping another album in nov and that just proves my theory. I read somewhere in this forum that someone said that it takes dre like 3-4 years to make an album. Dre is smart because he lets us all anticipate his album and he takes his time cause he doesn't wanna put out some bullshit. Be real,how many of you guys are really anticipating new albums by jayz,ja rule,nas,. Didn't we hear enough of that shit last year.Hip hop needs to change for the better, i know everybody needs a meal ticket but don't sacrifice your talent just for money.I think Wu-Tang said it best.C.R.E.A.M.

hey deez, your nuuutz are on point. i agree with everything you just said.
but the internet doesnt ruin hip hop, yea it ruins album sales, but thats a different story, we are talkin about the quality of the albums, so the net doesnt affect the artists music
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 06:11:51 AM »

I pretty much agree with your 'theory', although I am looking forward to Nas' new album, only 'cos i'm a pretty big fan though, so  ;D There's very few artists that are really prolific and drop quality material within a short period of time, but the ones that do choose to take their time people should respect because you can't rush perfection, as i've been saying about Dre & the upcoming Rakim album. Most classics albums took a good yr or two to complete, people just need to be patient because in the end the anticipation is usually worth it.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

SpawntaneusC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I pledge aligence 2 the West
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2002, 07:27:23 AM »
Jay-z is the best in the game right now and every time an album comes from under his belt its a banger so hes been dropping every year since he came out so dont put hi, in the bullshit catergory
There's a new threat on the west and its about to hit Like the Quake in 94......

Kalloge Entertainment

budsmokeronly

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2002, 08:33:35 AM »
money has definately fucked up the rap game, that and suge knight.  look how many damn artists have their own record labels now, and are doing this shit independent.  I like the independent route, but it seems like some of them are focusing more on the business aspect rather than the music aspect of the game.

big_mike

• Lil Geezy
  • real g's dont die...we multiply...
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2002, 08:55:33 AM »
I AGREE TOTALLY....If you concentrate on the MUSIC the MONEY will come.  

I brought this topic up a while ago:
Name an ARTIST who can give you a FULL "LP" w/o the collabo's...

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2002, 09:29:16 AM »
Yup, monet always messes things up because people ain't in it for the love of music.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2002, 10:18:35 AM »
That's pretty much on point, though hiphop isn't completly ruined. There's still dope shit cumin out, I recently bought "Emergency Rations" (Mr. Lif), Duck Season Vol. 1 (Babu Compilation) and "Blazing Arrow" (Blackalicious) and they're all dope as hell. It's more that today there's a hippop scene were producers use a certain formula and that there are alot of pop listeners who don't want to hear what is called 'real' hiphop. Back in the mid-90's when that pop rap shit didn't really exist yet the LP's that sold best were real shit, today the ones who sell equivalently are mostly pop bitches except for maybe Eminem. That's sad but there's still alot of real shit cumin out monthly

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2002, 10:28:06 AM »
Eminem is now one of those pop bitches
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2002, 10:58:14 AM »
Eminem is now one of those pop bitches

Not really. Whatever u think about his beats he got dope and very special and unique lyrics

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2002, 11:43:11 AM »
He's dope, but I agree about him being pop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE