Author Topic: finally filled up my 200 disc cd case  (Read 788 times)

Thirteen

Re: finally filled up my 200 disc cd case
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2005, 06:59:59 AM »
so let me see if I got this right...you don't like gangsta rap, yet you filled an entire 200 disk changer with gangsta rap albums?  hmm....

i also have a bunch of GI joes, transformers and legos but do i play with them anymore? ....no.....it's this little thing called growing up

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
Re: fianlly filled up my 200 disc cd case
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2005, 07:13:03 AM »
Mr. Alba:
lol how you gonna be mad at somebody for not liking what you like and not owning certain albums?

i'm not mad at dude.  i pointed out that he was missing alot, he became obstinate and claimed he barely liked the genre at all.  end of discussion.

you can't be serious talkin about a collection being a shadow of what it should be, acting like everybody has to like gangsta rap when yours is, judged by your own benchmarks, poor too..

you almost make a good point.  let me show you the distinction i'm making here.  this guy has half the artists he should have.  pac but no makaveli?  only the second eastsidaz?  no doggy's angels?  it's incomplete for what it represents.

if you look at gaps in my collection you should appreciate that i have exactly what i like, plus a little xtra.

i never claimed to have everything, or everything west coast
this is what i collect:
n.w.a. centered west coast (but not aftermath post chronic 2001) (everything ruthless, death row, lench mob...etc)
a little bay area centered around the luniz
a little east coast centered around def squad and a little flavah unit as well
female r&b singers

everything else is pretty much extra
i've some e-40 some jay-z thrown in there.  blah

if you're talking about what i'm missing, maybe some lench mob, maybe some epmd, keith murray...etc.  my collection is pretty complete for what it represents.   maybe i don't have jj fad and i couldn't find mista grimm's album.  whatever.  did i say i collect everything?  no.  do i collect every artists that gets 5 mics?  no.  is illmatic a glaring omision in my collection?  not really, because my little bro jacked me for that one (and it was written) and i simply got the tracks i liked from itms.  but maybe i should replace it for completeness sake, as i do like some of nas material.

maybe you only posted the link to one part of your list or something ? cause otherwise you just slapped yourself by claiming everybody should have certain shit and is not appreciating the music

again.  my collection is pretty much complete for what it represents and i'll stand by it.  it's based around the n.w.a. legacy, i've sampled some bay and took what i liked.  sampled some midwestern and some east coast and some southern and taken what i've liked.  when it comes to old school, i pretty much just pick out the old school songs i like and get them from the itms or d/l them.  so you don't see a kool g rap album, but i have a couple kool g rap tracks and some d-nice tracks scattered around.

All you got is a couple of albums by some of the most famous ones, a very few others and that's it.

look, i've all sorts of obscure artists.  all sorts of cd's that are out of print and shit like that.  probably less than 20% of my collection is artists that ever got love from mtv or something, cats that were even invited to the grammy's let alone won shit. or even went gold. this is not an mtv collection.

you listeing to all that RnB bullshit and you wanna put down the Beatles?

yeah.  i'll trash the beatles or any other boy band anyday.

LMAO go bump some Ashanti and Aguilera and be happy you not listening to no corny shit

hey, ashanti is wack.  aguilera has one song i like "get mines, get yours" [pop shit]; but vivian green, sandra st victor, simon hines, taral, michael or janet jackson...their material shits all over the beatles, all over the beach boys, all over springsteen.  nasty green diarrea shit.

shit, bobby brown shits on the beatles.  
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 07:21:36 AM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2005, 07:16:33 AM »
so let me see if I got this right...you don't like gangsta rap, yet you filled an entire 200 disk changer with gangsta rap albums?  hmm....

i also have a bunch of GI joes, transformers and legos but do i play with them anymore? ....no.....it's this little thing called growing up

do you have the constructicons and devastator?  do you have astrotrain?  the stunticons and minosaur? what about sunstreak, sideswipe, mirage or smoke screen?  what transformers do you have?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 07:22:21 AM by nibs »

Don Seer

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2005, 07:23:22 AM »
stop acting like homo's  >:(

Thirteen

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2005, 07:33:31 AM »
my cd collection used to center around Ice Cube.... that's why i have more WC and mack 10 than doggy's angels (still don't know why you insist thats a "MUST HAVE" cd) and the eastsidaz...i've tried out the eastsidaz and they don't do nothing for me... i don't have the makaveli cd because i didn't like it

how come you only have one scarface cd and it's the only average one? how come no geto boys? scarface has done more for rap than doggy's angels, eastsidaz, kausion, kam and ras kass put together

you have britney spears and christina aguilera but no luther vandross?

you have as many omissions as i do in your cd collection

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2005, 07:45:59 AM »
Needles Kane:
doggy's angels (still don't know why you insist thats a "MUST HAVE" cd) and the eastsidaz...i've tried out the eastsidaz and they don't do nothing for me...

doggy's angels cd was an excellent cd, and better than the eastsidaz second album.

how come you only have one scarface cd and it's the only average one?

i don't like scarface, the one that i have had a daz track on it, and a pac track on it.  southside is the only track i listen to on that.

how come no geto boys?

i do have "we can't be stopped". 

scarface has done more for rap than doggy's angels, eastsidaz, kausion, kam and ras kass put together

kam's music is far more meaningful than scarface, and i put that on everything.  ras kass too.  and kausion, kola, coniyac and tray dee all flow better than face.  and they have better beats too.

you have britney spears

rodney jerkins produced some tracks for britney that i wanted to hear.  i like rodney's work.  sadly, his work on that project was garbage.

christina aguilera

christina has a song that i like.

no luther vandross?

no luther.  for the most part i collect female r&b singers, and some old school shit my parents used to play.  lately i've been augmenting my collection with some new jack swing that i used to like in junior high.  bbd and shit like that.

you have as many omissions as i do in your cd collection

where i feel there are holes in my collection, i'm filling in those gaps.   

Don Seer

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2005, 08:01:18 AM »

if you dont stop i'mma lock this!

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2005, 08:02:29 AM »
i'm through

Thirteen

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2005, 09:13:16 AM »

if you dont stop i'mma lock this!

we're not attacking one another, just comparing collections... i've seen threads get far worse than this... i find nibs opinions interesting

Don Seer

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2005, 10:26:18 AM »
bah :P

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2005, 10:49:10 AM »
i got 208 albums on my ipod, and thats cause i couldnt fit any more, in all, im at around 400 maybe more, how many did i buy, 10-15.. and most of the 1s i bought, i dont even know were they are

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2005, 10:53:51 AM »
Mr. Alba:
lol how you gonna be mad at somebody for not liking what you like and not owning certain albums?

i'm not mad at dude.  i pointed out that he was missing alot, he became obstinate and claimed he barely liked the genre at all.  end of discussion.

you can't be serious talkin about a collection being a shadow of what it should be, acting like everybody has to like gangsta rap when yours is, judged by your own benchmarks, poor too..

you almost make a good point.  let me show you the distinction i'm making here.  this guy has half the artists he should have.  pac but no makaveli?  only the second eastsidaz?  no doggy's angels?  it's incomplete for what it represents.

if you look at gaps in my collection you should appreciate that i have exactly what i like, plus a little xtra.

i never claimed to have everything, or everything west coast
this is what i collect:
n.w.a. centered west coast (but not aftermath post chronic 2001) (everything ruthless, death row, lench mob...etc)
a little bay area centered around the luniz
a little east coast centered around def squad and a little flavah unit as well
female r&b singers

everything else is pretty much extra
i've some e-40 some jay-z thrown in there.  blah

if you're talking about what i'm missing, maybe some lench mob, maybe some epmd, keith murray...etc.  my collection is pretty complete for what it represents.   maybe i don't have jj fad and i couldn't find mista grimm's album.  whatever.  did i say i collect everything?  no.  do i collect every artists that gets 5 mics?  no.  is illmatic a glaring omision in my collection?  not really, because my little bro jacked me for that one (and it was written) and i simply got the tracks i liked from itms.  but maybe i should replace it for completeness sake, as i do like some of nas material.

maybe you only posted the link to one part of your list or something ? cause otherwise you just slapped yourself by claiming everybody should have certain shit and is not appreciating the music

again.  my collection is pretty much complete for what it represents and i'll stand by it.  it's based around the n.w.a. legacy, i've sampled some bay and took what i liked.  sampled some midwestern and some east coast and some southern and taken what i've liked.  when it comes to old school, i pretty much just pick out the old school songs i like and get them from the itms or d/l them.  so you don't see a kool g rap album, but i have a couple kool g rap tracks and some d-nice tracks scattered around.

All you got is a couple of albums by some of the most famous ones, a very few others and that's it.

look, i've all sorts of obscure artists.  all sorts of cd's that are out of print and shit like that.  probably less than 20% of my collection is artists that ever got love from mtv or something, cats that were even invited to the grammy's let alone won shit. or even went gold. this is not an mtv collection.

you listeing to all that RnB bullshit and you wanna put down the Beatles?

yeah.  i'll trash the beatles or any other boy band anyday.

LMAO go bump some Ashanti and Aguilera and be happy you not listening to no corny shit

hey, ashanti is wack.  aguilera has one song i like "get mines, get yours" [pop shit]; but vivian green, sandra st victor, simon hines, taral, michael or janet jackson...their material shits all over the beatles, all over the beach boys, all over springsteen.  nasty green diarrea shit.

shit, bobby brown shits on the beatles.  

I don't see no sense in collecting albums that are affiliated with artists you like (like Doggy's Angels) over albums you simply like. If I got everything by Snoop but I don't like Doggy's Angels why would I want to get that cd and not get a totally different one (that I actually like) instead, even if it isn't affiliated with anybody I else I like ? If having complete collections of everything affiliated with your favorite artists is your personal goal then be it, but why must others share that goal with you in order to have a "decent" collection ?

it's incomplete for what it represents.

who told you it represents the completition of artist affiliated discographies ? the owner of the list did certainly not tell you that since what he said actually implied the oposite.

do i collect every artists that gets 5 mics?  no.
does dude who started the thread collect everything around snoop ? no. if he doesn't like it, like Doggy's Angels, he doesn't.

look, i've all sorts of obscure artists.  all sorts of cd's that are out of print and shit like that.  probably less than 20% of my collection is artists that ever got love from mtv or something, cats that were even invited to the grammy's let alone won shit. or even went gold. this is not an mtv collection.

way more than half of em been on mtv before, if you think yuk and them never been on mtv you're wrong. On a site note, what I meant is famous amongst hiphop fans, every hiphoper knows e-40, big l and so on

also, you are missing more than you may realize, aside from the fact that you do not have something from every genre, let alone area.

everything around nwa but no C.I.A. (that's already half of NWA with Cube and Dre who produced their ep) ? no 10th Anniversary Tribute ? DJ Quik but no Way 2 Fonkey, Quik Is The Name ? Snoop Dogg (and Eastsidaz) but no R and G, no Goldie Loc solo ?, DPG but no Dogg Pound Gangsta LP, no DPGC Remix LP ? I ain't got the time to go on but you get the picture, that's incomplete for what it represents.

Your entitled to your liking of untalented female RnB singers but don't tell nobody he shouldn't listen to the Beatles or they crap or whatever.. they have obvious talent, whether you like them or not. Their worst album takes a shit on Ray J's best and his lyrics are 100% corny, all these rnb cats like Beyonce and them have corny lyrics

listen to Beyonce's album (Beyonce Interlude, track 13) and tell me what in the history of music albums is cornier than that shit  :-X (and that's what the music is like too, the interlude just sums up how much "poetic" talent Beyonce has

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2005, 11:27:08 AM »
^ no , fagget, he was trying to make a bad point, and said smerlus doesnt have 2pac in his library, and i mentioned that he DOES.. suck a dick, and btw, theres nothing wrong with listening to beach boys and bob dylan, and also listen to rap, which is wat i do, im sorry im not 1 dimensional and i cant take listening to  music about murder and violence, 24/7, i like all types of music,
LMAO, so your bitch ass is gonna get nightmares if you listen to music about murder and violence all the time?  I ain't 1 dimensional, I appreciate all kinds of music, but I just think that West Coast rap is better than anything else out there.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2005, 11:29:21 AM »
Mr. Alba:
I don't see no sense in collecting albums that are affiliated with artists you like (like Doggy's Angels)

the doggy's angels album was an extremely solid album.  i was a fan of kola before she became an angel and i have her sole album.  most importantly, the main reason i collect affiliated artists is because they have the same (or a similar) sound and typically work with the same producers.

If I got everything by Snoop but I don't like Doggy's Angels why would I want to get that cd

you shouldn't get it then.  what i'm saying is the doggy's angels cd was hot and was something alot of people slept on.  coniyac and kola are both pretty tight, big chan is alright but not as good.

If having complete collections of everything affiliated with your favorite artists is your personal goal then be it, but why must others share that goal with you in order to have a "decent" collection ?

i was suggesting that he was missing music he'd probably like.  warren g's first two albums were his two best.  doggy's angels cd is probably the best dogg house release.

what i was trying to say was this:
"if this is what you like, then you should have this" and i'm using what he has to determine what he likes.

the owner of the list did certainly not tell you that since what he said actually implied the oposite.

i stated that i felt the collection is incomplete, and i've been explaining why.

does dude who started the thread collect everything around snoop ? no. if he doesn't like it, like Doggy's Angels, he doesn't.

initially he never said he heard xyz and didn't like it.  i was commenting on what he didn't have.  additionally things he claimed he didn't like (kam) he clearly never heard.  by his comments.

way more than half of em been on mtv before, if you think yuk and them never been on mtv you're wrong. On a site note, what I meant is famous amongst hiphop fans, every hiphoper knows e-40, big l and so on

i never singled out yuk or e-40.  look at steffon or menajahtwa or jimmy z.

also, you are missing more than you may realize, aside from the fact that you do not have something from every genre, let alone area.

i dislike the genres i don't have.

everything around nwa but no C.I.A. (that's already half of NWA with Cube and Dre who produced their ep) ?

i am missing cia, i've never seen it anywhere.

no 10th Anniversary Tribute ?

if there isn't new material i don't need it.

DJ Quik but no Way 2 Fonkey, Quik Is The Name ?

didn't like those two.  but i'll add them.  why not?

Snoop Dogg (and Eastsidaz) but no R and G

i do have r & g

no Goldie Loc solo ?

that would be an omission

DPG but no Dogg Pound Gangsta LP

that one is on order

no DPGC Remix LP ?

didn't know about that one, depending on who remixed it i may be interested.

ain't got the time to go on but you get the picture, that's incomplete for what it represents.

i can't dance around this issue.  you are 100% correct.  because of some of the omissions in my collection, dj quik's early work, hi-c's albums, early above the law, late big hutch...etc  the gaps in my collection are egregious.   at best, my collection is 75% of what it should be, and that's being generous.

Your entitled to your liking of untalented female RnB singers but don't tell nobody he shouldn't listen to the Beatles or they crap or whatever..

the beatles are trash, and i'll stand by that.  and i'm not advocating the r&b artists youv'e singled out.

they have obvious talent, whether you like them or not. Their worst album takes a shit on Ray J's best and his lyrics are 100% corny, all these rnb cats like Beyonce and them have corny lyrics

rodney j did like half of ray-j and i really don't like beyonce.  pick on the artists i singled out.

listen to Beyonce's album (Beyonce Interlude, track 13) and tell me what in the history of music albums is cornier than that shit  :-X (and that's what the music is like too, the interlude just sums up how much "poetic" talent Beyonce has

i can point out some of destiny's child's earlier works that i do like, but i don't like beyonce that much.   pick on vivian green or sandra.  pick on gina thompson or veronica or something.  ashanti, beyonce, aguilera, spears...i'm not really a huge fan of theirs.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 11:44:18 AM by nibs »

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2005, 11:41:52 AM »
Mr. Alba:
I ain't got the time to go on but you get the picture, that's incomplete for what it represents.

i can't dance around this issue.  you are 100% correct.  because of some of the omissions in my collection, dj quik's early work, hi-c's albums, early above the law, late big hutch...etc  the gaps in my collection are egregious.   at best, my collection is 75% of what it should be, and that's being generous.