Author Topic: Great White Leaders In History?  (Read 253 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Great White Leaders In History?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2005, 10:58:23 AM »
The bottom line is that Martin Luther lead a revolution on the Catholic Church, trying to prevent them from going further in the wrong direction. He suppsively wrote anti semtic remarks in his dying years but never showed anything in his actions that are consistent with those remarks. I think it's a shame that the world in general never gives the benefit of the doubt and always takes the bad indtead of the good. If a man says great things but does bad things he's bad, but if he does great things but says bad things, he's still look upon as bad. A hypocrite is a hypocrite. If it works one way it should work the other way.

As for Em; Beaties Check Your Head album was very innoavtive and skillful. Same goes for Paul's Boutique. It's also different in the sense that Blacks were not allowed in the league before Robinson (actually there were a couple but they didn't last). With Em it was just a case of whites doing other types of music. It was unfair for blacks not to be able to play in the MLB and have to stay in the negro leagues, because of the money differences. It was not unfair that there were not that many white rappers when compared to white grunge rockers. When Dre and Snoop we're going 4 and 5 platinum Nirvana and Pearl Jam were going 10 and 11 platinum. When JaY Z was making 15 million form a 5 platinum album, Paul McCartney was making over 150 million on tour. When Eminem made 15 million from the Eminem Show, Toby Keith made 30 million from Shock 'N Y'all. There was always a profitable alternative for whites in music. That was not the case for blacks.