Author Topic: finally filled up my 200 disc cd case  (Read 790 times)

Thirteen

Re: finally filled up my 200 disc cd case
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2005, 11:46:12 AM »
i have heard of Kam and what i've heard, he's nothing special....i've heard him on DJ Quik's cd and i have some other of his songs on compilations....he doesn't impress me

you're also missing sex packets by digital underground

i'll stick by scarface being better than all those you've listed, scarface is to the south what cube is to the westcoast

and now that i think about it, yeah i'm missing warren g's first couple, xzibit's first couple and i'd like to get EA Ski's cd's but those are impossible to find around here... but other than that my collection revolves mostly around ice cube, but i'm not gonna waste $16 on a cd i'm not gonna listen to just because the guy has worked with ice cube... i'm definitly not going to waste anymore money on snoop/ snoop afiliated cd's until he switches around...

i miiiight check out daz's new cd but i probably won't

so in end, my funk collection will get bigger, over time but my rap collection is pretty much going to stay the same for as far as i can see... i'm no longer interested in what rappers have to say these days... even Chris Rock said "I love rap music, but i can no longer defend it" which is true

Thirteen

Re: fianlly filled up my 200 disc cd case
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
Mr. Alba:
I ain't got the time to go on but you get the picture, that's incomplete for what it represents.

i can't dance around this issue.  you are 100% correct.  because of some of the omissions in my collection, dj quik's early work, hi-c's albums, early above the law, late big hutch...etc  the gaps in my collection are egregious.   at best, my collection is 75% of what it should be, and that's being generous.

what you don't get is it's your collection, it's ok to have snoops PTCTBTB and TGITBTNS and not the rest if that's your interest... to me my collection is pretty much 95% done with rap... i only need a few more and that will be all the music i enjoy... honestly i have about 20 cd's i haven't even listened all the way through in my collection because i used to just buy cd's to have something new

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2005, 11:53:47 AM »
Earth to Nibs -

Rodney Jerkins sucks, and therefore having a load of pop albums just because he has done production on them doesn't excuse having them.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2005, 11:59:08 AM »
Needles Kane:
i'm not gonna waste $16 on a cd i'm not gonna listen to just because the guy has worked with ice cube... i'm definitly not going to waste anymore money on snoop/ snoop afiliated cd's until he switches around...

personally, i'm unable to listen to the radio or watch mtv or bet because they don't play the music or artists that i like.  the early 90's were a good time, since then...not so good.  so, the way i find new artists to listen to is by picking up affiliated artists when i see them.  "peeps...i heard her on mc ren's album..." so that's how i get my music.  and then when i find an artist i go back and look at the artists they've worked with.  i don't know how everyone else finds music, but that system has worked for me.

what you don't get is it's your collection, it's ok to have snoops PTCTBTB and TGITBTNS and not the rest if that's your interest...

in the sense that i collect cd's like stamps...i've a lot more work to do.  in the sense that i collect cd's for the music i like to listen too, i'm pretty close to where i need to be.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2005, 11:59:48 AM »
Earth to Nibs -

Rodney Jerkins sucks, and therefore having a load of pop albums just because he has done production on them doesn't excuse having them.

loll i second that...rodney jerkins is overrated and overpaid...

anyway, i've currently got somewhere between 400-500 original cd's, by artists from all coasts

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2005, 12:02:37 PM »
Earth to Nibs -

his earlier work with b-rocka, mary j, gina thompson, simone hines and veronica was pretty hot. great stuff.  i really appreciate the original darkchild sound.   he gave a couple heater to mj too. and some trash as well.

the only times supporting rodney has blown up on me was with britney's album and with coko's album, but i don't mind that much.  ray-j?  i had his first album which keith and kenneth crouch did iirc, so getting the second was no biggy.

i would agree that r-j's sound is in the decline, although b-rocka's third album was a banger.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 12:04:08 PM by nibs »

Thirteen

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2005, 12:05:43 PM »
i ran into coko in japan and i had no idea who she was... i just noticed it was a gaggle of hot black chicks and a few huge ass guys standing around

jpm

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2005, 12:05:52 PM »
Good collection, but no Makaveli 7 Day Theory?? That album is a must......best cd ever made IMO.

Makaveli-The_7_Day_Theory_(Re-Release)-2001-RAGEMP3

got it man of course heh
www.ReallyHipHop.com for all the latest hip-hop media available!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2005, 12:07:17 PM »
^ no , fagget, he was trying to make a bad point, and said smerlus doesnt have 2pac in his library, and i mentioned that he DOES.. suck a dick, and btw, theres nothing wrong with listening to beach boys and bob dylan, and also listen to rap, which is wat i do, im sorry im not 1 dimensional and i cant take listening to  music about murder and violence, 24/7, i like all types of music,
LMAO, so your bitch ass is gonna get nightmares if you listen to music about murder and violence all the time? I ain't 1 dimensional, I appreciate all kinds of music, but I just think that West Coast rap is better than anything else out there.
no, i listen to plenty of gangsta rap and i dont really mind the violence, but it gets repetative, but, i think roscoe said it best, " if he a killa, and you a killa too, how are you an individual"...

Shark

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2005, 12:41:15 PM »
i only have like 70 rap cd's but they were all worth buying and the best shit from the west/east....all you guys must be older cuz i cannot afford all those cds.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2005, 03:01:45 PM »
you shouldn't get it then.  what i'm saying is the doggy's angels cd was hot and was something alot of people slept on.  coniyac and kola are both pretty tight, big chan is alright but not as good.
[..]
i was suggesting that he was missing music he'd probably like.  warren g's first two albums were his two best.  doggy's angels cd is probably the best dogg house release.

if you had formulated your posts that way I wouldn't have said shit but the way you put it it sounded as if you were suggesting that, in order to be decent and complete, a cd collection must look like yours.

i was amused that you were bragging about a collection that was so glaringly incomplete.  at first you were bragging like you had accomplised something, now you're backpedalling. 

all that was said in the first post was "here are the contents, i can hook up any request in the hook up spot if someone is interested in a particular cd..." so the only way you can think the point of the thread was bragging is: posting one's list is, in your mind, automatically bragging. Now you did post your list right after him, so having in mind that you must feel like your list is a reason to actually brag about while his isn't, I found it funny that your list is not anywhere near complete or very versatile either, which is what I've been pointing out.

These circumstances being provided, your recent admitting of your own considerable lack of completition is as much of "backpedalling" (as you put it) as it was by the author of this thread. (neither of the both of you litereally said he was proud of his collection, both posted it. You see you're in the same boat. The difference being that he didn't call anybody on having on having an incomplete list while you did)

When your suggestions have clearly been rejected, in a way that clearly implied that they are known ("doggy's angels? you can't be serious") and you still (after that being clarified) insist that not having them makes his collection "incomplete" ("no doggy's angels?  it's incomplete for what it represents.") then this is contradicting your advice not to get them ("you shouldn't get it then") as well as your claim you are merely suggesting what he might miss.

i never singled out yuk or e-40.  look at steffon or menajahtwa or jimmy z.
you singled out 80% of your list, which makes the statement a false one. sure there are people that have never been on mtv too, but that part does clearly not make the majority of your collection.

if there isn't new material i don't need it.
you are mixing that up with The N.W.A. Legacy. The release i mentioned are NWA tracks performed by affiliated artists (new beats, basically old lyrics)

N.W.A. Tribute - 01.Straight Outta Compton (feat.King T, MC Eiht & Dre'sta)
N.W.A. Tribute - 02.Fuck Tha Police (feat.Bone Thugs-N-Harmony)
N.W.A. Tribute - 03.Gangsta Gangsta (feat.Snoop Dogg & C-Murder)
N.W.A. Tribute - 04.If It Ain't Ruff (feat.WC)
N.W.A. Tribute - 05.Parental Discretion Iz Advised (feat.The Comrads, Allfrumtha I & Boo Kapone)
N.W.A. Tribute - 06.8 Ball (feat.Jayo Felony)
N.W.A. Tribute - 07.Something Like That (feat.J-Dubb & Ant Banks)
N.W.A. Tribute - 08.Express Yourself (feat.Silkk The Shocker)
N.W.A. Tribute - 10.I Ain't Tha 1 (feat.Mr. Mike)
N.W.A. Tribute - 11.Dopeman (feat.Mack 10)
N.W.A. Tribute - 12.Quiet On Tha Set (feat.Big Pun, Fat Joe & Cuban Link)

didn't know about that one, depending on who remixed it i may be interested.

it's a collection of remixes by produced by varios people (from Let Me Ride to Just Dippin, This DJ, Ride Wit Us, U Better Recognize)

the beatles are trash, and i'll stand by that.

a comment like that doesn't speak for your appreciation of music that you previously promoted, and leaves the impression that you do not base your judgement on objective aspects but on absolutely subjectively chosen ones. I will agree with you that saying Kam is just another shittalkin average gangsta rapper doesn't speak for that either but since you claimed to be a person who appreciates all different kinds of quality music for what it is, you should at least live up to your own values.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2005, 03:27:30 PM »
Mr. Alba:
all that was said in the first post was "here are the contents, i can hook up any request in the hook up spot if someone is interested in a particular cd..." so the only way you can think the point of the thread was bragging is: posting one's list is, in your mind, automatically bragging. Now you did post your list right after him, so having in mind that you must feel like your list is a reason to actually brag about while his isn't,

re-read the thread.  things became argumentative when dude started calling g-rap a fad and saying he outgrew it.  the reason i called his collection incomplete was that he didn't have the west coast artists that balance out alot of the negativity.  i then provided a bunch of examples to illlustrate that his collection was incomplete as a whole.

I found it funny that your list is not anywhere near complete or very versatile either, which is what I've been pointing out.

a) my collection isn't complete in that i don't have everything i could have.   however the stuff i don't have i don't like.  and i don't like all the stuff i do have.  you talk about versatility, i could start collecting genre's and sub genre's of music that i don't remotely appreciate, but that would be silly.  i'm very happy with my versatility as for the most part it encompasses everything i like and am interested in.

These circumstances being provided, your recent admitting of your own considerable lack of completition is as much of "backpedalling" (as you put it) as it was by the author of this thread.

it's not backpedalling, it's the truth.  i can't say my collection is complete when there are glaring omissions.  i can say that i've had little interest in completing my collection, because; the albums i don't have i, for the most part, don't want. 

but this was never meant to be a competition between collections.   i have a script that prints out my collection as it's all ripped in itunes, so posting it is nothing.  re-read the front page, the conflict was my questioning his appreciation for the music and genre after he had already trashed it and acted like there was nothing left for him to hear.  if there's a difference between the two of us, it's that i listen to my music and love it and don't claim that it's meaningless.

When your suggestions have clearly been rejected, in a way that clearly implied that they are known ("doggy's angels? you can't be serious")

we can over analyze this.  i concluded that he had not heard the album only the singles which is why i kept reiterating, "doggy's angels is a better album than the eastsidaz second album" which he owned.  same producers, same artists on several tracks...etc.  after he claimed that he had heard the album i changed my reccomendation because my initial assumption was wrong.

if you think i'm backpedalling it's simply because of this.  the argument has completely gotten off track of what i was trying to say.  i was questioning whether or not he truly appreciated the artists and music, i was using the incompleteness of his collection as a subordinate point; suggesting that if he hadn't heard everything he should have heard, his conclusions about the art form as a whole are wrong.  people are still saying g-rap is all violence and redundant even on this page. 
am i abandoning the completeness argument?  sure.  because it's not the argument i was trying to make from the start.

you singled out 80% of your list, which makes the statement a false one. sure there are people that have never been on mtv too, but that part does clearly not make the majority of your collection.

look.  you changed the rules.  you are picking out one small part  i said 80% of my collection were not gold or platinum artists, 80% of my artists had not won any awards or gotten love from mtv.  that is true.  you are arguing that most of my artists have been seen on mtv at some point.  that's a different argument, and an argument that is probably true.   but being seen on mtv isn't getting love from mtv.  it isn't going gold, it isn't winning a grammy.  what you are now saying does not contradict what i did say.  

and e-40 is a bigger name than yuk.  yuk isn't that big a name unless it's someone familiar with the west coast.  maybe if i say "you know, from the luniz" they'll remember.  otherwise, no.

you are mixing that up with The N.W.A. Legacy. The release i mentioned are NWA tracks performed by affiliated artists (new beats, basically old lyrics)[

i'm glad you cleared that up.  i was opposed to that project because i thought it was disrespectful for cats to make money off n.w.a. like that.  this is similar to why i refuse to support any recent pac release.  i don't like other people remixing and jumping on his shit.   

a comment like that doesn't speak for your appreciation of music that you previously promoted, and leaves the impression that you do not base your judgement on objective aspects but on absolutely subjectively chosen ones.

i don't like the beatles music, i don't appreciate that sound.  appreciating music is subjective, how can i be objective about something inherently subjective?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 03:54:17 PM by nibs »

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2005, 04:35:12 PM »
^^Liking music is inherently subjective, judging is not. How else could you even blame somebody for not appreciating a certain type of music (which you did), it wouldn't be possible cause everybody could just tell you "well I don't like it so I'm right". This is obviously not the case as there are aspects of music that are factually this or that way.  Needles Kane claimed Kam only spits the average bullshitting about murders that have never been committed. This claim is part of a discussion about one of the aspects I mentioned, this one being the aspect of subject matter (others are rhyme structure, ect). Anybody should be able to see that this is not something you can subjecteliy decide, it's fact. Kam spits various topics, political ones being amongst them (<--fact, not opinion). Kam usually has lyrics wit a good, quite complex rhyme sceme (<--fact, not opinion). Kam is capable of flowing on beat (<-- fact, not opinion).

That being said, there are artists such as Michael Jackson and the Beatles that you can simply not call untalented, and it's false if you do.

appreciating music is subjective <-- since you used the word appreciate (which can have different meanings) it's not possible to say that comment is right or wrong, it could mean 1.) whether you like music, are greatefull that it exists, is and must be subjective (<--true), or 2.) whether you consider music trash, or see it's quality is and must be subjective (<-- false. People who claim the quality of music depends 100% on the audience's taste are wrong as there are aspects of music which you can neutrally, objectively judge, regardless of your personal taste).

If I say Kam is not capable of writing decent rap lyrics, I'm wrong. by definition rap lyrics have to rhyme, make sense and be flowable to be decent cause that's their purpose. Kam's lyrics comply those aspects, therefore they fulfill their purpose and are decent (<-- fact. I simplified it a lil but you get the point).

You are right I changed the rules about the mtv thing (not on purpose) and what you originally said might be true actually. Still, your collection doesn't contain really specialized undergorund shit or nothing but (for the most part) the shit pretty much every hiphop fan knows (undergound yes, by definition, but still well known amongst hiphop fans). The reason I brought that up is cause it seemed to me like you acted like it was a very special list, but whatever..

as for the rest, I did realize that it's not all about a competition of collections, however, for the reasons I elaborated, you still necessarily implied that posting one's list without a further comment is something you don't do unless you think the collection is someting you can brag about (whether or not it is the main goal of posting it). Seeing that you fit in that category (of people who post their list without a further comment) you either thought your list is something you can brag about, or you didn't really think about that when you posted the list, in which case you proved your previous claim wrong. (because you did say he tried to brag without him having said he's proud and posted your own list too without saying that. the same circumstances, either you are both proud or none of you is verifiably proud)

either way you did contradict yourself by either 1.) claiming he bragged without a reason that would tell you he did, or 2.) acting like you have a reason to be brag when he doesn't, although none of you has a close to 'complete' (by your own definition) list.

Considering your elaborations after I called you on it, it seems to be the 1st possibility.

Acgrundy

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2005, 06:24:16 PM »
so let me see if I got this right...you don't like gangsta rap, yet you filled an entire 200 disk changer with gangsta rap albums?  hmm....

i also have a bunch of GI joes, transformers and legos but do i play with them anymore? ....no.....it's this little thing called growing up

you filled your cd changer with the albums.  why didn't you fill it with other music cds?  and I wouldn't exactly call having gi joes, legos, and transformers growing up.

Thirteen

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2005, 08:52:04 PM »
so let me see if I got this right...you don't like gangsta rap, yet you filled an entire 200 disk changer with gangsta rap albums?  hmm....

i also have a bunch of GI joes, transformers and legos but do i play with them anymore? ....no.....it's this little thing called growing up

you filled your cd changer with the albums.  why didn't you fill it with other music cds?  and I wouldn't exactly call having gi joes, legos, and transformers growing up.

this coming from someone that picks fights over the internet...