Author Topic: Compton or Brooklyn?  (Read 758 times)

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Compton or Brooklyn?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 04:40:43 PM »
Your ass must be on serious crack..  As for as being better in rapping, I agree but, breaking down barriers, going platinum all the time and better music production..  CPT got that shit on LOCK!!

I agree with Dr. Dre and N.W.A being more influential than anyone from Brooklyn.  But that's about it for Compton.  Name three MCs from Compton on the same level as Kane, Big and Jay. 
Da Beatminerz, RZA and DJ Premier have set standards productionwise. 
Going platinum?  Look at Jay and Big.

Nobody in Brooklyn or New York makes better hip hop music than Dre or Quik..  That's why all the NY artist be all over Dre's dick and wanting a beat...  CPT> BK

But the question is about impact not skillz, it's pretty hard to argue against the influence compton has had on rap music

::)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 04:45:07 PM »
But the question is about impact not skillz, it's pretty hard to argue against the influence compton has had on rap music

But Compton pretty much just equals Dre/Cube/N.W.A and DJ Quik.  They are very influencial but I don't think they are more influencial than Big Daddy Kane, Jay-Z, Biggie, Boot Camp, Gang Starr and half of the Wu-Tang Clan combined.

stinga4lyfe

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 05:01:38 PM »

But Compton pretty much just equals Dre/Cube/N.W.A and DJ Quik.  They are very influencial but I don't think they are more influencial than Big Daddy Kane, Jay-Z, Biggie, Boot Camp, Gang Starr and half of the Wu-Tang Clan combined.

OH, you don't think?  Okay...I'm not going to sit here and write down every MC that's been influenced by Compton Group/MC's or whatever but, it's much larger than any MC you just named...  The people you just named were influenced by NWA, read the old articles when they talk about NWA saying "Fuck tha police" and all that shit..  They wouldn't be saying the shit that they say on their album if it wasn't for Compton so, again, you haven't proven your point about Brooklyn..     

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 05:03:43 PM »

the whole rapper/actor thing was started by cube, and as a rapper his influence is as big as any of those you mentioned, dre's influence is self explanatory, quik influence on production in terms of takin it to new levels is pretty big, the more i think about it, brooklyn has more influential figures, but the few from compton who do have influence have HUGE influence, so it's pretty close.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 06:36:08 PM »

....dont forget talib & mos def, kool moe dee, whodini, rob swift, jarobi from a tribe called quest, AZ, jeru, the fat boys, etc.....

compton has had a pretty large affect on rap as well and i love quik, dre, and cube..

we should give credit to both cities. they're both amazing cities with a lot of potential. after all this is just another matter of opinion....

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 07:04:38 PM »
compton.

everyone knows redman and hurricane g run new york, and they're from jersey.   how the fuck are cats from another state gonna run your city?

and hip hop started in the west, not in the bronx and sure as hell not in brooklyn.

Hip-Hop started in the west..um no. It was New York, mainly Bronx.
^ i love the west but facts are facts

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 07:11:39 PM »
I think compton is far more influencial on gangsta rap.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 07:15:26 PM »
redman and hurricane g have been running shit in the nyc since '94.

ok now that's possibly the dumbest thing i've ever heard. who the fuck cares about hurricane G? and everybody and their mama know that redman represents 'da bricks'

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2005, 09:17:58 AM »
I think without N.W.A the gangsta rap wouldn't be so pupular lik it's now, because every rapper is influenced by their style! I think all started in Compton!! I could be that there are more rapper from Brooklyn witch are popular at the moment...but how I said before, this wouldn't be when N.W.A hadn't existed!!

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2005, 09:53:24 AM »
I'm sorry homie but I haven't seen too many people breaking down the door to get production from the Beatminerz or Premier..

Ever heard of Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G, Big Daddy Kane, Common, Snoop Dogg, Ras Kass, Xzibit...
i dont remember any of these nigggas breaking anything but there backs ill bump any of the killifornia artists before some new york shit and snoop dogg on your list dman you a bummy nigga  COMPTON, CALIFORNIA>>>>>>anywhere in new york. and beatminerz never heard of them and i am very intellctual in this rap shit

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2005, 09:57:56 AM »
compton.

everyone knows redman and hurricane g run new york, and they're from jersey.   how the fuck are cats from another state gonna run your city?

and hip hop started in the west, not in the bronx and sure as hell not in brooklyn.

we will never REALLY know where this shit started feveryone gonna say new york but thats is just cuz that is what youve been told or wht has supposedly documented fuck that i bet it was like in chicago or somewhere else but i dont care the west mad it and that is that fuck where it was mad compton over brooklyn anyday and back then rakim is very fucking overated and so is  almost every fucking rapper from there it like they dont even go to school anymore they sell drugs for like two years and then rap so they have something to talkk about i want to hear that ali shit where gang banging is biblical and shit though the last post above this one that i made was menat in no disrespect this one isnt either.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2005, 10:08:06 AM »
we will never REALLY know where this shit started feveryone gonna say new york but thats is just cuz that is what youve been told or wht has supposedly documented fuck that i bet it was like in chicago or somewhere else but i dont care the west mad it and that is that fuck where it was mad compton over brooklyn anyday and back then rakim is very fucking overated and so is  almost every fucking rapper from there it like they dont even go to school anymore they sell drugs for like two years and then rap so they have something to talkk about i want to hear that ali shit where gang banging is biblical and shit though the last post above this one that i made was menat in no disrespect this one isnt either.

::)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2005, 03:01:06 PM »
compton.

everyone knows redman and hurricane g run new york, and they're from jersey.   how the fuck are cats from another state gonna run your city?

^^ this, my friends, is a run on sentence.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2005, 03:04:35 PM »
I'm sorry homie but I haven't seen too many people breaking down the door to get production from the Beatminerz or Premier..

Ever heard of Rakim, KRS-One, Nas, Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G, Big Daddy Kane, Common, Snoop Dogg, Ras Kass, Xzibit...
i dont remember any of these nigggas breaking anything but there backs ill bump any of the killifornia artists before some new york shit and snoop dogg on your list dman you a bummy nigga  COMPTON, CALIFORNIA>>>>>>anywhere in new york. and beatminerz never heard of them and i am very intellctual in this rap shit

^^ and i'm willing to bet that you've never even been anywhere near new york. there are probably just as many people in new york that would bump any of the new york artists before some compton shit. what an ignorant ass thing to say. "where i'm from >>>>>anywhere near where you're from."

it seems that this whole thread has nothing to do with facts or history, it's all based on someone's perception of the two cities. and, of course, if you relate yourself to one or the other that's obviously the one you're going to say is better.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 03:28:34 PM »

Hahaha...I didn't even see this.

and beatminerz never heard of them and i am very intellctual in this rap shit

No, no you're not.
Do your homework son.