Author Topic: gay marriages  (Read 1433 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: gay marriages
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2005, 11:14:46 AM »
I think my point is clear. Let gay people do what they want as long as they're not harming any others by it. If that includes getting married in front of the church like heterosexual couples... Why discriminate?

How are they discriminated against?  Each homosexual individual has the same rights as a heterosexual individual.

I picture this situation like it's a club.  To join you have to follow certain rules and guidelines.  These people don't want to follow them yet still join.  It's bullshit. 
It doesn't affect me either way but I just don't like them making a big issue outta this. 

Elevz

Re: gay marriages
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2005, 04:30:06 PM »
I think my point is clear. Let gay people do what they want as long as they're not harming any others by it. If that includes getting married in front of the church like heterosexual couples... Why discriminate?

How are they discriminated against?  Each homosexual individual has the same rights as a heterosexual individual.

I picture this situation like it's a club.  To join you have to follow certain rules and guidelines.  These people don't want to follow them yet still join.  It's bullshit. 
It doesn't affect me either way but I just don't like them making a big issue outta this. 

It's true, it's not following the rules as they are. But why not change the rules? Why shouldn't gay marriages be allowed? If heterosexual people get the chance to marry those they fell in love with, I don't see why homosexuals shouldn't be allowed to. Traditions are there to be broken. Why do you care about not allowing them to get married?