Poll

How many of ya'll go to a gym?

Nope.
I don't, but I'd like to sometime
I signed up, but went 'like once'
Yes

Author Topic: How many of ya'll go to a gym?  (Read 374 times)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: How many of ya'll go to a gym?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 03:54:18 PM »
I just go to play indoor soccer... I ball everyone up...

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 04:04:48 PM »
I lift weights and excersise, but i do it at my home. i dont have the money to join a gym.

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 05:45:58 PM »
Yeah i do...

I really enjoy my time there...since uni and work i dont get much tme for sports any more so logically i joined the gym, but i was going to gym since i was in grade 10..so its a habit that i've just kept up...

But i'm really into the whole bodybuilding thing...
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

ecrazy

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 05:47:40 PM »
I Play Basketball Tues & Thurs. @ 11, Then Go To The Gym @ 12 Every Day @ Skool, On Tues & Thurs. I take it lighter or dont go thru the entire circuit thing they have there (At The Fitness center, they have this thing where you get on a weight machine for a min, pause for 30 sec. get on a bike for a minute, and it keeps doing that for like 30 machines, total body workout, thats the circuit)

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 05:51:29 PM »
I Play Basketball Tues & Thurs. @ 11, Then Go To The Gym @ 12 Every Day @ Skool, On Tues & Thurs. I take it lighter or dont go thru the entire circuit thing they have there (At The Fitness center, they have this thing where you get on a weight machine for a min, pause for 30 sec. get on a bike for a minute, and it keeps doing that for like 30 machines, total body workout, thats the circuit)

I used to do shit liek that too. 3 reps of hitting the weights, clap push-ups/jumps, hit the treadmill for 45 sec, then more clap push-ups/jumps.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 05:53:39 PM »
I go 3 times a week and I have been lifting since i was 13. I weightabout 210 and I am trting to get cut now I take Creatine, Glutamine, Falx Seed Oil for supps.

Acgrundy

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 06:20:06 PM »
doing cardio when you are lifting weights is not a good idea.  not only does it burn your energy that you would use for lifting it also burns the muscle that you are getting from lifting the weights.

If you are doing cardio and weightlifting, do them on separate days.  or go to the gym twice a day.  do cardio in the morning, and weightlifting in the evening.  otherwise you are pretty much wasting your time with the weightlifting and working extremely inefficiently.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 07:32:52 PM »
doing cardio when you are lifting weights is not a good idea.  not only does it burn your energy that you would use for lifting it also burns the muscle that you are getting from lifting the weights.

If you are doing cardio and weightlifting, do them on separate days.  or go to the gym twice a day.  do cardio in the morning, and weightlifting in the evening.  otherwise you are pretty much wasting your time with the weightlifting and working extremely inefficiently.

seems to be working for me.  ???  I lift for about 2 hours then i run for 40 minutes. i jsut started about 3 weeks ago and im not even on a serious schedule like in the summer. i started at reppin 165 3 sets of 8 and now im reppin 195 3 sets of 8. i try to stay away from the bench now though and i go with dumbbells.

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 07:55:46 PM »
i want to join a gym, but its so damn expensive so i just do push-ups n situps at home but it sux cuz like i dont have a schedule that lays out set n reps n i really dont know lot of exercises to do

Acgrundy

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005, 07:59:34 PM »

seems to be working for me. ??? I lift for about 2 hours then i run for 40 minutes. i jsut started about 3 weeks ago and im not even on a serious schedule like in the summer. i started at reppin 165 3 sets of 8 and now im reppin 195 3 sets of 8. i try to stay away from the bench now though and i go with dumbbells.

its working because you just started 3 weeks ago.  when you first start lifting, is the only time it will work.  think about it, how can you bulk up and lose weight at the same time?  doesn't work.

kellyboy

• 'G'
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2005, 08:21:38 PM »
yeah i got at 3-4 times a week...its fun and its a good way to spend time, not waste it. i need to stay fit in the off season for football, and am pursuing wrestling too...sall good

The Watcher

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005, 08:42:56 PM »
not me, but i've got a bunch of back/neck/shoulder problems, so i have to do situps/pushups/crunches and a whole bunch of exercises each night, i also do kickboxing & jiu jitsu 2 times a week each
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2005, 09:13:19 PM »
Sit ups are my biggest problem man lol. I HATE EM. I still do em though because I look at ym dad's big ass beer gut and I don't want to end up like him.

Like Mr. X to the Z said, I only wanna be on my back for fuckin these hoes and weightliftin, not sit ups  :(
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2005, 09:26:53 PM »

seems to be working for me. ??? I lift for about 2 hours then i run for 40 minutes. i jsut started about 3 weeks ago and im not even on a serious schedule like in the summer. i started at reppin 165 3 sets of 8 and now im reppin 195 3 sets of 8. i try to stay away from the bench now though and i go with dumbbells.

its working because you just started 3 weeks ago.  when you first start lifting, is the only time it will work.  think about it, how can you bulk up and lose weight at the same time?  doesn't work.

well as of now im trying to get more ripped and jsut gain strength not mass. in early to late april when i begin gettin more itme i will start taking whey protien. i see what your saying. but for right now it wont hurt me in the long run will it?

Acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2005, 09:34:03 PM »
Sit ups are my biggest problem man lol. I HATE EM. I still do em though because I look at ym dad's big ass beer gut and I don't want to end up like him.

Like Mr. X to the Z said, I only wanna be on my back for fuckin these hoes and weightliftin, not sit ups :(

sit ups don't burn fat, they build stomach muscle.  so if your worried about getting a big ass beer gut, do cardio, and basically don't drink as much beer and eat a lot of fatty foods.  you can do a 1000 situps a day, and it ain't really gonna help much against getting fat.