Author Topic: Man dies after police use stun gun  (Read 163 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Man dies after police use stun gun
« on: February 11, 2005, 08:45:17 AM »
Man dies after police use stun gun

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- A man died after Chicago police used a Taser stun gun to subdue him Thursday, just days after a teenager was critically injured in a similar incident that prompted a lawsuit against the city.

Police said they used the stun gun when they were unable to restrain an unruly 54-year-old man who was fighting with officers at a high-rise building on the city's North Side Thursday afternoon.

The man went into cardiac arrest and later died, according to Chicago Fire Department spokesman Larry Langford. Authorities did not identify the man Thursday evening.

Police Cmdr. Michael Chasen said the man was trying to kick and bite officers and threatening to infect them with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

"'I'm going to kill you with my blood,"' Chasen quoted the man as saying.

The death came the same day an official with the Department of Children and Family Services sued the city and a police officer who used a stun gun on a 14-year-old boy on Monday. The boy, who also went into cardiac arrest, remained hospitalized Thursday night.

Police Superintendent Philip Cline defended the officers' use of the weapons at a news conference but said the department will delay plans to increase its number of stun guns.

"We remain confident that the use of Tasers in Chicago has made our streets, our citizens and our police safer," Cline said.

In Monday's incident, authorities were called to a group home after the teen injured his hand in a violent outburst. The Taser gun was used after he teen lunged at an officer, police said.

But Cook County Public Guardian Robert Harris said reports indicated the boy had already calmed down and was sitting on a couch when police arrived.

Jennifer Hoyle, a spokeswoman for the city's law department, said she could not comment on the lawsuit because city officials hadn't had a chance to review it.

Harris did not return a call seeking comment Thursday about the lawsuit or the teen's condition.

The stun weapons temporarily paralyze people with a 50,000-volt jolt delivered by two barbed darts whose current can penetrate clothing.

The Chicago City Council has voted to look into police alternatives to Taser guns in response to concerns about the stun guns' safety.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Man dies after police use stun gun
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 08:45:37 AM »
crazy mofo desrved it

Matrix Heart

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 11:40:19 AM »
Fuck that I would have shot him if he said that to me.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 11:58:09 AM »
It's funny when they use it on Cops. It usually chills a muhfucka out real quick.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 02:57:01 PM »

rafsta

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 06:21:39 PM »
how do you all know if he deserved it ? maybe he was framed and the cops wanted to lock him up and he was fighting for his rights.... a stun gun is generally a safe weapon, but if they held the gun on him it could fuck him up, but its always been known it can fuck your heart up etc, its the same with everything too much will kill you..

my verdict (just to be different) the cops were pissed at him thought that tehir corrupted force doesnt deserve aids and so the held the tazar on him for too long... end of story, an innocent sick person dies again at the hands of corrupted police officers.