Author Topic: Worst Album Titles  (Read 512 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Worst Album Titles
« on: February 12, 2005, 10:08:58 AM »
1.  "2001" -  I think we can blame this one on Suge.  Dre origionally wanted to name it Chronic 2, then Chronic 2000, but when Suge stole that title for the Death Row Compilation, Dre put the album out and forgot to come up with a decent title, they must of slapped "2001" on the album at the last minute.  To this day I don't know what the real title of the album is, if it's "Dr. Dre 2001" or if it's just "2001", yet still they call it in interviews "Chronic 2001" and "Chronic 2".  Nevermind that this album was released in 1999, I don't know what 2001 had to do with anything.  I don't think they ever made there mind up about what to call this album.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 10:48:49 AM by Muharram 1426 A.H. »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Worst Album Titles
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 10:11:29 AM »
i love 2001 (the name & the album), and with the album cover its mad dope...

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 10:23:47 AM »
I don't think 2001 is that bad, but you're right it's all confusing with people calling it Chronic 2001 and all that.

Just a few bad album titles that come to my mind...

Sticky Fingaz - Decade               (been here for a decade, now what, are you trying to prove you fell off?)
50 Cent - Guess who's back       (damn, that's a tired name)
Nas - I am...                             (you'd expect something more creative from the east's greatest lyricist at the time)
2Pac - Loyal to the game           (Eminem ruining an album has nothing to do with loyalty)
Lil Kim - Notorious K.I.M.            (negro please...)
Tha Alkaholiks - Coast II Coast    (what's Tha Liks got to do with being bicoastal?)
Snoop Dogg - The masterpiece  (masterpiece my ass... average album, calling it rhythm and gangsta is bullshit too)
Ja Rule - R.U.L.E.                      (his alias is just about as pathetic as this album title... he rules the r&b gangstas. great archievement)
Terror Squad - True story          (where's the story of this album?)

Can't think of any others off the top of my head right now.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 10:25:45 AM by Elevz the hairy bal-hed »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 10:40:09 AM »
I don't think 2001 is that bad, but you're right it's all confusing with people calling it Chronic 2001 and all that.

Sticky Fingaz - Decade               (been here for a decade, now what, are you trying to prove you fell off?)
Nas - I am...                             (you'd expect something more creative from the east's greatest lyricist at the time)
2Pac - Loyal to the game           (Eminem ruining an album has nothing to do with loyalty)
Tha Alkaholiks - Coast II Coast    (what's Tha Liks got to do with being bicoastal?)
Snoop Dogg - The masterpiece  (masterpiece my ass... average album, calling it rhythm and gangsta is bullshit too)
Ja Rule - R.U.L.E.                      (his alias is just about as pathetic as this album title... he rules the r&b gangstas. great archievement)

Word... you came correct on all those album titles, nice commentary.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 11:17:14 AM »
alkaholiks, west coast group, east coast sound. 2+2=...

alaskanbrad

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 11:44:45 AM »
"dookie"

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »

lol seriously fool.. gay titles

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2005, 12:36:11 PM »
1.  "2001" -  I think we can blame this one on Suge.  Dre origionally wanted to name it Chronic 2, then Chronic 2000, but when Suge stole that title for the Death Row Compilation, Dre put the album out and forgot to come up with a decent title, they must of slapped "2001" on the album at the last minute.  To this day I don't know what the real title of the album is, if it's "Dr. Dre 2001" or if it's just "2001", yet still they call it in interviews "Chronic 2001" and "Chronic 2".  Nevermind that this album was released in 1999, I don't know what 2001 had to do with anything.  I don't think they ever made there mind up about what to call this album.

you stupid son a slut 2001 was named that becuz it was ahead of its time the beats and shit dre felt like it was going to be the shit better than any album that came out in 99 and dre felt that is were his production was at years ahead of the game.l and i think there are far stupider titles like all of ja rules albums yeah nas' i am... what the fuck is that about and ill think of a few of my own though

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2005, 04:01:34 PM »
the title "2001" ain't that great, i agree. Not to mention it also got The Game confused...
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 06:43:19 PM »
the chocolat starfish and the hot dog flavored water
just about the worst album title ever. the cd was also pretty bad

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 07:40:03 PM »
Dirty - Keep it Gangsta & Pimpin

Ja Rule - Pain is Love

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2005, 07:43:52 PM »
Lil O - Da Fat Rat Wit Da Cheeze

Never even heard a song from this cat, but when I read the album title, I instantly remember him because it's so wack.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2005, 06:06:41 AM »
"dookie"
funny how the title of the album i just listened to pops up in this topic, not even being anything close to hiphop. I like that title tho, classic shit also

right now i'm lazy and unable to think of any myself

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 01:13:12 PM »
Nevermind that this album was released in 1999, I don't know what 2001 had to do with anything.  I don't think they ever made there mind up about what to call this album.

2001 is the first year of the millennium.

The offical calander started on the year 1 not 0. So technically 2000 years later was 2001.

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 09:42:06 PM »
nelly sweat and suithalf the album that come out on cash money