Author Topic: 5 Greatest Mc's Of All Time  (Read 923 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 5 Greatest Mc's Of All Time
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2005, 01:32:30 AM »
This is a thread for the greatest MCs ever, not your favourite.  So if you have Crooked I or Yukmouth on your list you need to do your homework.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2005, 01:57:04 AM »
shut the fuck up faggot get the hell out of here with your east coast bias shit no one wants to hear about it. i dont like rakim, i dont like nas i dont jay z or 50 or outkast
FUCK THE EASTCOAST, get out of this forum with your east bullshit

yukmouth,c-bo,daz,kurupt,40glocc,spice1,celly cel,jayo felony, roscoe, balance, richie rich, mac dre, too short, e-40, eastwood, b-legit, ice cube, tray dee, bad azz, soopafly are bettet than any on mc on the whole east coast period!

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2005, 02:30:52 AM »
Hard to pick my top 5 mc's of all time, so I'mma name 5 who totally blew me away when I first heard 'em..........

Eazy E, Snoop Dogg, Dj Quik, Ice Cube & hmmmmmm........can't think of any1 else....... ???

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2005, 05:23:08 AM »
This is a thread for the greatest MCs ever, not your favourite.  So if you have Crooked I or Yukmouth on your list you need to do your homework.

yukmouth and crook are shitting on alot of artists and yuk has a huge body of work out there. 

ice cube? scarface?   yuk, crook, techniec...there's a ton of cats shitting all over cube & face.

chuck d?  if you're saying "most influential" sure; but even chuck jokes about how he's not a great mc. 

i'm always unclear as to why cats will say b. smalls and not jay-z, smalls really isn't fucking with hova, especially hova's early work.

i'm unclear as to why redman never gets any mention, he's been a tight lyrcist with a somewhat unique perspective and flow for some time.

and as for kool g rap, rakim and kane?   this isn't like the late '80's and early '90's where noone was fucking with them either.  that level of lyricism cats have been excercising in the past 10 years have brought ra and kane back to earth and back to the pack.  they may be still holding their own, but certainly not the gold standard their material once was. 

alot of these lyricists in the past 10 years have taken notice of what fane and ra were doing, and built on and expanded on those skills.  so to put them in the top 5 is to pay them their due respect, but to ignore that cats have built on and improved on much of what they were doing.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2005, 05:30:25 AM »
fuck u whiteboy u dont know shit about westcoast rap, you have no business being on a westcoast rap forum, look at your sig its the fuckin beatles
why u mad? :)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2005, 08:00:42 AM »
shut the fuck up faggot get the hell out of here with your east coast bias shit no one wants to hear about it. i dont like rakim, i dont like nas i dont jay z or 50 or outkast

yukmouth,c-bo,daz,kurupt,40glocc,spice1,celly cel,jayo felony, roscoe, balance, richie rich, mac dre, too short, e-40, eastwood, b-legit, ice cube, tray dee, bad azz, soopafly are bettet than any on mc on the whole east coast period!

::)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2005, 08:13:55 AM »

;D

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2005, 08:41:40 AM »

Wow. You're either really naive or really stupid.  I sentence you to buy illmatic and listen to it 10 times. And then explain your logic of why those mc's are better than Nas. Then again you're probably 12 years old, so i guess you at least have that arguement.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2005, 08:51:03 AM »

LMAO...jesus..you make us westcoast fans look like retards
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2005, 09:03:51 AM »

word
guys thinking daz and tupac lyrically played in the same league gotta be out their fucking minds!
but i think some ppl really misunderstood the topic

its about who got the best skills behind the mic - daz, crooked i, spice 1 definately are hot - some great westcoast rappers - but they never had the talent nas or tupac has/had

maybe this should have stood in the first post to avoid this misunderstanding

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2005, 09:11:35 AM »
This is hard..so many to name..

Off the top of my head...stuff im really enjoying right now..

1. Gang Starr
2. Masta Ace
3. 2pac
4. Nas
5. Immortal Technique

Because it was later clarified to me that its top 5 Mc's....

Like..some ppl are really good MC's with great flows..and others rap well..but like...i dunno how to explain..is there a difference? Blah..i'll just say what i think the top 5 are in a new context.

1. Gang Starr
2. Nas
3. 2pac
4. Big Daddy Kane
5. Its hard...i wanna say Big L, but not enough material...i wanna say Jay...but somethings holding me back. Then Biggie comes in...oh how could i forget Rakim.

As for the West coast fans...its fine being a fan, but why hate on East coast, its so stupid. U hate on stuff just because its from one certain part of America....maybe its because im from Australia...i dunno...i wouldnt dislike music just being its from Perth and i live in Sydney...its ridiculous.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 09:19:52 AM by ::Mr. Hahn:: »
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2005, 09:20:52 AM »

Wow. You're either really naive or really stupid.  I sentence you to buy illmatic and listen to it 10 times. And then explain your logic of why those mc's are better than Nas. Then again you're probably 12 years old, so i guess you at least have that arguement.

LOL at the sentence. He's prolly 12 yrs old so dont bother arguing with this idiot.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

DAYUM

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2005, 09:26:10 AM »
1. Snoop Dogg
2. Bizzy Bone
3. Biggie
4. Scarface
5. Tray Deee or Z-ro

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2005, 11:05:27 AM »
 to whatever dumbass "ordered" me to buy illmatic and listen to it 10 times, how about your faggot ass by "spice 1 amerikas worst nightmare" or daz"retaliation, revenge, and get back" and your east coast loving ass can hear what rap is all about.

you guys shit on my list for no reason to begin with because of my west love well then you should expect that im going to name 30 rappers from the west that are better than the east.

these forums are all about opinions and my opinion is that I can name anywhere from 40-80 rappers on the west better than any single mc on the east and thats how i feel, so all of you who dissed my picks on your posts you can all eat a dick

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2005, 11:54:01 AM »
to whatever dumbass "ordered" me to buy illmatic and listen to it 10 times, how about your faggot ass by "spice 1 amerikas worst nightmare" or daz"retaliation, revenge, and get back" and your east coast loving ass can hear what rap is all about.

you guys shit on my list for no reason to begin with because of my west love well then you should expect that im going to name 30 rappers from the west that are better than the east.

these forums are all about opinions and my opinion is that I can name anywhere from 40-80 rappers on the west better than any single mc on the east and thats how i feel, so all of you who dissed my picks on your posts you can all eat a dick