Author Topic: Q and A: questions I'm frequently asked about Dre, first question - Detox?  (Read 3234 times)

Bomb-A®

its nice to read ur threads as always
i just think that some1 should convince dre to be more approachable and he should do a few interviews....that way people wouldnt just speculate and get away wit saying shit...but i dont suppose any1 can force him to do that

peace

dexter

Whats up with the Lawsuits Madonna Etc????

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop  - the shiznit

That track was revolutionary musically. That flute, the baseline, you can hear the chime in the background, how clean the drums sound, back then drums were grimy and shit. Everytime I listen to Doggystyle, I listen to that song over and over and I hear something new.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Like Overseer Said mellowman, hit us up and we can sort out those tracks being uploaded to the massess for you through dubcnn/dubcnm :)

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

blockstar

• 'G'
thanks for taking the time out and answering questions

mellowmanisback

• Lil Geezy
What's up funk lovers.  I don't have much time but I wanted to stop in to see if i needed to add anything more to this post and maybe get back to a few people on the messages.  I can't comment much on any lawsuit except to say the madonna one is complete bullshit. just cause not today is sung a little bit like holiday don't warrant a lawsuit  - it was pure coincidence.  the music we put together on that track, in my opinion, sounds nothing like holiday. I don't hear a funky ass live bass on that poppy madonna track.  Oh well thats a huge problem with music as we move forward.  there is only so much you can do when creating to avoid having some similarity to something out there.  there is so much music out there you could probably find a old song that has some similarity to any new song that comes out if you looked hard enough. lawsuits in the music industry could get way outta control over the next few years.
As far as Dre doing more interviews good luck.  dre ain't much on self promotion. he would rather sit back and watch.  when a new record needs to be supported he'll get out there in front of people but other than that he don't want much attention.  Dre really don't give a fuck much about what people say.  he cares when people doubt his production skills but he just ain't the type of cat to worry about all that other bullshit out there.
as far as Big Hutch aka Cold187 always whining about dre stealing from him and claiming this and that I find it pretty funny. Ain't Hutch in jail?  Believe me I have done my research about dre and i think I've talked to somebody about every dre track out there - someone who was involved or around when it was produced.  Ren and DOC have always said dre was the main producer on every nwa project.  I've talked to Mike Simms a few times and he and colin wolfe played most of the live instruments on the 100 miles and runnin ep and efil4zaggin.  Since its one of my favorite productions ever, I've talked to Mike about Real Niggaz Don't Die as he played guitar on it. he was in there when Dre was creating the track and putting in the Rare Earth sample, so I don't believe Hutch at all.  I'll take the word of mike and Dre over hutch any day.  
To be fair i have never met Hutch and I wasn't there when him and Dre were around, I just don't believe him.  I do know a lot of the Living Like Hustlers was near completion when Dre jumped in.  Dre added to the existing tracks that Cold 187 and ATL had put down.  The only 3 above the law tracks Dre produced on his own was The Last Song, Murder Rap and The What Cha Can Prove Untouchable remix.  Dre has always said the rest of the album was mostly Big Hutch.  Dre just did some additional production and added some things to make it better structured.  But if Hutch wants to let his jeolosy of Dre consume his life thats his problem.  The fact is Dre blew up and he didn't.  Hutch is no doubt a great producer, just listen to Deep Az the Root and Black Mafia Life. Good shit.  But Hutch needs to worry about saving his own life not sweat Dre's success.  As for Dre stealing his sound for the Chronic, even though they sampled some of the same p-funk artists there is a big difference in the sound of Black Mafia Life and The Chronic. In my opinion they don't sound anything like each other. If anything Dre was inspired by DJ Quik's just like Compton and Quiks groove 2 as he was working on The Chronic.  
The fact is no one will really know the truth about who produced what.  All the people who try to take credit for Dre are struggling and are bitter of his success.  I base my confidence in Dre never putting his name as producer when he actually wasn't on two things.  The biggeest is that I have worked with him for a lot of years.  When Dre puts his name as a producer of a track trust me Dre is the producer and main orchestrator. The other is that I have talked with artists and musicians who were there before i joined up with Dre.  They witnessed Dre building all those atomic bombs.  But if you want to believe Hutch, Daz and Suge Knight over dre, snoop, doc, em, cube, ren, game, nate dogg, 50, xzibit, busta, Jimmy Iovine and many others go ahead.  
The other DOC remix I forgot wasn't The Whirlwind pyramid, it was Portrait of A Masterpiece remix (The only Dre produced house/techno beat ever)
The How We Do Beat was not from 83, its just suppose to sound like something from back in the day.  Dre pulled out the 808 drums and gave it a old school flavor.
If I get time I'll hunt up the DOC songs out of my Dre catologue.  It might be a week or it might be months but I'll try to get back here someday and get them out there for all y'all. 
But for now I gotta pull a capser and disappear like a        

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
hey man, this is an important question to me...so If you could find the time to answer this one It would mean alot to me...
what producers in the game does dre respect besides the obvious ( dj quik, hi tek, jelly roll, battle cat, scott storch  etc.)  I wanna know about producers from other coasts and producers from camps outside his own that spark his creativity and his competitive nature.

mauzip

he cares when people doubt his production skills but he just ain't the type of cat to worry about all that other bullshit out there.         

how did he take the negative critics on Just Lose It?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wanna know if there will be any skits on Detox?  The skits on his previous two albums are nothing but fast forward material now.  They might be funny or entertaining at first, but now I could care less about them and I just wanna get on to the next song.  I hate having to reach for the fast forward button after every track on the second half of 2001.  Hopefully I won't have to do that with Detox.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Hey Mellowman... just a couple quick questions on this shit.

What's up with Dre and Xzibit, and why wasn't any Dre tracks on Xzibit's shit? Is there hard feelings between the two, especially with Game dissing X?

Also, what's Dre think of his artist starting shit now, like 50 Cent and Game basically trying to take over?

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
nice reading, tnx :)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I wanna know if there will be any skits on Detox?  The skits on his previous two albums are nothing but fast forward material now.  They might be funny or entertaining at first, but now I could care less about them and I just wanna get on to the next song.  I hate having to reach for the fast forward button after every track on the second half of 2001.  Hopefully I won't have to do that with Detox.

Word up, I'd even go that far to say that skits longer than 10 seconds downgrade albums in general on a long-term basis.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ruthless

• Lil Geezy
Props for taking out the time to do this.

If you ever check this thread again, then please tell us; what's a typical studio session like? how is the working process when you're working with Dre?

Peace.

You can't fool all the people all of the time
But if you fool the right ones, then the rest will fall behind

dpgkingpin

• 'G'
a few q's:

how much does a musician have to be involved with the creation of a beat to earn the title "co-producer"? fx people like scott  storch and mike elizondo has co-producer credits on virtually every dre beat. does it mean that they come up with the basic melody and sounds of the beat?

2nd: when did mark batson get involved with aftermath? he apparently came out of nowhere producing on eminems last album. is he working on detox too?

3rd: was Ron Feemster telling the truth when he said he co-produced all those tracks in the source magazine? cause it seems odd to me, since he got the publishing rights and was mentioned as musician in the booklets.

Is Mel Man working on the Detox production?

Do u know if Kurupt, Xzibit or Hittman will appear on Detox?