Author Topic: finally filled up my 200 disc cd case  (Read 791 times)

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
Re: fianlly filled up my 200 disc cd case
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 01:08:20 AM »
Could you upload these :

Daz - RAW
Daz - This Is The Life I Lead
Who Ride With Us Vol. 1 & 2
DJ Quik - Under The Influence

If u can't up all of them.....can u at least upload Daz - RAW...

mauzip

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 03:21:31 AM »
Montell Jordon - More...
Montell Jordon - Montell Jordan
Raphael Saadiq - instant vintage
Still Mo Bounce

These would be nice.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 03:56:42 AM »
you need to cop

Makaveli - The 7 day theory

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 07:31:18 AM »
Chronic 2000 Plz

Thats would be great.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 07:41:12 AM »
Needles Kane:
gangsta rap is a fad

that's a very mtv approach to looking at the music.  cats that listened to the music because it was the latest fad, and not because they appreciated the music or the artform.

if music is timeless why is disco dead?

by "the music" i was referring to "gangsta rap" and not disco.  
and when people say disco they're referring to the whole style of dress, dance, the nightclub scene...etc.  that's gone, sure.  but strong elements of disco music (which copied alot from funk) still exist in modern pop, and are oft borrowed in r&b and sampled in hip hop.  so disco music has simply evolved, as all music does.  and disco borrowed heavily from funk and such, and there are still funk bands around and disco bands around that play small clubs.  so it isn't really dead.  it has evolved.  it's just not popular, not on mtv were cats like you can see it and buy the albums.

you defending the omissions in your collection

it's this simple.  i was amused that you were bragging about a collection that was so glaringly incomplete.  at first you were bragging like you had accomplised something, now you're backpedalling.  well i don't like the music, and i don't like some of the more underground artists that people widely recognize as legends...blah blah blah...

you didn't know king tee had a work of releases out? lol.

oh, and pardon me for missing the 4 or 5 east coast artists you did have in your collection.    it's still an extraordinarly poor showing.

in closing, i'm 24 years old...no longer is it cool to through up westside when you're driving in your older cousins car...i've grown out of gangsta rap... the shit is garbage... i've already heard 40,000 songs about drugs... 30,000 murders that never took place...listened to 20,000 gangbang songs...frankly i'm grown up and the shit doesn't impress me anymore

that's exactly the mtv fad attitude that i'm talking about.  you're criticizing gangsta rap for being about nothing but murders and drug deals, yet you don't have any artists that have a more positive message or outlook.  you're clowing kam and knocc out and dresta,  you didn't have any pac, you didn't have ren, you don't have ras kass, no dazzie...you have no basis to speak on west coast rap as an aggregate when the only things you have in your paltry collection are artists that reinforce your biases.  you don't appreciate the message that alot of these artists actually have, the music is meaningless to you as you've said.  "throwing up westside in your older cousin's car"???  are you from the west side?  it's that whole mtv attitude that is simply looking for gimmicks to buy into, and won't buy an artist unless they have a grammy nomination or something.

if you think those cd's are that important and the way kam talks about killing someone else is so revolutionary

so you say you don't like kam but you've clearly never listened to kam.  that one line tells me you have no idea what you're talking about.

stop posing.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2005, 10:09:18 AM »
^ he doesnt have 2pac.. ::)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 10:41:09 AM »
i looked for "tupac" and not 2pac after it was pointed out the guy didn't have makaveli.  the guy is a fraud either way.  you have the monkeys or elvis in your sig (u2 maybe???), so i can see why you would rush to his defense.  your character is suspect as well. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 10:47:11 AM by nibs »

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 10:48:27 AM »
i looked for "tupac" and not 2pac after it was pointed out the guy didn't have makaveli.  the guy is a fraud either way.  you have the monkeys or elvis in your sig (u2 maybe???), so i can see why you would rush to his defense.  your character is suspect as well.
::) & lmao

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 10:55:49 AM »
you can laugh all you want,  what we have is a cat on some corn ball beach boy shit, rushing to the defense of a guy on some mtv fad shit; running his mouth on some tipper gore shit about how g-rap is a fad and all it is murder and drug deals.   cats that clealy never appreciated the music, and never understood the context and the message behind alot of these artists.

what does it mean when a cat that's listening to bob dylan rolls his eyes at you? 

it's meaningless.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 10:57:24 AM »
good list, but ur missin
TQ - Listen

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 11:04:45 AM »
gawd damn..thats a lot of cds
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 12:58:37 PM »
^ he doesnt have 2pac.. ::)
STFU you fucking faggot, what does that have to do with what he was talking about?  Did you just come into this thread to look for a bullshit error so you can add another bullshit post to your name? 
Anyways, getting back to the topic, the collection looks like a good start for a West coast fan, and to me, West Coast music isn't about the violence, drugs, or sex in the lyrics, its really about the lifestyle.  I don't know if anyone can relate to this who doesn't live in California, but West Coast music(in the production mostly, but also in the lyrics sometimes) sums up the kind of feeling you get cruising around on a sunny day.  A good West Coast song can bring that feeling into my head, and that is what West Coast "gangsta" rap is to me.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 01:01:58 PM »
^ no , fagget, he was trying to make a bad point, and said smerlus doesnt have 2pac in his library, and i mentioned that he DOES.. suck a dick, and btw, theres nothing wrong with listening to beach boys and bob dylan, and also listen to rap, which is wat i do, im sorry im not 1 dimensional and i cant take listening to  music about murder and violence, 24/7, i like all types of music,

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 01:26:38 PM »
the beach boys, bob dylan...that's some cornball shit. 

who's 1 dimensional?  i'm simply saying that that shit is corny.   "born in the u.s.a.!!!" that's some cornball shit.

but more importantly, cats are making statements like "i can't listen to murder and violence 24/7"; and that's why you and this other guy's credibility is in question.  because that's nowhere near all that's in the music, that's only a small fraction of what's in the music.  and i genuinely wonder if a guy that's listening to the beatles can appreciate the context, attitudes and perspectives and many of the underlying messages that's actually in the music. 

it's the difference between cats that think the music is a fad, and cats that can appreciate the meaning behind the music.

i don't like kam, i don't like ras kass, i don't like ren; i'd rather listen to sting and elvis

that shit really isn't surprising.  because if you look past the 64 references, and the references to partying and shit like that, the attitudes and perspectives of the cats in the music is going to be downright offensive to bruce springsteen and people of that ilk.

i see cats crying about beef in hip hop, cats like that must have never spent a day in any hood anywhere.  and i genuinely wonder if cats like that truly appreciate the music.  and when cats say "i'm too old to listen to drug dealing and shit; i'm too grown for hip hop" that is a clear indication that this individual never really understood the music.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 01:29:49 PM by nibs »

Thirteen

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005, 01:57:22 PM »
if you can name one song out of each of those cd's that doesn't deal with bitchs, drugs, killing, guns, money, jewelry or cars... not including the funk and R&B i'll give you a cookie

gangsta rap is a fad... sure mario brothers was the shit back in the day...it's a legend...but that game doesn't do shit for me now...just like this music... why should i put all this negativity in my life from an outside source...plus most of it is false negativity....most of the shit in these songs are made up... the only time you hear a positive message in a song is when it's "i got all this money, you can too but you just wasted your money on my cd making me richer and you poorer"

it's cool that you can relate so heavily to this tripe and i admire your convictions, but that's your opinion and frankly, just like the cd's you mentioned....don't mean shit to me