Author Topic: Q and A: questions I'm frequently asked about Dre, first question - Detox?  (Read 3229 times)

broken_sword

aaaw, the money i'd pay to enter that vault with a couple of bags :D

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
the money i wud pay jus to enter the vault will gud enuf hey they could even kill me afterwards fuck it!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

mellowmanisback

• Lil Geezy
Yes Interscope was on the brink of extinction when Dre and Suge arrived shopping the Chronic.  Yes Dre basically saved Interscope. So why doesn't Jimmy give Dre the final decision making ability on everything? You gotta ask Jimmy that one.  Dre has total control over his solo albums.  But on anything else Jimmy gives the final yes or no.  Is that fair? No.  Jimmy trusts Dre enough to consult him on everything, but when it comes to giving up the final say Jimmy won't budge.  To be fair Intercope won't release anything of Dre's until he is ready.  But if Jimmy thinks a pop single needs to be added to say the MMLP then Dre and em head back to the studio til Jimmy is happy.  If Interscope is backing the project 100% like 50 or Game they will let Dre work.  But on projects they hedge on like Rakim they have more say.  You would think they wouldn't question Dre on anything but they do.  In the end its up to Dre if he wants more control.  He could leave but the reality is that Dre can't really move to a better situation.  Having the Interscope machine take on a lot of the expenses and support the label's releases is hard to pass up.  In reality Dre should run Interscope, but he doesn't want that much pressure and responsibility. He's comfortable in running Aftermath on his own schedule and still having time for his family and to enjoy the rewards for his hard work.  He has a net worth in the 9 figures so he's comfortable.  I wish Jimmy would let Dre have 100% control but he probably never will.  Who knows though, maybe Jimmy will one day hand the keys of interscope over to Dre and Dre can contol everything he does 100%.  Or maybe Dre will be president of another company someday. Maybe then we will get Oh My God.

Mr. Humonculous

Eminem should leave Interscope those pop singles are gay

The Watcher

appreciate the info as always
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jome

Ey mellow, did you peep my Dr.Dre productions C.V... ??
Is there anything I miss that you can think off, or something that really should be on there.. ??

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Props on the info man.....

How many instrumental tracks does Dre have in the vault?

mellowmanisback

• Lil Geezy
This is my final post for the day.  Sorry I can't answer all your questions.  To the person who asked if Dre's orchestral instrumentations are made on keyboard or by real orchestra's - right now they are made by a number of different keyboards.  I addressed the possiblility of using a real orchestra on The Rakim and Oh My God topic.  Bottom line one day Dre hopes to use a full orchestra to play a piece of music he composed.  Dre's currently really trying to learn written music, but writing his own orchestral pieces is still many years away. So most orchestral sounds on Dre productions will be composed over the keyboard but you may be surprised with a full orchestra Dre production out of the blue any time ;)

Last question
Q: What does Dre consider his best productions? What do i consider his best? Dre loves stuff like little ghetto boy, those type of tracks.  With the exception of Straight Outta Comptom he likes most tracks he produced.  But I won't speak for him.  What do I think are dre's greatest productions? I won't bore you with the obvious ones like In Da Club or Nuthin But A G Thang or still dre.  I'll list some I think have flown under the radar but I think are classics - so here you go

Eazy E    
         Eazy-Duz-It (great dre played keyboard bassline intro and crazy samples)
         Eazy Street
         2 Hard Muthas (perfectly eq'd yella live drums)
N.W.A.

Panic Zone (an old old track - song topic kinda goofy but great production - i keep telling dre to replay, remake and mix the beat so it has better quality
Parental Discretion Iz Advised (monster bass line, great live drums and cool piano)
Dopeman
Sa prize (F the police 2) classic Dre
100  miles and runnin
Approach to Danger
real Niggaz Don't Die  (incredible guitar driven track, the entire album is incredbly produced - this contains my favorite Dre sample ever)

Michelle - no More Lies (dre gets little credit for starting r and b with a hip hop feel. but the sound he produced for michelle paved the way for Mary J)

Above the law  
Murder rap (great dre drums, the sirens are towering during the chorus)
Untouchable (The special Dr. Dre remix - a rarely heard classic - with help I may be able to post it)

D.O.C.
The whole No one can do it better is a unheralded rap classic
Funky enough
the grand final (maybe the greatest posse cut ever)
3 rare dre remixes  (again I may be able to hook up with help)
The formula (dr. dre fm remix)
The D.O.C. and the Doctor (noisy mix)
Mind Blowin (Remix)

Busta Rhymes  trunk Volume
D12- Fight music & revelation
obie trice - Oh (detox style production change ups in each verse) and the set up

Dre solo
The watcher 1 and 2
Some La Niggaz
keep their heads ringin
The beat at the end of the next episode video mix
The Let me Ride remix with george clinton
Natural Born Killaz - maybe my favorite Dre production ever -
  dark creepy and monsterous!!
One Eight Seven (original version)
The Wash
The Day the niggaz took over
little ghetto boy
nigga witta gun
california love remix
Phone tap (the firm) great upright bassline
Xzibit - bitch please -another great upright bass line
Snoop  - the shiznit
Gz and hustlaz  (great use of samples by Dre)
The doggpound - niggaz don't give a f
U can't see me
bad guys always die
all in the same gang (dre added some great production changes for certain artists)
encore, mosh, never enough
business
rich girl (gwen is easily my favorite artist and sexiest (WOW) I've ever worked with - although dre is tough on her they work great with each other)

I think thats it  - i'm sure I can think of more but I am done here today.  
one more thing  - for those who want dre to produce a ghetto metal rock and roll album - don't give up - i'm working on Dre
Peace and continued success and good health to everyone and their familys  - for now I am ghost - talk to you down the line
Thanks for your support - and have no fear Dre will come through for you on Detox - or die trying.
LATER

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
im sure sum1 can help you with postin those songs up.. theres always yousendit.com & soundclick and all of those places

all those songs u listed are good beats... i heard the How We Do beat was made in 1983 is the original song out for every1 to hear or is it in 'the vault'?

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
aaaw, the money i'd pay to enter that vault with a couple of bags :D

that would be a dream come true

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
this thread makes for a damn interresting read...

The Watcher

im pretty sure Game said the 'how we do' beat sounded like it was from '83.. not it was made in '83
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
Tell Kirdis & Focus, Cato said whats up ;) Thanks for posting here Mell ...

Don Seer

real Niggaz Don't Die  (incredible guitar driven track, the entire album is incredbly produced - this contains my favorite Dre sample ever)

Above the law  
Murder rap (great dre drums, the sirens are towering during the chorus)
Untouchable (The special Dr. Dre remix - a rarely heard classic - with help I may be able to post it)

sorry to add some negative points..

hutch has claimed dre stole real niggaz.. it was on the earlier version of the 100 miles EP, but removed from later runs.. then ended up on EFIL4ZAGGIN

i have a copy of the original 100 MIles CD signed by Dre framed on my wall at home :)

hutch has also claimed dre didnt produce anything on Livin Like Hustlers

i cant find the interview right now.. i've had a good look.. i think it was on the old Above The Law site.. ATLs road manager Damon-X who organised the creation of the site used to post here.. he still reads the forums.. but doesnt post often...  i'd guess he posted it up in the first place

3 rare dre remixes  (again I may be able to hook up with help)
The formula (dr. dre fm remix)
The D.O.C. and the Doctor (noisy mix)
Mind Blowin (Remix)

i have the mind blowin mix it is nice.. . and maybe one of hte others.. once before you said something about a Whirlwind Pyramid remix?

i've been hunting the others.. :)

as for posting things.. what do you need... can handle gettnig these tracks up if you can get them to me
« Last Edit: February 11, 2005, 03:08:14 AM by Overseer »

Okka

Nice "interview", man i would be happy as HELL of i could ever get to the vault...