Author Topic: The Bush Budget & More Republican Hypocrisy.  (Read 106 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Bush Budget & More Republican Hypocrisy.
« on: February 13, 2005, 09:43:18 PM »
Historically it has  been ironic that the "red states" who believe in republican values like personal responsibility, small government, and financial independence have in recent decades recieved a far larger share of government assistance than the blue states.  Yes, if you check the stats, you will find that the states who claim to share republican values are actually the states that live off of government aid. 

The Bush Budget only furthers this trend by increasing the gap in government spending between red and blue states.  This is a perfect example of republican hypocrisy.  Complaining all day about black people living off welfare, while in reality, republicans states are the ones that recieve the a disproportionate amount of government assistance.

Anyways:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: The Bush Budget & More Republican Hypocrisy.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 11:54:06 PM »
that's interesting i agree  but instead of saying it's hypocrisy, maybe the reason why they believe in NOT living on the government is because they have to and don't like it. also you're making a blanket statement saying that all red states are complaining about blacks are living off the government.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 06:09:55 AM »
also you're making a blanket statement

does ant know how to make any other kind of statement?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:37:59 AM »
also you're making a blanket statement

does ant know how to make any other kind of statement?

It is common sense to realize that everyone in a 'red state' or 'blue state' is not alike.  Everyone in NY isn't democrat, and everyone in texas isn't a republican.  These things should be considered obvious.   Of course all 'red staters' aren't complaining about these things, but ideas like personal responsibility and financial indepedence are core republican principles.  Thats why I talked about republican hypocrisy and not 'red state' hypocrisy.  That why I said it is ironic that states who have republican majorities (i.e. states where the majority of the population belongs to a party that believes in financial independence and personal responsibility) recieve a proportionally higher amount of government aid than do the states with democratic majorities.